The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 920
They seem to be setting up a perimeter around a car.
I don't get it, what's this car they keep going on about? Surely if it's within their line of sight, they don't need people looking for it, or do they expect the suspect to come out a house and into the car?
What does E Honda have to do with any of this?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 923
Original post by itsmyname
I don't get it, what's this car they keep going on about? Surely if it's within their line of sight, they don't need people looking for it, or do they expect the suspect to come out a house and into the car?

I think there's a suspected bomb inside. They mentioned "multiple circuit boards" before and are requesting the bomb disposal units.
Nice of the internets to provide the killer with live updates on what the police are doing.
Reply 925
How did they connect the dots here? How did they know those that were responsible for 7/11 stick up also carried out this attack? The photos from the marathon can't have been that clear if those responsible were wearing cap and shades

I believe this is a car he slept in, they're expecting him to return to it.

Edit: They found multiple circuit boards in a car. It could be unrelated.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by ronki23
How did they connect the dots here? How did they know those that were responsible for 7/11 stick up also carried out this attack? The photos from the marathon can't have been that clear if those responsible were wearing cap and shades

The photo in this article is pretty clear.

http://www.guardian.co.uk/world/2013/apr/19/tamerlan-tsarnaev-american-life-of-dead-boston-bomb-suspect

You can tell from the facial features and curly hair that it's the same guy. Also, after the photos were released the brothers then shot a police officer and then carjacked an SUV, leading to a chase that resulted in the shootout, from which Dzhokar escaped.
Reply 928
Original post by ronki23

I think they did most of it by tracing who dropped the bags. The photos were quite clear as one of the guys wore his cap backwards with no shades.

However that doesn't rule out the possibility of there being other parties involved.
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
I believe this is a car he slept in, they're expecting him to return to it.

They honestly expect him to return to it, in an area that's in a state of lockdown?

Also, how retarded can these brothers be? I'm assuming they wanted to escape, instead they get caught trying to rob a convenience store
Dont understand the whole convenience store business. I thought they would have wanted to escape quietly
Reply 931
The kid must be absolutely ****ting himself! 19 years old, on his own, with all those guys after him
Reply 932
Original post by Cll_ws
The kid must be absolutely ****ting himself! 19 years old, on his own, with all those guys after him

After 19 hours on the run with no access to a toilet, he probably has **** himself by now.
Original post by Stringer987
Dont understand the whole convenience store business. I thought they would have wanted to escape quietly

Once their photos were released, there's no way they could return home or use their bank cards. It seems they were expecting to get away with it and to get on a flight to Russia a few days later.

Robbing the store makes sense if they need money (which they would, to escape)

Edit: Lol! Ad for the Church of Mormon on the livestream!
Original post by ozzyoscy
Nice of the internets to provide the killer with live updates on what the police are doing.

You reckon he's hooked up his headphones to his iphone and is listening in? It seems reasonable to assume this would vitiate his situational awareness, and that he's not using any electronic devices for fear of being tracked
The whole thing is strange. A flight a few days later? Surely they would have booked it for the same day. They must have been very stupid if they thought the images wouldn't have been released quickly
They had no cash, they had not pre-booked a flight?

Not well thought out at all
Imagine having 9000 people looking for you! Worse than level 6 on GTA
Original post by commandant
The whole thing is strange. A flight a few days later? Surely they would have booked it for the same day. They must have been very stupid if they thought the images wouldn't have been released quickly

I'm thinking that

1) They didn't pay for the flight themselves, their dad paid for it, and it was booked for a certain day.

2) The target, the Marathon, is on a fixed date

3) Flying out a few days later could be rationalised in the sense that it might be expected that in the very immediate aftermath security would be massively heightened at airports
They had no cash, they had not pre-booked a flight?

Not well thought out at all

Apparently they had a pre-booked flight for a few days later to go back to Russia.

I expect they hadn't expected their faces would be plastered all over the media, and suddenly they were in a situation in which they couldn't return to their house, or use their bank cards or mobile phones.

Unrelated: That Charles River Road would be a good place to hide! They may have been wasting their time at Howe and Hazel.

I expect he'll be hiding somewhere in plain sight... like up a tree, and the swat team forgot to look up
(edited 11 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending