The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jimbo1234
:facepalm2:
Yet again, you need to explain yourself rather than ranting as what you said makes no sense. What does getting drunk, sex, football, and games have in common? Erm, not much...so how are you calling them all hobbies?
Oh, because you didn't get that dictionary that I suggest you get :dunce:

They are all fun and people enjoy them? Doesn't make them a hobby though... I will agree football is a hobby if someone plays it regularly

Dodging the question. Why? Oh, because you know you'll prove me right.

How will I be proving you right, if I tell you where I live? I know where I live... You are claiming you know where that is... Yet you are the one who hasn't told me where this mystical place is :eek:

...because?
Again, need to do something called explaining yourself.

Just because they have a crap upbringing it doesn't stop them from going out and joining in with things... Now you explain why having a crap upbringing means you can't have hobbies :smile:

:rolleyes: Again, avoid the question, come back defensive etc. You clearly do live somewhere privileged and are young, thus most likely naive and ignorant due to age, but damn, you sure do think you are right don't you. Why?

I may be young but that does not make me naive... "live somewhere privileged" yes... I live in England, we are not a third world country

Oh, and you are either lying or purposefully being mislead:

So you have only just started going but think you know everything about them? Oh I see what is going on here. You would argue with your Einstein about physics as you know best right?

You are just hilarious... I joined the gym a month ago, before then I only attended fitness classes weekly. My friends on the other hand, have been members for the past year.
Common sense
Logic
Rationality
Driving skills
Maths
Philosophy
Science
Working hard
Sports
Hobbies
:awesome:

EDIT: Seems like a sense of humour is another one to add to the list.

Oh waw... I found your original quote :smile: amazing...
I'm just gunna jump straight to the ones I like, because I am tired and don't want to waste my time on here much longer (hold on... Is that me being logical and rational?!)

Driving skills: None of the girls I know have crashed; several of the guys I know have.

Maths: I love maths, got a B in A level, also, ever watched countdown?

Philosophy: I'm just gunna give this one to you, purely cos I know nothing about philosophy

Science: I got B's in A level Biology and Chemistry... I loooove Chemistry... Both my biology and Chemistry classes at school where 50% guys, and 50% girls... And I went to a boys school (was mixed sixth form, but there were 75% guys, 25% girls)

Working Hard: I work hard to get places. All the guys I know complain about work and would happily not work if it was socially accepted.

Sports: I play netball and badminton... Alot of girls play netball...

Hobbies: Yeah, we have spoke about this

Sense of humour: AHAHAHAA
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Some guys do. I'm just going on my own experience, quite a few of my friends have guys staring at their boobs constantly and I used to have idiots making comments about mine which was extremely daft because they're not in any way remarkable. But I just haven't noticed women making a big deal about guys and I certainly don't see anyone staring at a guys crotch. I definitely don't. Unless you're David Bowie in Labyrinth (those trousers were far too tight, it's awkward), you don't notice as a rule.

Or possibly larger than other guys "in the trouser department"? On a related topic I'm going to try to find some decent trousers next time I go shopping. The ones I own all feel too tight when they're done up properly, have crappy pockets(I always get holes in the left pocket). They're the right size for my waist but not in other areas.
Original post by Lala_1234
They are all fun and people enjoy them? Doesn't make them a hobby though... I will agree football is a hobby if someone plays it regularly

:facepalm:
Get a dictionary dear. Now look for the word hobby. Now notice how you have to learn something and gain skill/knowledge in it.
Now why did I have to spell that out for you? Maybe there are some more things I missed from my list eg. reading and following simple instructions.

How will I be proving you right, if I tell you where I live? I know where I live... You are claiming you know where that is... Yet you are the one who hasn't told me where this mystical place is :eek:

So you're not even keeping up with this conversation are you? Do you remember why I asked where you lived/claimed I knew where you lived? :curious:

Just because they have a crap upbringing it doesn't stop them from going out and joining in with things... Now you explain why having a crap upbringing means you can't have hobbies :smile:

Hobbies need money and motivation, something poorer parents tend to lack.

I may be young but that does not make me naive... "live somewhere privileged" yes... I live in England, we are not a third world country

Well if you are young, you will be naive.....it's kind of intrinsic.

You are just hilarious... I joined the gym a month ago, before then I only attended fitness classes weekly. My friends on the other hand, have been members for the past year.

Oh wow! A month and your friends for almost a year! :eek: Hang on, I and my friends have been going for 6+ years. Oops :biggrin:
:facepalm:
Get a dictionary dear. Now look for the word hobby. Now notice how you have to learn something and gain skill/knowledge in it.
Now why did I have to spell that out for you? Maybe there are some more things I missed from my list eg. reading and following simple instructions.

Hobby: an activity someone does for pleasure when they are not working.
There you go Hun, that's what my dictionary says, so sex can be included?

So you're not even keeping up with this conversation are you? Do you remember why I asked where you lived/claimed I knew where you lived? :curious:

Because you are claiming I live in a privileged area...

Hobbies need money and motivation, something poorer parents tend to lack.

Nothing to do with gender then?

Well if you are young, you will be naive.....it's kind of intrinsic.

No... No it's not. And it depends what age you count as young anyway. I am a very open minded person, and I will happy admit when I know I am wrong... Which is why I'm still debating with you here, because you are the narrow minded person who is truly naive (I mean, you really think men are far superior then women don't you?)

Oh wow! A month and your friends for almost a year! :eek: Hang on, I and my friends have been going for 6+ years. Oops :biggrin:

Oh my gosh?! Really?! I didn't know you needed to go to the gym for 6+ years to know what genders attend the gym more...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Unless you're David Bowie in Labyrinth (those trousers were far too tight, it's awkward), you don't notice as a rule.

Can you call them trousers? Looked more like tights to me.

Oh God... I need to go watch the Labryinth now. I love the little worm!
Reply 626
Original post by AmyAquarius

Do you mean the Jim Henson puppet or is that your pet name for Bowie's trouser-bulge? ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by HmMusic
Do you mean the Jim Henson puppet or is that your pet name for Bowie's trouser-bulge? ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

Wow, how did I not notice this awful innuendo when I was wrote that??

I meant the worm that lives in the wall with a scarf on! haha.
Original post by Lala_1234
Hobby: an activity someone does for pleasure when they are not working.
There you go Hun, that's what my dictionary says, so sex can be included?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hobby
By your definition, taking a piss when you need would be a hobby :redface:

Because you are claiming I live in a privileged area...

Well? Do you? Don't reply if you won't answer this.

Nothing to do with gender then?

Theoretically no. In reality, yes.

No... No it's not. And it depends what age you count as young anyway. I am a very open minded person, and I will happy admit when I know I am wrong... Which is why I'm still debating with you here, because you are the narrow minded person who is truly naive (I mean, you really think men are far superior then women don't you?)

You don't show how you are not naive at all, you just spout liberal nonsense about being open minded. This only reinforces what I said.
I have met more men that impress me than women, however that is 100% due to cultural problems within the UK raising women to be boring and dependent on having a boyfriend.

Oh my gosh?! Really?! I didn't know you needed to go to the gym for 6+ years to know what genders attend the gym more...

You kind of do.....:facepalm2: You would realise you see a massive variation throughout the months due to new years resolutions, holidays, summer etc. Arguing with someone who you know has more experience than you just makes you look really bad and ironically, close minded as it begs the question; what would it take for you to change your mind? If someone with more experience than you is not enough, than what is? :confused:
Why?
And you are fitting my theory pretty well so far and many are also coming across as terribly naive/ignorant or think that I was not generalising.

Because I happen to be the sort of person who is incredibly interested by new things, and it's physically impossible to do all the things I want to do at once, so if I find something new that I haven't done yet and I want to try, I'll eventually drop something else to make time for it. Your theory is that girls don't have hobbies, why does the fact that my hobbies change regularly negate the fact that I have them? I don't think anyone who knows me would say I don't have hobbies.
Original post by alexs2602
Or possibly larger than other guys "in the trouser department"? On a related topic I'm going to try to find some decent trousers next time I go shopping. The ones I own all feel too tight when they're done up properly, have crappy pockets(I always get holes in the left pocket). They're the right size for my waist but not in other areas.

True. Apparently they tried to make it look smaller and it didn't work. :tongue: Oh dear. Trousers should be comfortable. Ahhh, the waist problem! If trousers fit your waist they never fit you everywhere else. Universal issue I think.
Original post by AmyAquarius

Yeah, they are basically tights really, aren't they? :lol:

Haha, me too. My friend came up with a drinking game to drink every time something unusual happens in a film. I've told her we should watch Labyrinth, she's never seen it...*tehehehe* I love the little fox. I've forgotten his name!!! Need to rewatch it so I can remember.
Yeah, they are basically tights really, aren't they? :lol:

Haha, me too. My friend came up with a drinking game to drink every time something unusual happens in a film. I've told her we should watch Labyrinth, she's never seen it...*tehehehe* I love the little fox. I've forgotten his name!!! Need to rewatch it so I can remember.

omg yeah the fox! and his dog! AMBROCIOUS! LOL
Original post by Rybee
I'd say for men it has to be the unwritten rule of who uses what urinal in the toilets.

A very quick explanation of urinal etiquette:

If somebody is using a urinal on the left (person 1), you must use the urinal that is the furthest away on the right (person 2). The next person should then use the middle urinal (person 3).

If a fourth person comes in and wants to go to the 2nd urinal in between urinals 1 and 3 (occupied by person 1 and 3) then they must resort to using cubicle, without making it obvious they they never intended to use the cubicle. They must make it quite clear to all men in the toilet, that they wished to use the cubicle from the moment they stepped in the toilet. However, if the cubicle is not free then they must wait for either person 1,2 or 3 to shake out and step down and take their place. NOT another one such as urinal 2 or 4, as this will be directly next to person 1, 2 or 3. If they were to do this, then when person 5 walks in, they will not be able to use urinal 3 or 4, since they will be peeing directly next to the person in urinals 2 or 5.

Or, they must wait for the cubicle to become free.

You must also look at the wall directly in front of you, as if you're examining it for cracks. You must only look down when you've stopped urinating and have progressed onto the shake. Too much shaking is forbidden, that's a sign of masturbation.

Although peeking is not strictly forbidden, it is definitely forbidden to get caught peeking. Us males have to 'size up' the competition so peeking will always happen. Even if you think that you did not get peeking at somebody who is very well endowed, he WILL know that you've peeked. When you walk past, you'll give each other 'the nod'. This is his way of saying 'look mate, I know you peeked - you know what I'm packing, so let's mention no more on this topic'.

Alternatively, you can walk out and say to your mates 'oh my god I was standing at the urinals and this dude just came in and peed right next to me, he had the smallest knob too, he was pretty much peeing in my urinal, I didn't peek but he was just so close. Look, that's him there' (then point to the guy) This puts you at a higher level in status of being an Alpha Male, but you do risk being confronted about making these claims.

Nonsense. If you have to use orinal 2 and orinals 1 and 3 are occupied you use orinal 2. Cubicles are for ****ting. Man up.:rolleyes:
Also, peeking? Why would you want to peek? Is there something you want to see? :sexface:
Reply 634
That girls have faked an orgasm more often than they might think
Because I happen to be the sort of person who is incredibly interested by new things, and it's physically impossible to do all the things I want to do at once, so if I find something new that I haven't done yet and I want to try, I'll eventually drop something else to make time for it. Your theory is that girls don't have hobbies, why does the fact that my hobbies change regularly negate the fact that I have them? I don't think anyone who knows me would say I don't have hobbies.

I would beg to differ. You find things interesting as you know little about them thus your interest has nothing to do with the hobby itself, but simply your lack of knowledge and experience. This is why you don't keep them on as the drive to do the hobby diminishes quickly. This would greatly limit your experience in that hobby, so much so that some would argue that you did not truly partake in that hobby, nor had it as a real hobby as you have to gain some skill and experience in that area to really call it a hobby. If you keep swapping and changing, then your skill and experience will be very limited.
Reply 636
Men fake their orgasms.
Original post by piya21
And yet people use "get some balls" and "stop being such a p***y" with what turns out to be the totally wrong meanings!

Haha pretty stupid if you think about it that 'being a pussy' means being scared because you are a woman. Doesn't really make much sense.
Can I just ask girls why does the word (not sure if it will be censored..) G to the A to the S to the H... offend girls so much. I don't personally use this word as it is really sad etc... But, if a girl said 'oh yeah I wanna get some cock tonight' - which tbh I could never imagine a girl saying - it wouldn't bother me at all.
Original post by deathhead
Can I just ask girls why does the word (not sure if it will be censored..) G to the A to the S to the H... offend girls so much. I don't personally use this word as it is really sad etc... But, if a girl said 'oh yeah I wanna get some cock tonight' - which tbh I could never imagine a girl saying - it wouldn't bother me at all.

It doesn't offend me, but the word doesn't exactly sound pleasant :lol:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest