The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Ugh. Some of the sources I've read are wrong.

The younger brother doesn't have a medical degree, he's studying law and he's only 19.
Reply 761
Original post by This Excellency
Ugh. Some of the sources I've read are wrong.

The younger brother doesn't have a medical degree, he's studying law and he's only 19.

Yeah, older one was 26.
Reply 762
Original post by EmperorMustard
The guys twitter if anybody is interested. Did have 40 tweets a minute ago but seems a bunch of them have been deleted, even though they were pretty much all football related.

https://twitter.com/Dzhokhar_

To be fair, he was right about something:

Its amazing how he seemed to be in favour for gun control.
BBC stating the alive suspect is Muslim, according to his Russian social networking page.

Well at least that gives us the likely motive :frown:
Original post by G8D
I skipped 6 pages of this
thread. Is it true that the dead one invoked 'god'
as his motivation and justification?

No. Only thing that has been said is that the older of the two might have been radicalised.
Original post by G8D
I told you guys it'd be
the Russians.

You can hardly call them 'Russians' ><

You like making claims without facts aye?

Sorry, I'm not quite getting the point of that link (admittedly, half of the clips aren't working for me).
As interesting as I'm sure his alleged social media account is, I have absolutely no idea what it says! Anyone care to translate?
Reply 769
Original post by Rascacielos
As interesting as I'm sure his alleged social media account is, I have absolutely no idea what it says! Anyone care to translate?

Don't mean to be offensive but Chrome will tell you.
Reply 770
Original post by meenu89
Don't mean to be offensive but Chrome will tell you.

It's not translating for me, and I'm in Chrome

EDIT - Take it back, after reloading the option came up
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 771
Original post by dgeorge
It's not translating for me, and I'm in Chrome

Translated for me.
Someone just sent him a message (in Russian) on twitter asking him to meet them in London on April 21st.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 772
They've found him apparently, waiting to make contact if I hear correct on the scanner?
Lets hope that find this sick bastard alive.
Ah, that famous Middle-Eastern name Dzhokhar Tsarnaev.

P.S.

Original post by ozzyoscy
Muffled Snuffles
One of the suspects is quite clearly White.

Must be one of them Central/Eastern Europeans. First they're taking our livelihoods, now our lives, and they're entirely to blame.

I'm moving out of this country!

*Gets laid out by the Hypocrisy Bat of Justice*

O RLY?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 775
Original post by G8D
Russia has a substantial Muslim population.

Is it me or is it amazing that people do not know this?
Original post by G8D
Russia has a substantial Muslim population.

Doesn't mean that the attack has any religious motive, though. There's a myriad of reasons for why they might have done it.
Reply 777
They've surrounded someone else, not the 19 year old. This is so confusing :frown:
Reply 778
Original post by edithwashere
Doesn't mean that the attack has any religious motive, though. There's a myriad of reasons for why they might have done it.

For goodness sake. Muslims are behind a global terror campaign on a scale never seen before.

There isn't a single day that passes where there isn't a bomb going off.

Every other week another cell gets busted in the UK trying to mass murder British citizens.

And we have people like you on here making out like it's some unheard of event for Muslims to be responsible.

Statistically, Muslims are more likely to be involved in terrorism than every other religion COMBINED. Do you understand that? COMBINED.
This surely will not end well? He's either going to kill himself before the police get to him, or he'll kill himself in style and take a few others out with him (possibly police).

Hoping we find out the motive behind all this :\

Quick Reply