The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by This Honest
Oh my gosh!! You're back!!! There was a thread about your absence and someone sent me a PM about you including 5 others to protest against the mods but I already had warning points at the time so didn't want to risk myself getting banned :mmm:

Boy or girl? The mystery continues... :colone:

Boy duhh

Original post by Converse girl
You tow are so annoying just shut it the pair of you you sound like a married couple :mmm:

But they can't imagine what it looks like :sad: I feel so said about the fact they can't imagine as well :sad:

:frown: sad times indeed.
Reply 861
Original post by The Polymath
I don't see a description, hmmph :unimpressed:

*a* thread? My dear boy/girl, there were eight :fatcontroller:

^is a well respected guy of the community and has people that will protest in his favour :proud:

Hahahahaha go you!! I only saw the one :mmm:
Well, I'm going now - might next be back next Friday

Using the TSR app ~ Smile, you are amazing!
Reply 863
Original post by Malevolent
Boy duhh

:frown: sad times indeed.

Ok mallie, that is your opinion :smile:
^is a well respected guy of the community and has people that will protest in his favour :proud:

Hahahahaha go you!! I only saw the one :mmm:

^ Is really a penguin.

Just google "The Polymath Mark" and the first result is Mark VIII :wink:

Oh and I thought I'd treat my post-ban self as a mixture of Gandalfs resurrection and a new Time Lord-ian Generation (from Gandalf the Grey to the new Doctor)
(edited 11 years ago)

girl?
Original post by ranbow99
I think it depends on the person, they may see different colours, one colour...But then if they have been blind from birth they have no perception of the colour black, so they still won't know what black is. I think anyway, not sure :dontknow:

Yeah so if you ask them what do you see they wouldn't be able to explain it because they don't know what it is because they have never seen it before
Yeah so if you ask them what do you see they wouldn't be able to explain it because they don't know what it is because they have never seen it before

Mind = blown
Reply 868
Original post by Malevolent
girl?

Original post by The Polymath
^ Is really a penguin.

Just google "The Polymath Mark" and the first result is Mark VIII :wink:

Oh and I thought I'd treat my post-ban self as a mixture of Gandalfs resurrection and a new Time Lord-ian Generation (from Gandalf the Grey to the new Doctor)

:laugh: awesome!
Reply 869
Olympiad said she was leaving and coming back next week but no one quoted her to say goodbye. Lol no one gives a damn. She's just invisible, only I cared until now. :rofl2:

Now as you're reading this, someone will probably quote her now to prove that I'm wrong but it's too late.. Lol
Thanks they should know what black is shouldn't they?

so they can't imagine things and dream as well

I don't think they see any colour at all, including black :no: What colour does a plant see? Obviously a plant can't see colour. Yet plants can detect light. Plants will often turn to face the sun and will slowly move as the sun moves across the sky. Plants can't perceive colour as they don't have the equipment (namely eyes) to do so. It is similar to asking if an animal that see's in black and white can imagine the colour red. Someone who has never seen a colour can't imagine or see any colour and are no better off than a plant in perceiving colour :sadnod:

Our being able to see colour depends wholly upon our eyes. This video gives an interestign explanation of the evolution of the eye if you are interested :yep: I think it is better at explaining how dependent colour/vision is upon our eyes.

(edited 11 years ago)
Olympiad said she was leaving and coming back next week but no one quoted her to say goodbye. Lol no one gives a damn. She's just invisible, only I cared until now. :rofl2:

People love me too much they find it difficult to say good bye

Reply 872
Original post by Olympiad
People love me too much they find it difficult to say good bye

Loooooool you're getting a bit pathetic and desperate now dear :smile:
No one talks to you that much but me. Just go now. You said you were leaving, jeez.

Girl stalking my posts after you said you won't speak to me ever again.....yeah right :laugh:
Loooooool you're getting a bit pathetic and desperate now dear :smile:
No one talks to you that much but me. Just go now. You said you were leaving, jeez.

Girl stalking my posts after you said you won't speak to me ever again.....yeah right :laugh:

No, I was stalking the thread not you.

:laugh: awesome!

Boo you :tongue:
Reply 875
Original post by Olympiad
No, I was stalking the thread not you.

And you had to quote me out of everyone. Typical.

Don't reply to this. Convo over. I'm bored of you, bye.
K.
And you had to quote me out of everyone. Typical.

Don't reply to this. Convo over. I'm bored of you, bye.
K.

That's because nobody else was talking about/to me #alone
I can reply if I want.

Anyhow, deleting the from my watched again now

Original post by The Epicurean
I don't think they see any colour at all, including black :no: What colour does a plant see? Obviously a plant can't see colour. Yet plants can detect light. Plants will often turn to face the sun and will slowly move as the sun moves across the sky. Plants can't perceive colour as they don't have the equipment (namely eyes) to do so. It is similar to asking if an animal that see's in black and white can imagine the colour red. Someone who has never seen a colour can't imagine or see any colour and are no better off than a plant in perceiving colour :sadnod:

Our being able to see colour depends wholly upon our eyes. This video gives an interestign explanation of the evolution of the eye if you are interested :yep: I think it is better at explaining how dependent colour/vision is upon our eyes.

I get it now :yep: thanks quite cool
Learn something new every day :h:
Original post by The Epicurean
:console: :hugs: I got your back! :sadnod:

Thank you. That makes me feel better. :smile:
:flower:

Latest