The Student Room Group

Incredibly fat face after losing weight - advice?

Hello.

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year. However, my face has virtually remained the same size and shape. I've noticed minor improvements in this area but there's virtually no fat loss on the jaw and cheek area which makes me look very young (and also fat)) and people stare at me all of the time too. I know there's no such thing as spot reduction. Maybe I should cut right down (which will decrease the size of my face) then build up with muscle. I know I'm ugly and **** etc.. But I want to lift to be healthy because my Dr said I should I need to lose weight
Here's the pic of my face:

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Use a hacksaw
Reply 2
Original post by anon117
Use a hacksaw

I thought about using sand paper before. But that's a new one. I'll give you that!
Firstly re-post the links properly. Atm, I copied and pasted them then added www. myself in order to view them!

I think your face is a little more relatively fat than the rest of you, but no more than that. Overall - you could still be a lot leaner. Yes cutting right down and building up more muscle will (probably) slim your face and improve your physique by a lot. Even losing weight alone will be a good thing to do.

That said, please don't describe yourself as ugly! You're a reasonably attractive bloke right now, you could improve but if you don't do anything you still won't be "ugly".

Lastly, you look quite young still. Some young men just have that slight baby-faced look up until their early to mid twenties, when their ace naturally becomes more lean (providing they aren't overweight). It's part of how your face matures. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Lose a bit of weight, work on your physique, bide a little time, gather a little confidence - and you'll be hot stuff.

Source: a girl.
Reply 4
Have you not tried to speak to your doctor about this? The only thing I can think of, from the top of my head, would be to exercise more.

A closer picture showing your head and torso would be better, to see just how much bigger your face is in comparison to the rest of your body.
Reply 5
Aw, you look fine already!

Some people have naturally round faces; you don't even have a double chin!

To tone up the torso a bit, some press-ups and sit-ups each morning would do the trick, but looks to me as if you really have little to worry about :wink:
Reply 6
Original post by Anonymous
Firstly re-post the links properly. Atm, I copied and pasted them then added www. myself in order to view them!

I think your face is a little more relatively fat than the rest of you, but no more than that. Overall - you could still be a lot leaner. Yes cutting right down and building up more muscle will (probably) slim your face and improve your physique by a lot. Even losing weight alone will be a good thing to do.

That said, please don't describe yourself as ugly! You're a reasonably attractive bloke right now, you could improve but if you don't do anything you still won't be "ugly".

Lastly, you look quite young still. Some young men just have that slight baby-faced look up until their early to mid twenties, when their ace naturally becomes more lean (providing they aren't overweight). It's part of how your face matures. So I wouldn't worry about it too much. Lose a bit of weight, work on your physique, bide a little time, gather a little confidence - and you'll be hot stuff.

Source: a girl.

Thanks but I'm not doing this to be 'hot stuff'. I'm doing this to be healthy and increase my personal well being. I've been overweight all of my life (not by huge amounts) but enough for it to have a lasting impact on my overall appearance. I used to be 20 stone. I'm now 13 stone. So already, I've lost so much, just not much on my face. That will come in time, if I keep at it (I hope). However, if it doesn't, then so be it.

As I said, I'm losing weight to be healthy. I'm becoming more active by going swimming etc. (something which I would never have done before).
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by TheMan100
Have you not tried to speak to your doctor about this? The only thing I can think of, from the top of my head, would be to exercise more.

A closer picture showing your head and torso would be better, to see just how much bigger your face is in comparison to the rest of your body.

It's the bottom half of my face that's the problem due to being overweight all of my life, it's difficult to shift the excess fat there.
Reply 8
Original post by uthred50
Aw, you look fine already!

Some people have naturally round faces; you don't even have a double chin!

To tone up the torso a bit, some press-ups and sit-ups each morning would do the trick, but looks to me as if you really have little to worry about :wink:

Thanks for your reassuring reply. I do actually have a double chin. The problem is because I've been overweight all of my life (this is important), it's had a lasting affect that's difficult to shift. Although I've 7 stone lighter, It's difficult to see the results until my skins tightens around my face and body in general. Which will come in time, diet and exercise.
Reply 9
Original post by Weightloss
Thanks for your reassuring reply. I do actually have a double chin. The problem is because I've been overweight all of my life (this is important), it's had a lasting affect that's difficult to shift. Although I've 7 stone lighter, It's difficult to see the results until my skins tightens around my face and body in general. Which will come in time, diet and exercise.

You've achieved a great amount already, and you should be proud :smile:

Just carry on doing what you're doing, and forget this notion that you have an 'incredibly fat face' already :rolleyes:
Dam this is like me I've also lost ~7 stone yet my face is still chubby.

I actually went as low as 10 1/2 stone at 6ft so pretty skinny, and still had a double chin.
Reply 11
Drink water/reduce sugars salts eating to much can cause a puffy face.
Chew gum constantly strengthens facial muscles.
Eat a lowcarb highprotein diet for a while and start lifting your see some noob gains fast and then raise your carbs when you have reached your goalweight and increase cardio.
Reply 12
keep losing weight, it will gradually come off your face as your body uses up fat for energy. Genetics determine where the fat is taken from first and its different for everyone but the face is usually the first where it goes from/.
Reply 13
Original post by After7
keep losing weight, it will gradually come off your face as your body uses up fat for energy. Genetics determine where the fat is taken from first and its different for everyone but the face is usually the first where it goes from/.

This. You just need to keep at it for a little bit longer. Some people (including myself) lose fat on their faces and lower stomach last and the only way to get rid of it once and for all is to strip down completely and then build up cleanly from there - IF you want to put muscle on.

Also keep your sodium levels down because consuming just one very salty meal like a Chinese takeaway can cause you to bloat and retain a few pounds of water for 2-4 days. Don't get me wrong, it's not fat - only water weight. But if you want to achieve a leaner look, cutting sodium is a very good trick and also much healthier for you. I'd recommend no more than 2000mg per day.
Reply 14
Original post by Weightloss

I've lost quite a bit of weight this year. However, my face has virtually remained the same size and shape. I've noticed minor improvements in this area but there's virtually no fat loss on the jaw and cheek area which makes me look very young (and also fat)) and people stare at me all of the time too. I know there's no such thing as spot reduction. Maybe I should cut right down (which will decrease the size of my face) then build up with muscle. I know I'm ugly and **** etc.. But I want to lift to be healthy because my Dr said I should I need to lose weight

I can guarantee that people don't stare at you all of the time - it is just your own perception. You just need to build up some self-confidence.
Have you tried "firming lotion" or anything like that, generally its made for people with older skin that's starting to sag, but it works a bit like those cellulite massagers - by rubbing it in on a regular basis its meant to break down the fat under the surface of the skin, and make it smoother and less puffy. You can even get "face lift" lotions that are supposedly pretty good for that kind of thing, but brands like Clinique are really pricey, so you might want to look for cheaper alternatives. Soap and Glory is a nice brand that's not too expensive, I use their face scrubs which are really nice on the skin and their cellulite cream for legs is really effective too. They smell really good and I think they even do a "for men" line too - although if you're doing it in the privacy of your own home, I'm sure nobody will notice if you use the girly ones! :wink:

Other than that, eating lots of vegetables and drinking lots of water is obviously good for your health regardless, but I find if I'm dehydrated or eat a lot of fatty and salty foods then my face looks noticeably flabbier and puffy, so introducing more of that into your diet might help.

Otherwise though I think you look fine, remember nobody is perfect and the baby-face look is in for guys at the moment (James Arthur seems to get all the ladies!) so don't let it get you down :smile:
Reply 16
Keep losing weight, build some muscle to become lean.
Reply 17
Having a little face fat is probably not representative of your overall health if you have indeed lost 7 stone, additionally looking young can be an advantage and on top of that in my experience women care more about being fat than how your face looks.
(I actually think you look alright - though I quite like men with more 'fat faces' rather than 'lean faces' I guess)
Reply 19
you look fine. good looking lad no homo

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending