The Student Room Group

**[BOSTON BOMBINGS SUSPECTS]** - MIT Shooting|Shootouts And Explosions|Officer Dead

Scroll to see replies

Original post by FCI
i wouldnt trust fox to report the weather. theyll tell you next he is bin ladens love child next

Lol I am watching multiple news sources plus listening to scanner.
Now there is 'definite movement'.
They're going to launch an assault on the target in the boat. They better not kill him.
Tech is so amazing right now to keep up to speed - I'm just thinking of what it's going to be in 5 years and thereafter!

Got my iPad on my left, Nokia Lumia on the right, Laptop in front of me and Dell Tablet perched on top of it with multiple media and news streaming and showing! Haha, I really need "the future" to come now, so I can have one device showing a gazillion things at the same time!

Oh...gunshots heard at scene - Live WCVB

Popping sounds heard at the scene in Watertown, Mass. -
Original post by midnightice
They're going to launch an assault on the target in the boat. They better not kill him.

If he doesn't back down, then they might do - which will get us no justice. :frown:
Reply 225
Someone living nearby says they just heard lots of gunshots...
Reply 226
This has nearly been 24hrs.

Real life episode of 24.

Bauer :adore:
Reply 227
Original post by RtGOAT
Possibly. Bomb squad have sent in a robot.
i would go- flashbang-mp5-extra mag
Reply 228
your thinking of The Usual Supspects.
There should be a public outrage if he is killed. Justice must be served in the form of a trial. Yet another reason for US gun restrictions.
Original post by RtGOAT
This has nearly been 24hrs.

Real life episode of 24.

Bauer :adore:

Except there's no Bauer and a 19 year old has managed to elude the major alphabet agencies of the United States and hundreds of cops. :lol:
There should be a public outrage if he is killed. Justice must be served in the form of a trial. Yet another reason for US gun restrictions.

I entirely agree - because we need to know why he did what he did (unless of course he's just a crazed James Holmes-analogue, then we can't get anything out of him) - if he's shot and killed, that makes both suspects dead, with no explanation of their actions...
Reply 232

Bull****. This guy deserves to die. The only reason they should try to keep him alive is to get to the bottom of his motives, once they have that he should be killed as painfully as possible.

As for gun restrictions, if he is killed it would be by police officers acting in self defence, are you saying cops shouldn't be armed?

Further on gun restrictions, situations like this highlight the importance of the right to bare arms, had the police presence shrank and the homeowner noticed the suspect in their boat they have a fighting chance of defending themselves if they have guns.
Reply 233
Original post by HumanSupremacist
Except there's no Bauer and a 19 year old has managed to elude the major alphabet agencies of the United States and hundreds of cops. :lol:

Yeah Bauer would have sorted this **** by now.
Original post by RtGOAT
Bull****. This guy deserves to die. The only reason they should try to keep him alive is to get to the bottom of his motives, once they have that he should be killed as painfully as possible.

As for gun restrictions, if he is killed it would be by police officers acting in self defence, are you saying cops shouldn't be armed?

Further on gun restrictions, situations like this highlight the importance of the right to bare arms, had the police presence shrank and the homeowner noticed the suspect in their boat they have a fighting chance of defending themselves if they have guns.

I follow the 'innocent until proven guilty' principle. Shooting someone dead doesn't validate their guilt. What they've done is obviously terrible but ruthless policing is unnecessary.
Reply 235
I follow the 'innocent until proven guilty' principle. Shooting someone dead doesn't validate their guilt. What they've done is obviously terrible but ruthless policing is unnecessary.

Shooting at the police is proof enough.
Original post by RtGOAT
Yeah Bauer would have sorted this **** by now.

You're right. He would've. There's no doubt about that. :biggrin:
I a big gun control advocate, but if the cops need to shoot then they need to shoot. Self defence and they are qualified and empowered to do so and protect others.

This gentleman is shooting at officers. He has already killed one and together with his other gentlemanly brother put over a dozen cops in hospital. Not so gentlemanly is he? :pierre:
Curran: They have him. He is not going anywhere
by Neil Ungerleider/Staff 1:17 AM

As in, surrounded or captured?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending