The Student Room Group

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead

A car chase and shootout with grenades (which is not confirmed to be connected) quickly ensued after the MIT shooting - Updates below...

Live Video - Car-Jacking/Shootout/Explosives

*Suspect in relation to MIT shooting still said to be at large*
- Several crime scenes
- General widespread confusion amongst LEOs
- Multiple jacked cars

- Soldiers are patrolling the incident area of Watertown
- Suspects ARE Boston Bombings Suspects
- Suspects are originally from Chechyna, Russia.
- Suspects are brothers
- When apprehended by an MIT cop, suspect shot and killed cop and proceeded in getaway car; confusion thereafter; shootouts with police ensued, with suspects throwing explosives out of the car at police.
- 1 suspect now dead.
- 2nd suspect still ON THE RUN.

Boston Bombings Suspect Hunt: Live Updates

The hunt is on for the second of two men wanted over the Boston Marathon bombings after a shooting at a Massachusetts university.

Boston Marathon Bombings Terror Suspect Hunt

Shots ring out in Watertown as police hunt the surviving suspect believed to have carried out the Boston Marathon terror attack.

Armed police are hunting one of two men thought to be behind the Boston Marathon bombings, after shooting dead his alleged accomplice.Described as "armed and dangerous", 19-year-old Dzhokhar A Tsarnaev is being sought by hundreds of officers in Watertown, after escaping the shoot-out in which his 26-year-old brother Tamerlan Tsarnaev was killed....

....All public transport remains suspended in Boston - and all streets and businesses in Watertown locked down - while a major house-to-house manhunt continues for the suspect who escaped.

The shoot-out in the residential suburb of Watertown between both suspects and dozens of armed officers came after Sean Collier, a 26-year-old campus policeman, was shot dead in his vehicle at the nearby Massachusetts Institute Of Technology.

The suspects are believed to have killed the MIT campus policeman before carjacking a black Mercedes SUV, taking its owner hostage and driving off towards Watertown with police in pursuit.

On their way, the hostage was dumped at a petrol station after around 30 minutes, before the shootout ensued in Watertown.....

***EDIT:

This has been confirmed. The suspects of the MIT shooting are the same suspects in the Watertown shootouts who are the same suspects as the Boston Marathon bombings suspects - in short, all 3 events are connected with the same 2 suspects.

- Both suspects are brothers.
- The older brother is dead.
- The younger brother is at large with a "possible suicide vest" and several devices.
- 60/70 year old suspect (another suspect [3rd] :shock:) has been arrested; with a "dead man's switch" in hand with devices.
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
The MIT police have not said anything about the shooter being connected to the marathon bombings. It's possible, but it seems it's just the media conjuring up dramatic story.
Photo of the scene:

***Warning - Graphic***

Spoiler

(edited 11 years ago)
Why on Earth hasn't national (US) news picked this up - only local right now! :shock:
Reply 4
You go, humanity.
Reply 5
one of the two suspects is in custody now. Don't know how they got them though.
Homeland Security is on-site.
Original post by LLion
one of the two suspects is in custody now. Don't know how they got them though.

It's pretty weird - the officers sounds really, really confused...
Local media is also wondering why they're the only media on-site - "Cambridge is a ghost-town"...

Live Video
(edited 11 years ago)
They're now going to block cell phone communications in the area...
Reply 11
Original post by HumanSupremacist
It's pretty weird - the officers sounds really, really confused...

Seeing as they were getting shot at and having grenades thrown at them, I'm not surprised that they're a bit dazed.
LLion
x

Yep it was crazy and now they've ordered cell phones down:

"Cell phones have been ordered off for police and media because of *undetonated explosives*"

Live Video
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 13
Second suspect is in custody now. I hope it's all over...
Original post by LLion
Second suspect is in custody now. I hope it's all over...

Yep, they've got the suspects now. But now they've got lots of LEOs down there now, DHS, FBI etc - due to possible "explosives".... - most have left the vicinity of the MIT campus and gone towards the shooting scene. I do hope that wasn't the motive... :frown:
(edited 11 years ago)
If these suspects aren't the Boston bombers themselves, they must surely be related to the bombers - they had IEDs, grenades and rifles!
Reply 16
Oops. Looks like the identity of the second person was mistaken. They're assuming there's another shooter roaming about. :s-smilie:
Reply 17
Original post by HumanSupremacist
If these suspects aren't the Boston bombers themselves, they must surely be related to the bombers - they had IEDs, grenades and rifles!

Potentially. I think it's a good idea not to jump to conclusions. As much as I hope they are connected (as I'd like to be able to leave home without worrying about being blown up on the subway) I don't want to have rumor like that circulated around.
Original post by LLion
Potentially. I think it's a good idea not to jump to conclusions. As much as I hope they are connected (as I'd like to be able to leave home without worrying about being blown up on the subway) I don't want to have rumor like that circulated around.

I agree now. I've edited the OP and thread title to reflect this.

Original post by LLion
Oops. Looks like the identity of the second person was mistaken. They're assuming there's another shooter roaming about. :s-smilie:

And they're still looking for an SUV!

Soldiers are also patrolling in the incident area in Watertown.
This isn't ANYWHERE on the BBC website yet. I'm going to have to start looking for alternative sources =\

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending