The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 200
Are you a dentistry or medicine student VoodooTik? Sorry to bother I have only just seen this thread and not sure if you mentioned earlier :smile:

I am thinking of applying for dentistry at either the Charles institute or the Masaryk Univeristy in Brno. Do you know much about the Brno institute?

What year are you in too? And are you enjoying it? Are you from the UK too?

Once again sorry if you have answered these questions, I would appreciate your help :smile: Thanks!
Reply 201
I am a medicine student.

The only thing I know about Brno is that it has been revamped three years ago so it has more modern facilities.

I'm in third year, from the UK and all is well and good :smile:
Reply 202
Original post by VoodooTik
I am a medicine student.

The only thing I know about Brno is that it has been revamped three years ago so it has more modern facilities.

I'm in third year, from the UK and all is well and good :smile:

Would you recommend going to Brno? I am looking at that institute regarding dentistry ...I applied in the UK but only managed one interview which was unsuccessful. :frown:

Do you know any dentistry students at Charles University too? I am 50/50 about deciding to go or not.
Reply 203
I have no idea about Brno, so I can't judge. I know a few dentistry students at Charles.
Reply 204
I think the test is compulsory, no matter your grades but if you want to make sure I would phone CMUCAS, one of the administrative centres for admission to Prague and they are based in the UK (Malvern, Worcestershire), +44 1684 892757 or you could e-mail them: [email protected]

The admissions test can also be taken at Malvern as well. I think that there are other admissions centres in the UK, but I don't know their contact details.

As for registering to the GMC, I haven't got to that stage yet so I'm not worrying about that for now, I'm still going through med school.

Thanks for that info really helped..im really scared now why is the drop out rate 53? thats SO high! Is it impossibly hard?? im scared that if i go i dont pass in the first year and i wouldve wasted so much money :s-smilie:
Reply 205
Original post by misty00
Thanks for that info really helped..im really scared now why is the drop out rate 53? thats SO high! Is it impossibly hard?? im scared that if i go i dont pass in the first year and i wouldve wasted so much money :s-smilie:

The workload is heavy so a good work ethic is required (make some time for fun as well).

Fear is natural. It's what you do with the fear that counts - either work your way around your fear and stay positive or succumb to it and get screwed.

Good luck :-)
Reply 206
Anyone know any good agencies to apply through.
Ive found EUNICAS. does anyone know if its any good?
Reply 207
The workload is heavy so a good work ethic is required (make some time for fun as well).

Fear is natural. It's what you do with the fear that counts - either work your way around your fear and stay positive or succumb to it and get screwed.

Good luck :-)

Thanks ive applied now through M&D im waiting, so nervous! and thanks i know that if i get a place hopefully i will work really hard! So lucky your there :frown: is it fun aswell? the city and stuff and are people friendly?
Reply 208
Original post by patel101
Anyone know any good agencies to apply through.
Ive found EUNICAS. does anyone know if its any good?

Hi, i havnt heard of EUNICAS before i just had a look now that you mentioned it, looks okay thanks for sharing...I have applied through M&D, if i dont get in through there i will resort to EUNICAS because the deadline is june 30th so that gives me time! Anyway goodluck what course are you hoping to apply for? I think M&D were pretty straight forward but i cant really say yet ive only just applied.
Reply 209
Original post by misty00
Thanks ive applied now through M&D im waiting, so nervous! and thanks i know that if i get a place hopefully i will work really hard! So lucky your there :frown: is it fun aswell? the city and stuff and are people friendly?

Prague has lots of places to go to and cheap places to eat (if you know where to find them), despite its small size as a city (compared to London, etc).

The old people are reluctant to speak English, if you're asking for directions and stuff and may stare at you a little bit if you're brown, but the young people and adults are nice.
Reply 210
Oh okay I should be fine let's just hope I pass the entrance exams! I've been invited to Charles and palacky for the exams, do you have any advise on the entrance exam and what unis are best? Was the exam hard? And do you recommend the revision course? Which uni are you at?
Reply 211
Original post by sortedguy
is anyone thinking of applying to uem valencia?

That ones a bit pricey for me and I'd be scared to live in Spain lol
Reply 212
hi VoodooTik

what books do you recommend learning from for the entrance exam for cmucas to prague?
Reply 213
Original post by s.1995.g
hi VoodooTik

what books do you recommend learning from for the entrance exam for cmucas to prague?

CGP books should do fine
Reply 214
Original post by misty00
Hi, i havnt heard of EUNICAS before i just had a look now that you mentioned it, looks okay thanks for sharing...I have applied through M&D, if i dont get in through there i will resort to EUNICAS because the deadline is june 30th so that gives me time! Anyway goodluck what course are you hoping to apply for? I think M&D were pretty straight forward but i cant really say yet ive only just applied.

Medicine, im apply through CMUCAS now because thats what the 1st faculty website says, if you are from the UK.
what course are you looking to do. did you apply to uk unis this year?
Reply 215
Prague has lots of places to go to and cheap places to eat (if you know where to find them), despite its small size as a city (compared to London, etc).

The old people are reluctant to speak English, if you're asking for directions and stuff and may stare at you a little bit if you're brown, but the young people and adults are nice.

Thats not good for me then, so are they racist!
Reply 216
Thats not good for me then, so are they racist!

Chill! It's only the old people, not the whole of Prague! And they're only just going to look at you not stab you to death! I've been on so many nights out in Prague and I haven't been called one racial slur during my whole three years here :smile:
Reply 217
Chill! It's only the old people, not the whole of Prague! And they're only just going to look at you not stab you to death! I've been on so many nights out in Prague and I haven't been called one racial slur during my whole three years here :smile:

Sorry! i didnt mean to sound too over the top.
nice to know theyre kind ppl.. just my family is kinda worried about me on my own thats all.
thanks anyway
Reply 218
Medicine, im apply through CMUCAS now because thats what the 1st faculty website says, if you are from the UK.
what course are you looking to do. did you apply to uk unis this year?

What do you mean? It said on their website that you should apply from CMUCAS?

I have applied to dentistry through Read Medicine M&D, and yes my back up is pharmacy here in the UK! :frown: wbu?
Reply 219
Also whichever one of you guys who are out there atm, did anyone go through Read Medicine?? I want to know if the revision programme is good for the entrance exam

Latest

Trending

Trending