The Student Room Group

Mc donalds job interveiw help!!

So i've got this mcdonalds job interview next week Wednesday, its an on job assessment, and a short interview both lasting about 15 minutes each anybody know what questions may be asked or what to expect, im freaking out!!!:confused:
Original post by jordanlewis88
So i've got this mcdonalds job interview next week Wednesday, its an on job assessment, and a short interview both lasting about 15 minutes each anybody know what questions may be asked or what to expect, im freaking out!!!:confused:

I've never been to an Interview at Mcdonalds but from my experience they will ask things like:

When can you work/ how many hours can you work? Are you flexible on this?
What are your skills/ experience / strengths?
What are your weaknesses?
Why do you want the job?
Give me an example of a time when....
And if you are in college or uni or something they are likely to ask you about that :smile:
They will also probably tell you quite a bit about the job and ask if you have any questions (it looks good to ask something - it makes you seem enthusiastic about the job)

On the on the job assessment they are likely to put you doing something interacting with the customers - possibly handing people their orders or something along these lines. Just try your best, be friendly to everyone and do things enthusiastically. Ask lots of questions about how things work and their policies etc.

All in all they will just be looking to make sure you are friendly, presentable and competent enough to pick up the job :smile: I think there's actually a Mcdonalds thread where you could get more info from people that have actually had interviews at Mcdonalds if you have a look around for it :smile:

Good luck anyway!
Reply 2
I did 2 interviews at McDonalds about a year ago and was offered the job (although I turned it down). They ask you things like 'what experience do you have working as a part of a team?' and 'what would you do if a customer starts being aggressive?'. The questions are pretty easy and they didn't really need any preparation - you just need to use your common sense really and be friendly and polite :smile:

I also did a job assessment and they just asked me to greet customers and walk around making sure everything was OK. It was weird greeting the customers as people don't really expect McDonald's workers to greet them at the door so it was a bit awkward. I also went round picking up rubbish and asking people if their food was OK.
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Had my interview and OJE yesterday thank you for the help people now i just play the waiting game:biggrin:
Reply 4
Hi, I got my interview yesterday too. I've already got an answer by email which is positive (at first sight, they gave me a negative answer, by email too, I didn't really understand.. lol). Emma, can I ask you, why are you turn it down? Now I don't know what to do... I'm a little scared about what people are saying about this job :/ I don't know if we can quit easily, in case of problems? I'm from france, so I don't know how does it work here yet.... thanks ( and gook luck jordan ^^)
Reply 5
Original post by kiwie72
Hi, I got my interview yesterday too. I've already got an answer by email which is positive (at first sight, they gave me a negative answer, by email too, I didn't really understand.. lol). Emma, can I ask you, why are you turn it down? Now I don't know what to do... I'm a little scared about what people are saying about this job :/ I don't know if we can quit easily, in case of problems? I'm from france, so I don't know how does it work here yet.... thanks ( and gook luck jordan ^^)

Hi :smile: I didn't turn it down because of the job or McDonald's, I turned it down because I didn't really have time for a job as well as school etc. Apparently these days mcdonalds is a good place to work, I think it was voted best employer last year

I work at mcdonalds (have dont for 5 years).
When i had my interview- they asked about what days/hours i could do, my education (school, 6th form etc), what would i do if a customer complained etc.
I never did the on the job evaluation- its been introduced since i started, but from what ive seen- you basically get to work on window 3 for a bit. The staff there tell you what to do and how everything works etc. So you will know what to do. Ask plenty of questions and you will be fine.
Reply 7
Original post by kiwie72

so did you get the job then?
Reply 8
Emmamezzo, ok, i'm relieved.. ^^

Jordan, yes, I think so^^ lol (it was a little confused with those emails but the positive answer was written by the manager himself, so I guess I've got the job xD) I go on Saturday for the welcoming meeting and sign the contract, I will see ^^

Emma, do you work some nights? I'm a little scared to go back home alone in the middle of the night :/
Reply 9
Still havent recived a phone call or email yet should i ring up?
Still havent recived a phone call or email yet should i ring up?

Did they give you a date when they said they would let you know by? If they did and it's past the day I'd ring :smile: otherwise give them a little bit longer :smile:
Don't worry it's very easy just be yourself and give honest answers.
Reply 12
Original post by SpottedZebra
Did they give you a date when they said they would let you know by? If they did and it's past the day I'd ring :smile: otherwise give them a little bit longer :smile:

yea they did i had my interview on monday its not saturday they said they will get back to me in a few days i think i should give them i a ring later today to make sure that havent forgetten about me:confused:
yea they did i had my interview on monday its not saturday they said they will get back to me in a few days i think i should give them i a ring later today to make sure that havent forgetten about me:confused:

If they said a few days I'd say giving them a ring is a good idea :smile: Did you give them a ring on the weekend when you were thinking about it? :smile:
Reply 14
Original post by kiwie72

Hi, I've worked at McDonalds for nearly 2 years, I'm currently doing last year of sixth form :smile:

You can quit fairly easily, you only need 2 weeks notice, but clear it with your manager first. Also with the nights thing, I used to finish around 10/11 o clock at night and had to go home through a dodgey area but it was absolutely fine! Any other questions give us a shout! :smile:
Reply 15
Hi. I have an interview for a Crew Member job at McDonalds on Wednesday and I'm quite nervous tbh. The McDonald's I've applied to is VERY busy and in quite a dodgy area (in Essex btw). I'm quite shy too, so I'll probably be crap at customer service. Also, I hate kids - not good if its always full of them! I've also heard that the kitchen is very fast paced... and I'm quite laid back and slow, do managers get angry if your not so quick on your feet?

Can somebody give me advice ASAP on the interview? What are good things to say? What should I say if they ask about dealing with angry customers? please help!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending