The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1060
Original post by iamgreatness

[color="#333333"]Paul Adams, BBC World Service Correspondent, writes
Someone from CNN has just managed to get a glimpse of the boat, and heard officers shouting for the suspect to come out. The reporter didn't hear any response from inside the boat. This was minutes ago

0120: [color="#333333"]
ABC News update: "Eyewitness: Neighbour went to check boat behind his house today, saw blood, climbed up ladder to open boat's cover, saw a body, called police."

Why would you do that? Seriously "oh, some blood - I'll just check if the terrorist is inside... Oh he is now I'll call the police!"
Reply 1061
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
My understanding is that it's not actually breaking any laws. The police in the US are broadcasting unencrypted, and scanners are entirely legal. Equally, the 1st Amendment provides a very strong presumption against the police being able to shut this down.

Nixon couldn't even get a court order against publication by the New York Times of the Pentagon Papers, despite the fact that they were Top Secret and stolen.

We're not hearing SWAT or FBI radios. They operate on encrypted frequencies. This is just the BPD beat cops.

Interesting, I know nothing of US law at all, thanks.
Reply 1062
3 people taken into custody in New Bedford - Al Jazeera
Reply 1063
Original post by iamgreatness
why is there blood did he shoot himself

"Shots fired" earlier, also remember that massive shootout where the brother got killed?

I think the scanners are just not being used except for rubbish now
Please share.

Franklin Street, Watertown, Massachusetts, United States

Top right of the street on the Eastern end before the junction, there's a blue tarp partly hidden under a tree.

[Disclaimer: This location was general knowledge, given by the news companies]

EDIT: Sorry, seems I was wrong. Not far tho. Bottom corner of the street, southern side, second house up.

Here, the official image: http://news.bbcimg.co.uk/media/images/67124000/jpg/_67124704_017786936-1.jpg
(edited 11 years ago)
they're getting shields i wonder if they gona get swords too lol
Reply 1066
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
Tell me more about how much evidence has been collected that these attacks were motivated by religion?

You can keep living in your left wing/Islamo fantasy land.

I'll live in reality where Islam is on a global march for domination afflicting scores of countries with terrorism, insurgencies and outright war.

It's 'people' like you that would have asked us to 'prove' that every German we killed in WWII was a Nazi.

Your fantasy land means nothing to me. You're not a guardian of humanity. You're not someone that will progress it, defend it or protect it.

You're a nuisance in humanity. A nuisance that still needs to be protected.

So by all means flap your gums on the internet about rights and proof, whilst those that protect humanity and civilisation take out another rat.
Reply 1067
Scanner talking about sending the FBI HRT, does he have hostages?
Only the first post is.
Suspect in custody!!!!!!!!!
Suspect in custody.
Reply 1071
Suspect in custody, calls for medic.
did he just say suspect in custody? " MEDIC MEDIC"
67 Franklin Street, Watertown, MA.

There's amazing resolution on Google Maps. You can see the actual boat.
(edited 11 years ago)
67 Franklin Street, Watertown, MA.

There's amazing resolution on Google MapsGL

Yup.

And they got him!

(That moment when TSR is faster than BBC News...)
The breaking news has been in the last few posts. Generally, I take the title to mean 'latest developments: see last post'.
Sky News is still reporting that the suspect is hiding in a boat. Way behind the curve.
Suspect in custody

Of Course we can't be 100% sure it's white hat
Guardian reported a minute ago.

Edit: As Aurorae pointed out, BPD has tweeted it.
Oh, right!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending