The Student Room Group

BREAKING: Reports of multiple explosions at Boston Marathon leaving dozens wounded.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1080
Original post by HotfireLegend
Yup.

And they got him!

(That moment when TSR is faster than BBC News...)

Yeah i know its loads faster, I guess the BBC don't want to report info taken from the scanners??
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
I'd say Tamurlane's Youtube profile, with its many extremist Islamic videos, provides at the least, the most probable hypothesis.

I'm afraid I haven't heard of any such extremist videos other than a playlist called "terrorist" that is unviewable.

And it's perfectly valid as a hypothesis, however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar (who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does, and from what we know of his character, has no reason to 'hate the west') for being a "radical Islamist".

But we've got him now. We should be happy! Suspect is in custody, and he's alive. It's all over.
(edited 11 years ago)
Well, that's about enough excitement for me for one day :smile:

It's been like a four-day episode of Homeland. And I think it has been pretty revolutionary in terms of the way the public has responded and engaged in the story, internet denizens tracking every twist and turn live, crowdsourcing (however inaccurately) analysis of the visual data.... very interesting.
Original post by Hanvyj
Yeah i know its loads faster, I guess the BBC don't want to report info taken from the scanners??

Seems to be the case, they showed very little.
Yes
:biggrin:
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
I'm afraid I haven't heard of any such extremist videos other than a playlist called "terrorist" that is unviewable.

And it's perfectly valid as a hypothesis, however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar (who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does, and from what we know of his character, has no reason to 'hate the west') for being a "radical Islamist".

But we've got him now. We should be happy! Suspect is in custody, and he's alive. It's all over.

over for now. Until the next time.
however, this does not mean that it is religiously motivated as fact, and that we should "liquidate" Dzhokhar

Totally agree.

(who shows no signs of similarly strong faith as his brother does) for being a "radical Islamist".

Most definitely. I'm glad it was Dzhokar who survived, from everything we've read it almost seems like he must have been dragged into it by his older brother, and seemed like a nice guy.

What went wrong? I suppose we might well find out considering he's alive and not "liquidated" as childsit demanded.

(It is odd that we're referring to him by first name, that it's almost as though we know something of his personality.... all very novel)

Agreed :smile:
Original post by pinda.college
Yes
:biggrin:

what?
Reply 1088
It's all over.

I'm afraid it's far from over.
Original post by iamgreatness
why

Understand his motive, understand how such an event was able to happen, improve security, and most importantly give the victims a chance to understand why the suffered because of him. Then of course the obvious trial and punishment etc.
Original post by pinda.college
Understand his motive, understand how such an event was able to happen, improve security, and most importantly give the victims a chance to understand why the suffered because of him. Then of course the obvious trial and punishment etc.

Corporal Punishment......
Reply 1092
Gotta love the huge amount of comments about the "unimaginable danger" the sworn officers were in. Someone should get a grip on reality, thousands of people deal with far more dangerous stuff on a daily basis.
Liked that little speech at the end by the commissioner to the police on the radio

Thanks, but live videos seem to have stopped working for me for some reason.
Original post by itsmyname
Liked that little speech at the end by the commissioner to the police on the radio

What did he say?
Reply 1096
The dude is in for a federal death penalty btw but it's gonna take some 15 years and millions of dollars though.
And now we're already onto the next piece of news, a 6.9 Earthquake in China! Off I go!
Original post by AlexandrTheGreat
What did he say?

Can't remember Lol

Something along the lines of proud to have worked with such professionals who have worked hard during the last few days bla bla, like something out of a a Michael Bay movie :colondollar:
Also liked how someone later says "OK guys we'd like our shotguns back"

LMAO

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending