The Student Room Group

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Inshallah. :rolleyes:
Original post by Am I Really Here
This isn't ANYWHERE on the BBC website yet. I'm going to have to start looking for alternative sources =\

Yes, I know - it's outrageous! The local media (on that live feed link I posted) is covering the entire situation from the MIT shooting to this current bizarre situation which involved armed men with grenades and devices! Even the local media was confused as to why they were the only media on the scene! :shock:
Reply 22
Sky News are covering it.
The CNN site has put the MIT shooting segment on the side in little caps (with the main focus of the site on the Boston suspects) - WTF?? We've got a major ongoing situation here with Homeland Security, FBI and even soldiers in Watertown and CNN aren't even interested!
Original post by RtGOAT
Sky News are covering it.

Yep, you're quite right. Other media were really late to the scene - only local media was on it since. :rolleyes:
Reply 25
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Yep, you're quite right. Other media were really late to the scene - only local media was on it since. :rolleyes:

tbf it is about 2am local.
Original post by RtGOAT
tbf it is about 2am local.

Doesn't matter. Media is a 24-hour business. No dilly-dallying about. If local media managed it, mass media should, especially when it's such a bizarre situation as this.
LLion
x

Do you live in the surrounding area? :holmes:
Reply 29
Shocking that explosives were being thrown from the suspect vehicle - even the news casters were incredulous and surprised. It's not something you see on the streets of America - more like something in a movie. Grenades chucked from a vehicle??
I saw this earlier and i am in disbelief that this is still going on. Humans at their finest once again

Many hours late at that. Local news has been on this for a few hours - local media even have a man down there.
Original post by Bluffroom
I saw this earlier and i am in disbelief that this is still going on. Humans at their finest once again

The speculation is rife. Some say it may not even be connected to the Boston incidents - that they police might have just stumbled upon some other unconnected terrorist cells.

Frankly, I'm shocked that they had ordinances, rifles, grenades chucked out of cars - local media is shocked and rightly so.

They also had armoured tanks at one point. Some soldiers were still around the incident scene in Watertown patrolling the area. They've got lots of agencies there as well.

I feel sorry for people living in the area - so many flashing lights and noise and lots of armed police with large guns...at 2am in the morning.
Reply 34
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Do you live in the surrounding area? :holmes:

I do. I live in Boston, but I've also lived in Cambridge. I spend a fair amount of time at MIT and personally know a lot of students. MIT has had several false threats/drills regarding gunmen recently, so at first I thought it was a false alarm -- I figured maybe someone accidentally blew a motor/battery/something related rather than there actually being gunshots.:frown:
Original post by LLion
I do. I live in Boston, but I've also lived in Cambridge. I spend a fair amount of time at MIT and personally know a lot of students. MIT has had several false threats/drills regarding gunmen recently, so at first I thought it was a false alarm -- I figured maybe someone accidentally blew a motor/battery/something related rather than there actually being gunshots.:frown:

Oh, that's too bad. Good luck and be safe.

Hopefully they've caught all of the suspects - even though the cops still seem to looking for something or someone; but the helicopter has landed due to bad weather.

This past week there have so many "false alarms" across the States and rightly so in the aftermath of the Boston incidents.

It's still quite confusing. None of the events (i.e. Boston incidents, MIT, Watertown car-jacking/shootout) could even be connected, but we don't know much yet.... :frown:

Keep safe, dude - must be worrying. :console:
Shootout:

[video="youtube;wSlRHJv1nnA"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wSlRHJv1nnA[/video]
Gosh, had robots at one point looking for those IEDs...
WCVB: "Stay inside; don't go outside. This is what the police are telling us to tell you."

Live Video
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 39
Here's my theory.

FBI release pictures of suspects, MIT cop identifies suspects, MIT cop is shot, suspects flee to Watertown.

Complete speculation on my part though.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending