The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

Lse and ucl offer holders

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Anyone with offers from LSE (V146) and UCL (V100) for History? I really cant decide. The courses are relatively the same at both but at UCL you have a wider range of inter-departmental courses such as computer science etc whereas LSE limits you on this. Also, i think there is a lot of course work at UCL whereas LSE is pure exams in first year. I dont mind either! Yikes! I dont know what to do!

What are other historians doing?
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 41
Original post by KingofNil
Glad to see that the spirit in which I wrote the thread is shining through :wink:- though I suppose it does demonstrate a breadth of opinion. Can any of you guys then give me your opinion on whether I should take LSE or UCL for Law (from a career point of view) and why. Note that I am not specifically set on a career in Law so would also be interested to know if a career in finance would be possible? Tea Party its a simple question so dont attack me:wink: Thanks

When it comes to Law, it really does not matter much as they are pretty much the same.

Just focus on the following:

- Where will I enjoy the most because I like the course and look of the uni.
- Which offer can I easily make.

If you still have a draw after that, then go for LSE because of overall reputation.
Reply 42
I'm law and anthropology at LSE :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 43
Anyone going to the visit day today??

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 44
Original post by virtsou
Yes i will attend UCL this september and next september i will be on LSE (or if i get an offer Cambridge)

What is the reason for doing that?
Reply 45
Original post by uttamo
What is the reason for doing that?

I want 2 masters degrees ;-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 46
Original post by virtsou
I want 2 masters degrees ;-)

Ah nice, that makes sense
Reply 47
Original post by uttamo
Ah nice, that makes sense

:-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hey guys, should I go for UCL BASc or LSE Philosophy and Economics? I like the BASc degree more, but I think LSE has a better reputation or is that specific UCL degree more well regarded? Thanks in advance =)
Reply 49
Original post by fendstersnep
Hey guys, should I go for UCL BASc or LSE Philosophy and Economics? I like the BASc degree more, but I think LSE has a better reputation or is that specific UCL degree more well regarded? Thanks in advance =)

I had a really similar situation to you - except my LSE offer was for straight philosophy. I went for LSE in the end because the 50% core of BASc kind of bothered me, and moreover the LSE degree (for me at least) is really flexible and allows me take outside options every single year. With BASc, despite having an official minor, it would only take up 1/8 of all my courses, whereas my outside options in LSE would make up more than 1/4 of all my courses. But of course it may differ for you/you may have different priorities.

You can't go wrong with either choice to be honest! BASc is a really new degree so I'm not sure if it's got much of a reputation yet, but UCL's name isn't exactly shabby either. :wink:
Original post by DirtyCash
Got LSE and UCL for StatFin and ESF respectively, also slightly worried about the social life at LSE but more major worry is the relative "isolation" of students in a city like london compared to campus environment, unfortunately outside Oxbridge and Warwick LSE and UCL are the best.
Also unless its EPIC TROLLING XD I seriously dont get people saying you shouldnt expect a good social life at LSE. Its uni, just because im smart and ambitious doesn't mean I dont want and expect to party my ****ing ass off in my early 20s, whats the point of the ambition, to get a big badass IB gig so you can get models and bottles and do what you wanted to do in your 20s in your 30s and 40s ?

What were Ur as grades and a2 predictions ?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending