The Student Room Group

AQA Philosophy A2 June 2013

Who knew that there would be anything in this world that is more of a nightmare than Philosophy AS? :wink:

So anyway, the Easter holidays are here, which is roughly translated as "Revision Fortnight", so I thought it would be a good idea to talk about any of the topics on the Unit 3 and Unit 4 paper, look at past papers, swap revision notes, ask and answer questions, etc...

I'm doing Political Philosophy & Moral Philosophy for Unit 3, and Plato's Republic for Unit 4. Could really do with a push in the right direction for Political Philosophy. Anyone else?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Gillymander95
Who knew that there would be anything in this world that is more of a nightmare than Philosophy AS? :wink:

So anyway, the Easter holidays are here, which is roughly translated as "Revision Fortnight", so I thought it would be a good idea to talk about any of the topics on the Unit 3 and Unit 4 paper, look at past papers, swap revision notes, ask and answer questions, etc...

I'm doing Political Philosophy & Moral Philosophy for Unit 3, and Plato's Republic for Unit 4. Could really do with a push in the right direction for Political Philosophy. Anyone else?

Wow your one of the only people I've seen on here doing Philosophy A2! Barely seems to be anyone!

I'm doing the exact same topics, moral/political and Plato.

Been doing intense revision for the past three days!
Reply 2
Original post by millie-rose
Wow your one of the only people I've seen on here doing Philosophy A2! Barely seems to be anyone!

I'm doing the exact same topics, moral/political and Plato.

Been doing intense revision for the past three days!

Ah finally another person doing AQA! :biggrin:

That's great to hear. I've been revising for about a month now, but quite lightly, nothing too strenuous. Really kicked it into drive today with "Classical Liberalism" and "The Nature of Justice", for Political and Plato, respectively. How far have you got with your notes for all the topics?
Ah finally another person doing AQA! :biggrin:

That's great to hear. I've been revising for about a month now, but quite lightly, nothing too strenuous. Really kicked it into drive today with "Classical Liberalism" and "The Nature of Justice", for Political and Plato, respectively. How far have you got with your notes for all the topics?

Ooo that's good, luckily I study Politics as well and in a2 we do ideologies such as Classic Lib haha so don't have to do much on that.

For Moral Philosophy, I've almost finished all my notes. For Plato, I've done notes on all the analogies/similes etc. I've actually found getrevising.co.uk so useful because there's so much extra content on there :-)

barely done anything on political philosophy yet:/ haven't even covered much of it in class :/ you
Reply 4
Ooo that's good, luckily I study Politics as well and in a2 we do ideologies such as Classic Lib haha so don't have to do much on that.

For Moral Philosophy, I've almost finished all my notes. For Plato, I've done notes on all the analogies/similes etc. I've actually found getrevising.co.uk so useful because there's so much extra content on there :-)

barely done anything on political philosophy yet:/ haven't even covered much of it in class :/ you

That sounds pretty good tbh :smile: Erm, I downloaded some really helpful revision notes on political philosophy a while ago - they're really in depth, and the only thing they lack are some examples, but you can make those up yourself. Providing you understand the political philosophy course, the notes will be useful. Do you want me to send you them?
That sounds pretty good tbh :smile: Erm, I downloaded some really helpful revision notes on political philosophy a while ago - they're really in depth, and the only thing they lack are some examples, but you can make those up yourself. Providing you understand the political philosophy course, the notes will be useful. Do you want me to send you them?

THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! you can forward me the link if that's easier :-)

lifesaver thank you!!!

are you planning on going to University?
Reply 6
THAT WOULD BE AMAZING! you can forward me the link if that's easier :-)

lifesaver thank you!!!

are you planning on going to University?

Erm, I think that document has attached...

Yeah hoping to go to Manchester, but trying to apply for Student Finance atm and it's a ballache :/ You?
Erm, I think that document has attached...

Yeah hoping to go to Manchester, but trying to apply for Student Finance atm and it's a ballache :/ You?

Yeah, either Bristol/Exeter :-)! and same, I have to apply by paper because their online system keeps saying I've already applied when I haven't... it's even more slower than the online system!! :angry:

THOSE NOTES ARE AMAZING THANK YOU SO MUCH!:colondollar:
Alas, my unit is all about religious experience...just like last year.
Reply 9
Original post by BrazenStudent
Alas, my unit is all about religious experience...just like last year.

Surely that's easier since you already have background knowledge from last year? Or maybe not, depends how hard religious exp' is... Sounds like a pile of w*nk tbh :s-smilie:
Reply 10
hey everyone, im more or less self teaching myself AQA Philosophy a level - i send practice essays to an examiner for marking and comments but thats pretty much it. i dont actually know anyone else doing this specification so it can get pretty lonely, its great to find some people in the same boat! :smile:

for A2 im doing political philosophy, philosophy of mind (regret picking this module so much now :s-smilie:) and Mill for unit 4.

im also doing all my AS exams this year (a death wish i know, my school made me) and im doing reason and experience, why should i be moral, tolerance, and the value of art.
Hi! This course has just been dropped from my school because the grades were just not good at all...

I'm doing Phil of Mind and Phil of Religion for Unit 3 and Plato for Unit 4.

With regard to Plato, I'm enjoying the similes etc but I'm finding the justice and political stuff pretty difficult (in terms of a 45 marker). I'm just hoping and praying for a Forms question to come up. ^_^
Original post by Ronak134
hey everyone, im more or less self teaching myself AQA Philosophy a level - i send practice essays to an examiner for marking and comments but thats pretty much it. i dont actually know anyone else doing this specification so it can get pretty lonely, its great to find some people in the same boat! :smile:

for A2 im doing political philosophy, philosophy of mind (regret picking this module so much now :s-smilie:) and Mill for unit 4.

im also doing all my AS exams this year (a death wish i know, my school made me) and im doing reason and experience, why should i be moral, tolerance, and the value of art.

Jesus Christ, that's so much. Erm, I did Reason and Experience, Why Should I Be Moral for Unit 1, last year. I don't actually have any revision on my computer, but I can send you links to useful videos and easy-to-read resources. It slightly deviates from the syllabus but my teacher showed us most of it, and I got an A, so it's up to you really, just let me know. Also, there's a revision doc for political philosophy above ^ :smile:
Original post by cmargerison
Hi! This course has just been dropped from my school because the grades were just not good at all...

With regard to Plato, I'm enjoying the similes etc but I'm finding the justice and political stuff pretty difficult (in terms of a 45 marker). I'm just hoping and praying for a Forms question to come up. ^_^

Hi, I severely doubt the Forms are going to come up since they've come up twice as a 45 marker and one of those times was just last year...Erm, it might come up as a 15 marker though, who knows? I love all the political stuff, so if you have a specific question, just ask me brooo :cool:
Reply 14
Jesus Christ, that's so much. Erm, I did Reason and Experience, Why Should I Be Moral for Unit 1, last year. I don't actually have any revision on my computer, but I can send you links to useful videos and easy-to-read resources. It slightly deviates from the syllabus but my teacher showed us most of it, and I got an A, so it's up to you really, just let me know. Also, there's a revision doc for political philosophy above ^ :smile:

That would be awesome! thanks! and yeah, those notes are great too :smile: though they seem to cover a lot more detail than the textbooks, which tend to waffle on about a few select points :L

how are you finding mind?

Wow that is a lot of work. I wish I had an examiner to practice with because I could really do with more exam practice as philosophy is so easy to waffle off topic!

Let me know if you want my AS value of art notes
That would be awesome! thanks! and yeah, those notes are great too :smile: though they seem to cover a lot more detail than the textbooks, which tend to waffle on about a few select points :L

how are you finding mind?

I'm really enjoying the content but it's quite difficult to get your head around in terms of how it all links and what to put in the exam since the questions are quite broad. How about you?
Reply 17
I'm really enjoying the content but it's quite difficult to get your head around in terms of how it all links and what to put in the exam since the questions are quite broad. How about you?

oh yeah. i think its quite flexible in that way, you don't have to talk about everything and the questions are generally broad enough for you to talk about something youre comfortable with, at least some of the time! personally, i find that the texbooks explain some parts really awfully, especially functionalism, and the non reductive theories. some of the theories seem to overlap a huge amount too which can be confusing e.g. identity theory and anomalous monism.

Wow that is a lot of work. I wish I had an examiner to practice with because I could really do with more exam practice as philosophy is so easy to waffle off topic!

Let me know if you want my AS value of art notes

oh yeah, that would be great, thanks! have you got an reason and experience ones too by any chance? haha so true. i could put you in contact with her if you want an essay marked? feel free to send me a PM. alternatively i could send you a few of my essays that she marked if youre interested.
(edited 11 years ago)

oh yeah, that would be great, thanks! have you got an reason and experience ones too by any chance? haha so true. i could put you in contact with her if you want an essay marked? feel free to send me a PM. alternatively i could send you a few of my essays that she marked if youre interested.

hey can I have a look at one of the essays she marked for you too please? I think revision is going okay but essay writing is not in my favour atm :frown:

sorry i did all my reason & experience notes handwritten :/ the value of art ones can be found here....

http://getrevising.co.uk/resources/value_of_art_philosophy_aqa_as_complete_revision_notes

and yes if you could give me her details that would be great :-) how much does she cost roughly if you don't mind me asking

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending