The Student Room Group

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Oh, that's too bad. Good luck and be safe.

Hopefully they've caught all of the suspects - even though the cops still seem to looking for something or someone; but the helicopter has landed due to bad weather.

This past week there have so many "false alarms" across the States and rightly so in the aftermath of the Boston incidents.

It's still quite confusing. None of the events (i.e. Boston incidents, MIT, Watertown car-jacking/shootout) could even be connected, but we don't know much yet.... :frown:

Keep safe, dude - must be worrying. :console:

I sure hope so. Yeah, so many warnings of "suspicious packages" on campuses and in stations. I'm hoping that it'll all be sorted out in the next couple days.

Thanks. I'm in a pretty safe area, away from downtown Boston. With it getting so close to where many of my friends are, I'm not sure I can even sleep. :s-smilie:
WCVB: "The MIT shooting and the Watertown incidents are connected. The Police have confirmed."

Live Video
Reply 42
Original post by RtGOAT
Here's my theory.

FBI release pictures of suspects, MIT cop identifies suspects, MIT cop is shot, suspects flee to Watertown.

Complete speculation on my part though.

It does seem like that could be the case. The police are describing the other suspect as one of the FBI's suspected marathon bombers...
Original post by LLion
I sure hope so. Yeah, so many warnings of "suspicious packages" on campuses and in stations. I'm hoping that it'll all be sorted out in the next couple days.

Thanks. I'm in a pretty safe area, away from downtown Boston. With it getting so close to where many of my friends are, I'm not sure I can even sleep. :s-smilie:

Yeah, I really don't know what vendetta they have with Boston - it's terrible. Hopefully most of those packages will be "false alarms".

I do hope that the current suspects are the suspects for the Boston bombings or at least connected so that they can clear up this situation.

And you're not the only one not able to sleep - lots of local residents were in contact with WCVB and were outside in the streets; clearly wide awake. Poor guys.
Front page of Boston Globe right now:

I really think that the Globe was far too quick to post this - it's really speculating; this isn't certain yet.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 45
Yeah, I really don't know what vendetta they have with Boston - it's terrible. Hopefully most of those packages will be "false alarms".

I do hope that the current suspects are the suspects for the Boston bombings or at least connected so that they can clear up this situation.

And you're not the only one not able to sleep - lots of local residents were in contact with WCVB and were outside in the streets; clearly wide awake. Poor guys.

I'm not sure if they even have a reason. I figure they would've made the reason clear around when the bombing occurred -- they may just be murdering people for the sake of causing harm to others. We'll only know the reason once they are caught, if they are.
It's like the apocalypse, man.
Original post by James A
It's like the apocalypse, man.

I know - I really don't like what I'm seeing. I don't like what's unfolding.

This past week, airport terminals have been evacuated, university campuses emptied and people just generally on edge due to "suspicious packages". All of these "false alarms" - I do feel for those affected by this. :sigh:
The speculation is rife. Some say it may not even be connected to the Boston incidents - that they police might have just stumbled upon some other unconnected terrorist cells.

Frankly, I'm shocked that they had ordinances, rifles, grenades chucked out of cars - local media is shocked and rightly so.

They also had armoured tanks at one point. Some soldiers were still around the incident scene in Watertown patrolling the area. They've got lots of agencies there as well.

I feel sorry for people living in the area - so many flashing lights and noise and lots of armed police with large guns...at 2am in the morning.

Even if these aren't connected this is some awfully grim stuff. This sort of stuff rarely happens and the fact some guys went trigger happy on a policeman and were bounding around grenades like no tomorrow is terrible, but also really weird at the same time. I'm just surprised there was no Virginia tech style uni attacks as there are two massively important and famous unis in the area.

Yeah the presence of fbi and soldiers in the area is crazy! But it's justified so fair enough.

Yeah it must be rubbish for people in Cambridge and Watertown with this all going down. Scary stuff.
Front page of Boston Globe right now:

I really think that the Globe was far too quick to post this - it's really speculating; this isn't certain yet.

Its not as bad as saying "WE GOT 'EM" like the sun would put on their front page. It says suspect so it still means the people in custody are possibly innocent. We don't know who is in custody though so like you said, just speculation until we know more.
Reply 50
Original post by Bluffroom
Even if these aren't connected this is some awfully grim stuff. This sort of stuff rarely happens and the fact some guys went trigger happy on a policeman and were bounding around grenades like no tomorrow is terrible, but also really weird at the same time. I'm just surprised there was no Virginia tech style uni attacks as there are two massively important and famous unis in the area.

Yeah the presence of fbi and soldiers in the area is crazy! But it's justified so fair enough.

Yeah it must be rubbish for people in Cambridge and Watertown with this all going down. Scary stuff.

Especially in Boston. There isn't much of a firearm culture here like there is in much of the U.S. Also, it's not a very big city. If someone really wants to commit terrorism against the U.S. they go to NYC, or Washington -- cities with greater political and economic significance, and population density.
I know - I really don't like what I'm seeing. I don't like what's unfolding.

This past week, airport terminals have been evacuated, university campuses emptied and people just generally on edge due to "suspicious packages". All of these "false alarms" - I do feel for those affected by this. :sigh:

Yeah, imagine if these things happened in the UK within a space of a week, :sigh:
Reply 52
Local news is reporting that the first suspect is dead.
Original post by LLion
Especially in Boston. There isn't much of a firearm culture here like there is in much of the U.S. Also, it's not a very big city. If someone really wants to commit terrorism against the U.S. they go to NYC, or Washington -- cities with greater political and economic significance, and population density.

Yeah it was really odd that attacked boston - but maybe they thought if its on tv it would get immediate attention.
I was surprised too because Massachusetts is a blue state and is very liberal so the whole gun thing is a lot less... existent.
Reply 54
Boston Police just confirmed that the first suspect is dead. MBTA (public transit) officer is also dead.
Reply 55
Original post by LLion
Boston Police just confirmed that the first suspect is dead. MBTA (public transit) officer is also dead.

Buried at sea next to his spiritual leader.
Reply 56
The local news are confirming that at least one of the men is a Boston Suspect, the other is still just alleged.

This is the kind of thing you see in films.
Reply 57
NBC reporter has said they were foreign and trained abroad.
Reply 58
There is no denying that the suspects are of a Middle - East decsent.
Why did Jack Bauer have to run away at the end of season 8? :frown:

Keep safe, dude - must be worrying. :console:

why? Assuming you live in the UK you shouldn't worry. Even if you were in the US, the chances of you being attacked are less than the chance of you being run over by a car, and we take that risk everyday.

I think you're just bored.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending