The Student Room Group

**AQA BUSS 2 4th June Revision thread**

Thought I would create a thread on the upcoming Business Studies Unit 2 exam for AQA. Created this thread mainly to exchange ideas and to help each other with topics.

Feel free to get started! :biggrin:

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
For starters, has anyone finished the unit?
Reply 2
I haven't finished all the topics, I've got like 2 or 3 left to do..
i dont know how im feeling about this exam as there are two case studies, anyone know what topics to expect or are likely of popping up? haha

i got a B in my BUSS1 and hoping to get a B/A overall in the course so need some good revision tips for this one!

NOT LONG TILL THE EXAM NOWW!!
Reply 3
Original post by imlolaa
I haven't finished all the topics, I've got like 2 or 3 left to do..
i dont know how im feeling about this exam as there are two case studies, anyone know what topics to expect or are likely of popping up? haha

i got a B in my BUSS1 and hoping to get a B/A overall in the course so need some good revision tips for this one!

NOT LONG TILL THE EXAM NOWW!!

Well done on the B! I got an A on the BUSS1 exam, I'm hoping to get an A overall. Making notes on the text book is good, though it might take you a while. It's vital that you get your technique right for this exam, that means referring to the case studies and having a chain of thought - you could have all the knowledge in the world and still do badly if you don't have the technique.

I'm personally doing notes from each chapter of the book in the form of bullet points. Doing past papers is more important though, mainly because understanding the technique of what the examiners want is the way to get the good grade.

How are you revising at the moment? :smile:

Good luck in your exams!!!! :biggrin:
Reply 4
Original post by LaughingGas
Well done on the B! I got an A on the BUSS1 exam, I'm hoping to get an A overall. Making notes on the text book is good, though it might take you a while. It's vital that you get your technique right for this exam, that means referring to the case studies and having a chain of thought - you could have all the knowledge in the world and still do badly if you don't have the technique.

I'm personally doing notes from each chapter of the book in the form of bullet points. Doing past papers is more important though, mainly because understanding the technique of what the examiners want is the way to get the good grade.

How are you revising at the moment? :smile:

Good luck in your exams!!!! :biggrin:

thank you and congratulations yourself!

I have a notepad with many many notes and all in the form of bulletpoint like you said. I also bought a BUSS2 mini revision guid which has lots of tips and all the info needed for the exam like the formulas etc and it was written by examiners so that should help. Doing past papers also really helps me :smile:

you thinking of going to uni or doing any business degrees?
Reply 5
Original post by imlolaa
thank you and congratulations yourself!

I have a notepad with many many notes and all in the form of bulletpoint like you said. I also bought a BUSS2 mini revision guid which has lots of tips and all the info needed for the exam like the formulas etc and it was written by examiners so that should help. Doing past papers also really helps me :smile:

you thinking of going to uni or doing any business degrees?

I'm half way through my notes for business, but today I sort of slacked didn't get much revision done today, only an hour and a half, I usually do two hours after school, but I did do some revision in my frees today which equates to about an hour.

I'm looking into it, it's either business or biology at uni for me haha :smile:

How far are you with your notes?
What are you looking into at uni if you're going? :biggrin:
Reply 6
Original post by LaughingGas
I'm half way through my notes for business, but today I sort of slacked didn't get much revision done today, only an hour and a half, I usually do two hours after school, but I did do some revision in my frees today which equates to about an hour.

I'm looking into it, it's either business or biology at uni for me haha :smile:

How far are you with your notes?
What are you looking into at uni if you're going? :biggrin:

you're doing so much revision compared to me! i need to get my head down to revise but i have a sociology exam coming up in 25 days which im not confident on so mainly focusing on that :afraid:

Ive done a load of revision cards for about 4 topics, didnt manage to finish them all ahh!
im going for business management/studies and looking at Aston, Reading, Surrey or Leicester unis :smile:
Reply 7
Original post by imlolaa
you're doing so much revision compared to me! i need to get my head down to revise but i have a sociology exam coming up in 25 days which im not confident on so mainly focusing on that :afraid:

Ive done a load of revision cards for about 4 topics, didnt manage to finish them all ahh!
im going for business management/studies and looking at Aston, Reading, Surrey or Leicester unis :smile:

I'm feeling that right now, I can't get my head down for business at the moment, because I'm on a long chapter which is taking forever!

Aston university is one I may go to, I also have in mind Portsmouth and University of Birmingham :smile:
Reply 8
Just started my revision for this business exam, I have to learn so much as my teacher havent covered half of the topics :confused: ....
Hi, my teacher for business is awful. Do have any tips as to how I can learn the whole of BUSS2 on my own?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Original post by Laughingalways
Hi, my teacher for business is awful. Do have any tips as to how I can learn the whole of BUSS2 on my own?

Posted from TSR Mobile

ahh that must suck, you can definitely get a good mark in BUSS2 with or without them!
make sure you do a lot of past papers, if your teacher doesnt give them to you then print them out. Once you do them give them to your teacher to mark, if they dont mark it then you can look at the mark scheme. Looking at the mark scheme is beneficial for you too as you can see what examiners are looking for.
Make sure you perfect your technique and read the questions carefully.
Most importantly, revise ALL the topics!
Finance
Management
Operations
People
(edited 11 years ago)
What is the technique that everyone is talking about my teacher hasn't mentioned anything about technique?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Does anybody have the BUSS2 jan 2013 Aqa questions ?
OMG yes does anyone have any questions for the BUSS2 exam that was taken in jan 2013. I have a really rubbish teacher. he just briefly goes over the topics! i need to start my revision asap! I got C for unit one (1 mark away from an A) and i was really gutted :frown: i want a B/A overall for AS! does anyone have any ways to write answers to bring them up to a A grade answer. Ive tried to work on my evaluation but i keep slacking on my application :frown:
*1 mark away from a B lol
I haven't even started revising for this yet :afraid: Been concentrating too much on my other subjects, how is everyone revising?
Reply 16
went to a university convention and the top 3 unis im my choices said i wouldnt get in the Business Management course at their uni because i dont have a B in GCSE maths! haha #thrownback!

anyone know of any good universities for business/business management?
and which of the two courses would you recommend to take?
Reply 17
Well I just covered chapter 25 Developing effective operations: customer service... I look at it thinking I don't really need to cover most of this because it's really common sense.

Writing notes from chapters is taking so long though... :redface:
Original post by imlolaa
went to a university convention and the top 3 unis im my choices said i wouldnt get in the Business Management course at their uni because i dont have a B in GCSE maths! haha #thrownback!

anyone know of any good universities for business/business management?
and which of the two courses would you recommend to take?

Don't pay attention on what they say about GCSE'S cause is not true.. I got an Offer from UCL, KINGS, SOAS & Royal Holloway for doing Business Management and I had a C in Math gcse! and they were asking B's and A's ! is more important your personal statement and predicted grades !
Reply 19
I have a mock for this tomorrow, should be okay.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending