The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 5680
Original post by Malevolent
Okay depends on what the team is and also who their playing.

I think my Broncos at Patriots is just over 360 dollars. My Browns at Patriots is 168 dollars.

But the Patriots at Texans which is clearly better then Browns against Patriots is only 80 dollars so it depends on the team.

Damn, 360 dollars :eek:

Is that a higher price for a better seat, or just the base price?

I'm sure it'll be worth it though, I'm going to the Vikings-Steelers game at Wembley but I can imagine the atmosphere being kinda terrible compared to big games in the US.
Original post by Zubby77
Damn, 360 dollars :eek:

Is that a higher price for a better seat, or just the base price?

I'm sure it'll be worth it though, I'm going to the Vikings-Steelers game at Wembley but I can imagine the atmosphere being kinda terrible compared to big games in the US.

Thats a base price ticket right there. I'm sort of near the top but inbetween the corner and sideline. Atmosphere at Wembley is good but its not like a normal states game because so many different fans of teams go to Wembley where as at the states it will be pretty much those two teams.
Reply 5682
Thats a base price ticket right there. I'm sort of near the top but inbetween the corner and sideline. Atmosphere at Wembley is good but its not like a normal states game because so many different fans of teams go to Wembley where as at the states it will be pretty much those two teams.

Ah true, I guess it won't be as bad as I initially thought it might be, everyone will probably be really excited at getting the chance to see an NFL game, I know I am:biggrin:

What team/stadium has the best atmosphere would you say? I remember when watching games last season it seemed like the Seahawks have really vocal support. If I ever go to a game in the US I'd like to have the best experience I can, although I would also want to go and see a Cowboys game, my team! :tongue:
Original post by Zubby77
Ah true, I guess it won't be as bad as I initially thought it might be, everyone will probably be really excited at getting the chance to see an NFL game, I know I am:biggrin:

What team/stadium has the best atmosphere would you say? I remember when watching games last season it seemed like the Seahawks have really vocal support. If I ever go to a game in the US I'd like to have the best experience I can, although I would also want to go and see a Cowboys game, my team! :tongue:

You'll have great fun! I actually have had to give away my tickets for both the Steelers/Vikings and the 49ers/Jags since I'l be in Australia and I can't afford coming here then back twice as well as a trip to America :frown:

Umm Seahawks are good but in a way its the way their stadium is built. Its pretty much designed to Keep noise in. Heinz field has some great atmosphere as well as Arrowhead stadium. Lambeau has gotta be up there.
I'm going to see Vikings vs Bears in week 2. WOOOOO.
Reply 5685
Haven't posted here in a year or so! Gonna be a long 3-5 years for us Cowboys fans... Romo's new contract is gonna screw us salary cap-wise for the next few years at least. Need to rebuild, starting with GM. -sigh-

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tbag1
Haven't posted here in a year or so! Gonna be a long 3-5 years for us Cowboys fans... Romo's new contract is gonna screw us salary cap-wise for the next few years at least. Need to rebuild, starting with GM. -sigh-

Posted from TSR Mobile

Jerry is an imbecile. I like Romo but that contract is crazy. Soon green bay are gonna sign Rodgers to apparently 22 millions a year that's the biggest contract ever. They will have 2 contracts Rodgers and Mathhews taking up more the a quarter of their cap...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5687
Jerry is an imbecile. I like Romo but that contract is crazy. Soon green bay are gonna sign Rodgers to apparently 22 millions a year that's the biggest contract ever. They will have 2 contracts Rodgers and Mathhews taking up more the a quarter of their cap...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah don't get me wrong, I like Romo too. He single handedly wins games for us. He is a superb player, but there's nothing around him. We need to get rid if some of our individual talent and get some freakin linemen!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tbag1
Yeah don't get me wrong, I like Romo too. He single handedly wins games for us. He is a superb player, but there's nothing around him. We need to get rid if some of our individual talent and get some freakin linemen!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Mmm yeah that might help. Romo may crumble a little under pressure but hes still easily top 10 i would say. You don't let a top 10 go.
Reply 5689
Mmm yeah that might help. Romo may crumble a little under pressure but hes still easily top 10 i would say. You don't let a top 10 go.

Anyone would crumble if they didn't have an o-line :lol:

See I think it would have been much better for the Cowboys in the long run to let him go. Lets face it, we ain't in a win a Super Bowl with Romo, he's good enough, but he talent around him isn't. Jerry's clinging to him in the hope that we can get that one elusive SB. Even if we do get one, the cap situation will mean it is just that. One Super Bowl. The team will crumble and fall apart in 3-5 years because the guys who restructure now to make room for Romo will need paid.

We should have let Romo go, accepted we aren't gonna content for the next few years, build OL and DL, get the team ready to support a rookie QB in a few years time. Accept losing records for the next few years and we'd be better for it.

Instead, Jerry's clinging to Romo for the next few years, we'll have mediocrity (again) 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 or maybe 10-6. If we scrape into the playoffs, we'll lose (again) Because there is no depth (as we saw last year with injuries) and no cap room to do anything about it. Then after 3-5 years of mediocrity, Romo will retire and we'll have those years if rebuilding anyway. Pfft

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by tbag1
Anyone would crumble if they didn't have an o-line :lol:

See I think it would have been much better for the Cowboys in the long run to let him go. Lets face it, we ain't in a win a Super Bowl with Romo, he's good enough, but he talent around him isn't. Jerry's clinging to him in the hope that we can get that one elusive SB. Even if we do get one, the cap situation will mean it is just that. One Super Bowl. The team will crumble and fall apart in 3-5 years because the guys who restructure now to make room for Romo will need paid.

We should have let Romo go, accepted we aren't gonna content for the next few years, build OL and DL, get the team ready to support a rookie QB in a few years time. Accept losing records for the next few years and we'd be better for it.

Instead, Jerry's clinging to Romo for the next few years, we'll have mediocrity (again) 6-10, 7-9, 8-8, 9-7 or maybe 10-6. If we scrape into the playoffs, we'll lose (again) Because there is no depth (as we saw last year with injuries) and no cap room to do anything about it. Then after 3-5 years of mediocrity, Romo will retire and we'll have those years if rebuilding anyway. Pfft

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dunno the way i see it your gonna be in the Situation like Green Bay and Baltimore in the future. I can see why you wanted to start the rebuilding now. On the other hand though this is a good schedule for you guys to try make a run for 3-4 seed?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 5692
I dunno the way i see it your gonna be in the Situation like Green Bay and Baltimore in the future. I can see why you wanted to start the rebuilding now. On the other hand though this is a good schedule for you guys to try make a run for 3-4 seed?

Granted, it's a favourable schedule this season, but to be honest, all that will near is that we maybe hit 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs. Jerry says "look everything's great, we made the playoffs" but when push comes to shove, we are an 8-8 team, and adding washed-up Detroit LBs won't suddenly make us a championship team.

Flacco is an average QB, but he has the structure around him to succeed. I would say Romo is an above average QB who is dragging the team along with him. We always hear about it when he crumbles under pressure, but it's rarely mentioned when he comes back from a 14 point defecate in the 4th quarter.

----

Tom
Original post by tbag1
Granted, it's a favourable schedule this season, but to be honest, all that will near is that we maybe hit 10-6 or 11-5 and make the playoffs. Jerry says "look everything's great, we made the playoffs" but when push comes to shove, we are an 8-8 team, and adding washed-up Detroit LBs won't suddenly make us a championship team.

Flacco is an average QB, but he has the structure around him to succeed. I would say Romo is an above average QB who is dragging the team along with him. We always hear about it when he crumbles under pressure, but it's rarely mentioned when he comes back from a 14 point defecate in the 4th quarter.

----

Tom

He has the most 4th quarter comebacks since coming into the league. I think the Detroit Lions could be pretty good if they get a cornerback or two. Now they have Bush who is an awesome receiver out the backfield and good RB. Flacco still not convinced they seriously overpaid. Denver have the easiest schedule again which is infuriating.
Darrelle Revis to the Buccs! Damn big trade. If hes healthy phwoaaar...
Good trade for the Jets too 1st 3rd and 5th apparently.
Wow, that is good...

What to do about Tebow though? Jags really should be all over him. I think its a massive shame what has happened to him. All the hype is not his fault.
Original post by davies1989
Wow, that is good...

What to do about Tebow though? Jags really should be all over him. I think its a massive shame what has happened to him. All the hype is not his fault.

Good trade for both. Knowing the Jets though they will find some way to screw it up. :laugh:

Tebow no one wants him. Too much crap surrounding him.
Yeh, but its not his fault. He would suit a read option scheme. MJD at the Jags would work wonders for him. Lets face it, after how they played last season, it can't do too much bad for them?
Original post by davies1989
Yeh, but its not his fault. He would suit a read option scheme. MJD at the Jags would work wonders for him. Lets face it, after how they played last season, it can't do too much bad for them?

I think the Jaguars don't want to take that risk. Shame I like Tebow as a person he doesn't deserve what he went through with the Jets...