The Student Room Group

What is something that is widely known to your gender but not the other?

Scroll to see replies

girls dont know guys have wet dreams
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Lots of people change hobbies, it's not actually that uncommon. It's not like I change every 6 months or something, it's usually after a few years or so. Lots of people get fed up with things after, say, 4 years of doing it.

That's news to me. I have never heard of people doing that. Either they stick with it or are forced to changed due to a change in circumstances.

Original post by Ronove
I dunno, the typical 'girl' hobbies like ballet and horse-riding aren't as readily accepted as a teenager/young adult. Then you're just a weirdo to most people, I expect. :tongue:

Strange, as I don't think any guy would not like their gf to say "I do ballet" :biggrin: Also they could keep the theme of dancing and move from ballet onto other forms eg. salsa, ballroom etc. It is all dancing and hell, have you seen how good dancers look?!
Reply 662
Original post by randomd_love
Lols no! I used to think it was a conspiracy too till my auntie (a seamstress) told me your meant to undo the stitching with that fork thing in sewing kits.

It's apparently there because girls move their hips more than men so the stress on the trouser is at the side. Sewing it up means we don't add additional stress to our sides, by reaching in for stuff and keeping heavy objects there.

There you go some insider knowledge - don't tell anyone else though guys :wink:

Hmm, well there you go! Sometimes there are literally no pockets there though, just those flaps that look like pockets. That's still annoying :-P I will be checking my jeans for unpickable pockets in the future though! ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by randomd_love
Lols no! I used to think it was a conspiracy too till my auntie (a seamstress) told me your meant to undo the stitching with that fork thing in sewing kits.

It's apparently there because girls move their hips more than men so the stress on the trouser is at the side. Sewing it up means we don't add additional stress to our sides, by reaching in for stuff and keeping heavy objects there.

There you go some insider knowledge - don't tell anyone else though guys :wink:

No. Flippin'. Way. I have been confused for too long! THANK YOU.
Reply 664
Going back to the topic of disgusting loos and urinal etiquette, the loos at Wembly are horrid at half time. If all the urinals are full then many people just wee into the sinks. :eek:
Original post by S_123
LOL!

Hmmm...from my experience, most things to do with periods guys are pretty much oblivious about. Also, my guy friends refuse to accept that girls poo? :confused: Obviously they know that we do but I think they think we **** rainbows or something. They try to gross us out by warning us not to use the toilet because they've just been in there or talk about the satisfaction of having a big poo as though we have never experienced it!

Period pains. But the worst is period pain in the first couple of days when you need a poo. It's SO SO painful and when you go to the toilet and do it it's just...gross. I'll leave it there :p: Sorry, this post has ended up being about poo!

I didn't know that guys could suck their balls into themselves? That's odd!

I didn't know we could either :confused: I must give that a try.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 666
Original post by danielnkwocha
I didn't know we could either :confused: I must give that a try.

Posted from TSR Mobile

If you think that's weird, you should learn about just where exactly drag queens put their penis when they do 'tucking'. :wink:
Original post by S_123
I didn't know that guys could suck their balls into themselves? That's odd!

I can't. Used to be able to but since I finished puberty it's just not possible.
Reply 668
Original post by HmMusic
Hmm, well there you go! Sometimes there are literally no pockets there though, just those flaps that look like pockets. That's still annoying :-P I will be checking my jeans for unpickable pockets in the future though! ^-^

Posted from TSR Mobile

I asked her about this she said its probably because things like jeggins would look weird without an outline of a pocket: "imagine if barbie suddenly had a bellybutton" < the point she actually gave as evidence. Plus imagine if they were gone you'd think you got faulty jeans cos they've been designed like that for so long.

I checked it on Wikipedia and it said the same thing about the pockets being the area that have the biggest stress. The cheaper the jeans the more likely the pockets aren't real cos they completely remove the stress factor so the jeans last longer.

It makes sense when you know why.
Reply 669
I don't wear jeggings though - or skinny jeans. In fact this is the exact reason why I always buy baggy/"boyfriend" fit, but even the pockets on those are rubbish. It makes sense though. A lot of sense. There must be a market for a design of women's trousers with real pockets!

Posted from TSR Mobile
loads of guys think mean girls is a top film
must say i agree
Why do girls show off their tits if they don't want men looking at them?
Original post by LonelyDemon
Why do girls show off their tits if they don't want men looking at them?

Because sometimes, especially for larger-breasted women, it's very hard to find clothes that aren't tight around the chest >.<
Original post by Jimbo1234
That's news to me. I have never heard of people doing that. Either they stick with it or are forced to changed due to a change in circumstances.

Odd. I know a fair few people who just got bored and took up something else instead.
Original post by aspirinpharmacist
Odd. I know a fair few people who just got bored and took up something else instead.

Your username has surely got to be in the top 10 best on the forum.

Quality.
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Your username has surely got to be in the top 10 best on the forum.

Quality.

Haha, thank you! I like it :biggrin:
That having D-cup and above boobs doesn't automatically mean you have GIGANTIC TITS!
Taking off your bra after having it on for a long time feels like this
tumblr_mdgf5fK0DA1r0rrji.gif
Original post by Bella_trixxx
Because sometimes, especially for larger-breasted women, it's very hard to find clothes that aren't tight around the chest >.<

THIS.

I have to wear men's t shirts if I don't want my boobs to be everywhere!
Original post by AtlasCanTakeIt
Jesus.

It's the onomatopoeia that gets me.

Words for sexual organs should always sound sexy.

Not stomach turning.

More cushion for the pushin.

Maybe that expression only works when I say it in my accent.

I never responded to this, and yes I agree! I don't think any genitalia can be sexy if its 'frothing' either :lol: And the expression works...just not when talking about Jabba. It's all about Chewy. :daydreaming:

Quick Reply