The Student Room Group

Girls, answer this poll about attractiveness of muscles in males

Scroll to see replies

A tiny bit of muscle is nice and attractive. I find body builder types utterly repulsive.

On the other hand, my crush doesn't lift or do any exercise at all and I still fancy him like mad:lovedup:
Reply 61
As long as he knows HOW to pump the right muscle, the bigger the better.

And don't worry Maid Marian, just cause you can't see it, doesn't mean it's not there.:wink:
Reply 62
Original post by htc one s
what if your sole aim in life was to have sex with as many women as possible?

One with such an aim is a waste of carbon!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by htc one s
What do you mean?

Because of how good their bodies look haha
I like neither skinny nor 'rugby player'. There's lots of room in between these options; I's say a happy medium was best, let's say 'defined'.
I know some people just take any slim size to be 'skinny', regardless of muscle definition, however I class skinny as having a flat, slim stomach with no muscle or definition.
What about guys who are muscular but still quite skinny? I'm thinking marathon runners here. :lol:

That sounds so insensitive after what just happened in Boston. I'm sorry if I offended anyone, I don't mean it like that, I just mean guys who are quite fit but still slim, I don't really go for very obvious muscles.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
Haha, awesome comment! I see some lady-negs. Clearly they don't like equality of the sexes when it comes to sex.

All my male friends are like "Lolwut? A girl buying me a drink? No way, I'd feel awkward. That's the lads job." I personally wouldn't mind doing it if I thought they wouldn't feel emasculated or whatever :rolleyes: That said, they have no problem with me getting them a drink if they're skint and I'm going to the bar. I just make them buy me one the next time we go out though, it balances out :lol:
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Voltozonic
That just backs up my claims.

Your guy friends consider being bought a drink by a girl emasculating ? That's ridiculous and exactly my point.. Guys are so paranoid about being seen as unmanly all of the time and it just indicates insecurity. They don't see how it works against them either - They themselves set the stereotypes that they have to make 95% of the effort to get girls and then moan when they don't pull or get any interest. If more and more males starting seeing a bit of self-worth and realised that women should just as equally make the effort with them, then this whole stupid lad culture crap would ease away.

I'm personally not insecure for a guy. I'm happy with the way I look and i'm fair to both genders. I don't look at women as objects to be "pulled" and I'll have a normal conversation with them without every sentence I say being some sarcastic remark of utter stubborness to assert my dominance.

If i see a girl that i'm fond of then of course it works both ways and i'd buy them the drink. But if a girl comes up to me and expects me to make the effort.. then i'll walk away because to me it seems illogical that I make the effort because someone else is keen.

I blame my fellow males more than anything. The second males hit adolescence life becomes one big competition to be with as many girls as possible to show their other male friends how much of a lad they are. It's pathetic.

I myself fit into one of those unusual males that doesn't need approval from women to be confident. I'm happy with the way I am, i've never had any problems with it - your friends seem like typical males created by our society who have been brought up to believe their soul purpose in life is to impress girls for their confidence and anything deemed as slightly emasculating and they won't touch it.

Tell them to pull their heads out of their arses and start being confident with themselves.

Exactly. And my female friends are like "What?! Asking a guy out? NEVER!" Well, seeing as I have a tendency nowadays to like guys who aren't interested or if they are, won't make the first move, I've got to at least make the attempt if I want anything to happen. :lol: It's the 21st century, we need to stop thinking that something is a man's role or a woman's role. With the exception of physically giving birth.
Reply 68
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Exactly. And my female friends are like "What?! Asking a guy out? NEVER!" Well, seeing as I have a tendency nowadays to like guys who aren't interested or if they are, won't make the first move, I've got to at least make the attempt if I want anything to happen. :lol: It's the 21st century, we need to stop thinking that something is a man's role or a woman's role. With the exception of physically giving birth.

with surgery males can give birth through their arse
Original post by Voltozonic
Hit the nail on the head - I don't think i could put it any simpler.

Have some rep.

Oh and ignore the "htc" dude below you. I've dealt with him before the guy's basically a lad who thinks he's hilarious.

Why thank you *bows*

Haha, it's fine, I've been on TSR long enough to know what to do. :lol:
Reply 70
Physique is not the thing I look for most; they just have to be healthy.
I'm more attracted to their sense of style / facial features and obviously personality! :smile:
Reply 71
Yes to an extent, I wouldn't want anything major, but someone who keeps fit is attractive. You must remember physical attraction isn't the be all and end all of relationships

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending