The Student Room Group
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds

Place at Leeds Met for Adult Nursing Wooooo!

Scroll to see replies

Yeah! Go for Opal it's better tbh! When i rang up i got told most of the student nurses have chose Opal, and it's nice soo yeah might aswell :smile: You pay your deposit for it, and then once you know for a fact you have got your grades and that, i think the accomodation is set up in termly installments, i'm not sure but i think it's something like that haha! xx
The Rose Bowl, Leeds Beckett University
Leeds Beckett University
Leeds
Really not going Opal!
It's going into administration, was in the newspaper there. Plus for £120 a week for a single bed room which isn't too nice, when for the same price you can get better places with Unite. Plus the shower and that is literally a pod.
Last year the conditions were so bad that they pulled the rooms down to £50 a week. I was up in Leeds twice last week finding all this out. Plus you have to pay more to go use the gym and that there.
But yeah, i'd just check up on it if you're set on going there with it going into administration and that!

Hah, sorry to be so against Opal, but after checking it out/having my siblings live there and hate it + the prices now, I wouldn't want anyone to get ripped off with the debt and that now'a'days.
It's half an hours walk from the Uni too, but it does a free bus.

I really recommend this place, it's the same price and literally a 2 minute walk (if that) from the Uni. Went for a viewing there on Wednesday and it's great. Double bed, nice bathroom, all bills included and that, free gym ect. Even if you've applied to Opal, i'd a quick look just incase something happens because of the admin situation. They said they don't know what will happen until the end of the financial year and to see what happens then.
https://www.unite-students.com/rp1344860836982/Sky-Plaza

This is what the room looks like for £120 a week, which is the same as Opal
https://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=Z2y0q8HzB3Q

I had my heart set on Opal at first, until I went to look round and that D: but these are just as involved with the whole freshers and that. x
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Charleyharley
Really not going Opal!
It's going into administration, was in the newspaper there. Plus for £120 a week for a single bed room which isn't too nice, when for the same price you can get better places with Unite. Plus the shower and that is literally a pod.
Last year the conditions were so bad that they pulled the rooms down to £50 a week. I was up in Leeds twice last week finding all this out. Plus you have to pay more to go use the gym and that there.
But yeah, i'd just check up on it if you're set on going there with it going into administration and that!

Hah, sorry to be so against Opal, but after checking it out/having my siblings live there and hate it + the prices now, I wouldn't want anyone to get ripped off with the debt and that now'a'days.

I really recommend this place, it's the same price and literally a 2 minute walk (if that) from the Uni. Went for a viewing there on Wednesday and it's great. Double bed, nice bathroom, all bills included and that, free gym ect. Even if you've applied to Opal, i'd a quick look just incase something happens because of the admin situation. They said they don't know what will happen until the end of the financial year and to see what happens then.

I had my heart set on Opal at first, until I went to look round and that D: but these are just as involved with the whole freshers and that. x

I've applied for the sky plaza as well, looks SO much nicer :-)
Reply 23
Original post by Hannah1.2.3
I've applied for the sky plaza as well, looks SO much nicer :-)

Sky Plaza all the way, it makes opal look like ****, can't wait to move in!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Really not going Opal!

This has been my point the whole time! Sky looked so great when I went for a viewing:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi guys,

im still waiting to set leeds as my firm choice. so i leeds plaza a better option that opal??

how much in the difference etc?:smile:

xox
Reply 26
Does anyone know how many weeks this course is for? Some are saying 45, yet some are saying 51! x
Original post by Addiev
Sky Plaza all the way, it makes opal look like ****, can't wait to move in!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

How long a contract did you go for? 43 or 51?
Original post by roisin condon
Hi guys,

im still waiting to set leeds as my firm choice. so i leeds plaza a better option that opal??

how much in the difference etc?:smile:

xox

Hey :smile:
In opal all the deluxe rooms have gone, so its just single bed ensuites left. This is £120 a week I think.
At sky plaza you can get a small double bed ensuite for £129 p/w (43 weeks) or £119 p/w (51 weeks).
Both opal and sky plaza have bills included, and a gym etc, so pretty much getting the same thing, but sky plaza is closer to uni. However people say the social side of opal is better, so depends what you want out of it really. Tbh its not like plaza is gonna be dead, a lot of students live there so I'm sure the social side will be pretty good too :smile:
Hope this helps :smile:
Hey :smile:
In opal all the deluxe rooms have gone, so its just single bed ensuites left. This is £120 a week I think.
At sky plaza you can get a small double bed ensuite for £129 p/w (43 weeks) or £119 p/w (51 weeks).
Both opal and sky plaza have bills included, and a gym etc, so pretty much getting the same thing, but sky plaza is closer to uni. However people say the social side of opal is better, so depends what you want out of it really. Tbh its not like plaza is gonna be dead, a lot of students live there so I'm sure the social side will be pretty good too :smile:
Hope this helps :smile:

yes this does help thanks a million:smile: ah i dont know what to do, cause im from ireland and i cant get over to see the accomodation :/
Original post by roisin condon
yes this does help thanks a million:smile: ah i dont know what to do, cause im from ireland and i cant get over to see the accomodation :/

If you type in the names of the accommodation on YouTube there's quite a few videos that show the different places :-)
Lmao! i'm kind of kicking myself now i put a deposit on opal! ohhh well :smile: haha! xx
so leeds plaza it is? haah xx
Reply 33
Original post by NatashaJadeLowe
Lmao! i'm kind of kicking myself now i put a deposit on opal! ohhh well :smile: haha! xx

Haha me to! It says even tho they're in administration its still okay to live there so should be fine :smile: xx

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 34
How long a contract did you go for? 43 or 51?

I've gone for 51 weeks, the price is near enough the same anyway & it gives me flexibility knowing I've got so long to stay there :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
good stuff :smile: thanks for the info xx
Reply 36
Hello :smile:

I've been offered a conditional place on Adult nursing and accepted straight away as it was my first choice and i was over the moon!!

I'm looking into the accommodation now and have seen that most of you are staying at Opal or Plaza..
do you know is Plaza put all the nurses together? (i know Opal do)
The student finance and accommodation is confusing the hell out of me.. ha!

Also.. does anyone know if/when we need to do our health checks and have our injections as i'm working abroad for the summer and i'm worried i'm going to miss them.

Thanks xxx
Reply 37
Really not going Opal!

Hi, Just wondering if you have to apply for the sky plaza through their website? or can you do it through the uni? :smile:
Reply 38
Original post by Sadie95
Hi, Just wondering if you have to apply for the sky plaza through their website? or can you do it through the uni? :smile:

You have to do it directly through unite-students accommodation (which you can on the website) because sky plaza is not owned by Leeds Met unlike opal 1&2 etc..

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 39
I had a look around Opal and I thought it looked pretty neat and tidy. Maybe it just depends on what you think suits you best. But in reality, I reckon you'll probably forget about how pretty the accom looks when you meet new people and start making friends.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending