The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Jordan-James
So you're left wing , but agree with EDL/BNP style views?

What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
What are you blathering on about? I believe in secular humanism and Western democracy, and vigorously oppose beardy sky man adherents who go around bombing people, chopping off heads and generally killing anyone who looks a bit gay.

Nice to see you're so enamoured with theocratic fascists.

Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American .
Original post by democracyforum
Let’s hope the Boston Marathon bomber is a white American .

Sincerely doubt it from the pictures, unless he had an inferiority complex and turned coloured overnight, before doing it. Either way, he is as Islamic as you can get from the pictures and you can see how the media has already pretty much leaked info to the public and it has caused an outcry.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-us-canada-22191030

http://espn.go.com/boston/story/_/id/9187718/boston-marathon-bombings-fbi-releases-photos-marathon-suspects
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by G8D
It's not fair for an entire set of people to be treated negatively as a result of this thing. Americans are far too emotional.

How can you call losing limbs at a charity based marathon emotional, those people were there to help others. You don't see many marathons in Islamic countries do you? Look at the benefits of those running in that marathon were trying to share with the less fortunate. I hope Obama invokes some sort of retribution....
Reply 624
Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.
Original post by 2ndClass
Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.

Survival of the fittest....either way....there will be retaliation and there isn't anything wrong with it. I hope they retaliate 10 fold, its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days.

"We're Bostonians - we mourn with the city" - Imam William Webb. I don't know what he has been smoking, but he's just making sure he doesn't get his head kicked in.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 626
Original post by SloaneRanger
Survival of the fittest....either way....there will be retaliation and there isn't anything wrong with it. I hope they retaliate 10 fold, its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days.

"We're Bostonians - we mourn with the city" - Imam William Webb. I don't know what he has been smoking, but he's just making sure he doesn't get his head kicked in.

Well there lies the difference between me and you. You're evidently a manical sociopath that enjoys the deaths of Muslims and actually salivate at the prospect of them being bombed "ten fold" and then say "its incredibly sad to watch some of the news broadcasts over the past few days"

you must be a retard.
Meh, Americans and westerners in general seem to think their lives are more valuable

Isn't the point that they're more valuable to us? That is, being of and from our culture and from the same country/s? Or are you not one of us?

than those they blow up and maim on a weekly basis.

They still haven't seemed to have figured out that a pound of American or European flesh will translate to a ton of their own.

It seems the United States and Europe is teaching them in quite a simple, Pavlovian manner. "If you hurt us, we hurt you more". These third world people seem to be slow learners
(edited 11 years ago)
Well there lies the difference between me and you. You're evidently a manical sociopath that enjoys the deaths of Muslims

What you accuse Sloane of, sociopathy, is I suspect something you yourself suffer. You can rationalise any atrocity, any outrage, any crime, as long as it's against Westerners.

You hypocrite

(It is particularly ironic because one of the people killed in the bombing was a Chinese citizen, just minding her own business and partaking in the fruit of western civilisation. But I suppose anyone is fair game for you if they're consorting with the great satan.... right?

We know that deep down, what you're really saying is "America deserved this")
(edited 11 years ago)
Wrong, and its still terrible logic even it were true.
Original post by G8D
Shooting/shootout at MIT. Unconfirmed as to whether the shooter is connected to the bombing.

Apparently explosives have been used, be that IED or grenade :iiam:
I think they might have the guy.

...Naked.

One horrific event every day this week in America. Still no suggestion of an actual link from the media. I'm not really sure what to think myself.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 631
Just come across this

https://twitter.com/NBCNews/status/325146478572105728

Seems like whatever is going on right now , they are using the same type of explosive device that was used at the marathon on monday in Boston.
Reply 632
http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/19/boston-mit-police-dead-watertown

Crazy.

The guy in the video doesn't look very muslim if you ask me...
Reply 633
Based on the name (Tripathi), then he's Hindu.

Although I feel this has little to do with religion
(edited 11 years ago)
Suspect 2 is the guy left on the run. He is called Sunil Tripathi. He has chronic untreated depression, and has been missing since March.

http://news.gather.com/viewArticle.action?articleId=281474981864024
So confusing, so there is 1 guy dead, 1 guy on the loose, and 1 guy who was arrested naked, and no one knows which if any are connected.
Original post by doggyfizzel
So confusing, so there is 1 guy dead, 1 guy on the loose, and 1 guy who was arrested naked, and no one knows which if any are connected.

There is one suspect on the loose from today's events and they think it is the same guy who is suspected in the Boston bombings, based on his white cap I think.

The first suspect in both the bombings and the shooting has been shot dead by the FBI, at the expense of one officer (maybe two).

I'm not quite sure what the nature of the shooting was today. Whether it was while catching them as a suspect of the Marathon bombings or whether it was coincidence.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 637
Original post by doggyfizzel

They've just confirmed they're all linked.

One bombing suspect still on the run.
Reply 638
wow, this is getting serious. no way the events are unconnected, too close together and apparently they used the same bombs. doesn't seem to be any particular pattern behind the targets, I am beginning to wonder if they actually have an agenda
Original post by lucaf
wow, this is getting serious. no way the events are unconnected, too close together and apparently they used the same bombs. doesn't seem to be any particular pattern behind the targets, I am beginning to wonder if they actually have an agenda

I agree. As they're saying on the BBC, they're just killing anyone and everyone by the looks of it. With one on the run, I will be amazed if there are no other victims.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending