Why are so many people left-wing?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by a729
It was Thatcher!

Well thank god that ships sailed.
Reply 301
Original post by consumed by stuff
Well thank god that ships sailed.

In many ways we are still living Thatcher's Britain!
Reply 302
Because they want something for nothing.
Original post by a729
In many ways we are still living Thatcher's Britain!

Yea, a recession.
Reply 304
Yea, a recession.

No the Labour years have more to blame for that!

We live in a society well hard work is rather rewarded ( and not penalised by excessively high taxes)
Original post by a729
No the Labour years have more to blame for that!

We live in a society well hard work is rather rewarded ( and not penalised by excessively high taxes)

40% tax over 32 thousand a year says different.
Reply 306
40% tax over 32 thousand a year says different.

The standard rate was 33% and the highest was 60% in 1979

The highest was 40% until 2010!

And the standard rate is only 20% so get your fact straight mate!

Looks like your consumed by stuff inaccuracy at the moment lol!
Reply 307
Original post by Jadenb95
Why are so many people left wing?

because we have a social conscience and care for others instead of simply propagating our own wealth...
and communism may lie on the left but fascism lies on the right and Hitler was a great guy right?
And Nick Griffin is a charmer too.

before insulting the left, think who's on the right!

Hitler wasn't even that right-wing , he was authoritarian and made the state more powerful and larger (like Stalin did) something most right-wingers (especially economically) would oppose.

Arguably communism and fascism don't have that much difference- Stalin killed much more people after all
Original post by a729
The standard rate was 33% and the highest was 60% in 1979

The highest was 40% until 2010!

And the standard rate is only 20% so get your fact straight mate!

Looks like your consumed by stuff inaccuracy at the moment lol!

I have a letter in my hand from hm revenue and customs that says your wrong.
(edited 11 years ago)
The political pendulum has swing from left to the right for many years all around the world. Either extreme only results in death and destruction. As the pendulum slows down it is swinging less and less to the extremes and is settling towards the middle. Extreme right and left countries are few in number and issues only arise when the pendulum moves too far in one direction. Left and right are outdated, outmoded concepts far too simple to describe the overall complexities of human nature. Some people are right wing on one subject and left wing on another.

To entrench yourself into one position or another is shortsighted. I think to take firm hold of either position is the equivalent of being a political neanderthal and in many years to come people will look back and marvel at how blinkered we once were.
Original post by uglybanana
The political pendulum has swing from left to the right for many years all around the world. Either extreme only results in death and destruction. As the pendulum slows down it is swinging less and less to the extremes and is settling towards the middle. Extreme right and left countries are few in number and issues only arise when the pendulum moves too far in one direction. Left and right are outdated, outmoded concepts far too simple to describe the overall complexities of human nature. Some people are right wing on one subject and left wing on another.

To entrench yourself into one position or another is shortsighted. I think to take firm hold of either position is the equivalent of being a political neanderthal and in many years to come people will look back and marvel at how blinkered we once were.

Obviously pragmatism over ideology however the reason we have ideology is to make it easier for us to stick to an agenda and actually get thinks done.
It's considered 'cool'. I don't know why hipster wannabes don't convert to the far-right, it's less mainstream.

Posted from TSR Mobile
anony.mouse
And he can't work except in an office because of his injury. But he has no suitable qualifications or experience so can't get an office job.

"Can't get an office job"? I'm sorry, but that sounds like an excuse. Whilst it will be harder, there is no outright ban on people lacking qualifications or experience, stopping them from working in offices.

And what do you class as an "office job"? What about call centres? They don't always require experience or qualifications, trust me (many have such high turnover, that they could never afford to be so picky); yet are obviously not physical jobs, at all.
Reply 313
I have a letter in my hand from hm revenue and customs that says your wrong.

I assume you are factoring in National Insurance as well!
Reply 314
Original post by Barden
Double negative...

So... "false delusion of reality"?

:dontknow:

I get the feeling that you have not said what you meant to...

If you understand what I said why do you need to be so pedantic?

This is a very hard time for me.
Original post by Iron Lady

That was quite witty, so I'll back down this time...
Original post by a729
I assume you are factoring in National Insurance as well!

I'm factoring in that your a tool.
Reply 317

Reply 318
I'm factoring in that your a tool.

I'm not totally sure what you mean by that comment.

But NI and income tax are independent of one another
Reply 319

Her legacy lives on!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending