The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Most of the girls wore trousers at my school but we were allowed to wear skirts if they were knee length & if they were short we'd have to wear manky jogger bottoms from the p.e lost property as a punishment lol
Reply 21
Our school basically just had a "black or white" dress code, but the people wearing black jeans tended to get told off more often than the 13 year old girls with skirts so short you could see their Barbie knickers walking upstairs behind them :confused:
Reply 22
Original post by Alesha1991
I always wore short skirts when I was at school. I've got long legs & find it hard to get trousers that look right on me. My legs started growing around the time I started secondary school & I just ended up wearing skirts every day. I don't wear tights either because they irritate my skin. My school didn't really have a rule about skirt length and the majority of girls there either wore trousers or skirts with tights. They were pretty strict about hair dye, jewellery etc. I got into trouble a few times for dyeing my hair- I once nearly got excluded for having my hair dyed red. But they never made an issue about my skirt being too short

Chances are your existence in that school must have pressured/influenced your peers which drived/yearned them to wear short skirts.

BESIDES, your excuse for short skirts is LAME.

Maybe you are not an airhead, but don't tell me you are intelligent!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 23
Original post by RedArrow
I hope we can all agree such girls are airheads and DEF unintelligent?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Of course not.

Basically all the girls in my school wore short skirts when we had uniform, even the intelligent ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 24
Yes, dress code is strict, it's a public school so girls <16 have to wear very long skirts (like mid-shin long) and in sixth form they have to wear women business dress (if they wear a skirt version of it, it is meant to be knee long but everything sensible up to 3 inches above the knee is tolerated).
For guys it's school blazer & trousers for <16s, smart suits of own choice in 6th form.
Reply 25
Original post by YMLT
Of course not.

Basically all the girls in my school wore short skirts when we had uniform, even the intelligent ones.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'll rephrase, Such girls (Rollin up their skirt or whatever) are Airheads...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 26
At my school it was skirts only for girls. But one problem we had was when you'd buy a skirt at the start of the year, but by the end of the year you'd have grown and it'd be a couple of inches shorter. I always wore a pleated skirt so it wasn't so bad though.
Reply 27
Original post by rosee92
At my school it was skirts only for girls. But one problem we had was when you'd buy a skirt at the start of the year, but by the end of the year you'd have grown and it'd be a couple of inches shorter. I always wore a pleated skirt so it wasn't so bad though.

Couldn't you just pull it down a bit?
Reply 28
Original post by RedArrow
I'll rephrase, Such girls (Rollin up their skirt or whatever) are Airheads...

Posted from TSR Mobile

Not in my experience.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Original post by Pink lipstick
Every morning as im walking to college i see high school girls (majority) wearing REALLY short skirts , some of them so short that their blazers are as long (if that makes sense). Many of them don't look >16 years and its quite worrying that their parents let them out of the house in such short skirts. I didn't go to high school here in uk and i'm just wondering if there aren't any particularly strict dress code rules at school? I've read a few articles about students getting kicked out for dyeing their hair a particular colour or wearing the wrong shoes but is this sort of thing ignored? Was the dress code strict in your high school?

Our school fixed that problem by having a polo t-shirt and trousers uniform.
Only issue then was that the polo t-shirts were see through :colone:
Chances are your existence in that school must have pressured/influenced your peers which drived/yearned them to wear short skirts.

That's not true actually. As I mentioned before a lot of girls preferred trousers or skirts with tights. I was one of the few girls wearing a short skirt with bare legs all year round.

BESIDES, your excuse for short skirts is LAME.

Maybe you are not an airhead, but don't tell me you are intelligent!

Why should I have to make excuses for what I wear. I find it hard to get trousers that suit my figure well & even mid length skirts look short on me. I really don't see where you get the idea you can judge someone's intelligence based on their clothing choices.
Original post by Pink lipstick
Every morning as im walking to college i see high school girls (majority) wearing REALLY short skirts , some of them so short that their blazers are as long (if that makes sense). Many of them don't look >16 years and its quite worrying that their parents let them out of the house in such short skirts. I didn't go to high school here in uk and i'm just wondering if there aren't any particularly strict dress code rules at school? I've read a few articles about students getting kicked out for dyeing their hair a particular colour or wearing the wrong shoes but is this sort of thing ignored? Was the dress code strict in your high school?

Went to a Catholic Secondary School so had to wear skirts... Won't lie... I went through the phase of rolling up my skirt. ._.
Anyway, then we started to tuck shirts into everything so skirts got longer...
*sigh* My school was really strict though, no "extreme hair colours/styles", no nail varnish, no leggings, trainers, no gum...

Not sure about the mini skirt thing, most girls wear shorts underneath so...
Yeah. ^_^
Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 32
Original post by Alesha1991
That's not true actually. As I mentioned before a lot of girls preferred trousers or skirts with tights. I was one of the few girls wearing a short skirt with bare legs all year round.

Why should I have to make excuses for what I wear. I find it hard to get trousers that suit my figure well & even mid length skirts look short on me. I really don't see where you get the idea you can judge someone's intelligence based on their clothing choices.

#1: read my initial post abt yr existence again.

#2: you like miniskirts, so conveniently dismissing trousers as it don't suit your "figure".

Airhead

Posted from TSR Mobile
Girls at my school wear their skirts pretty short. They're supposed to be knee length but they allow them a bit higher. If they're too short and a member of senior staff sees it they'll make them make it longer. My school isn't too strict though about skirts, they are about everything else!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 35
Original post by HumanSupremacist

loooooooooooool.

But yeah, much as I love mini skirts, I hated seeing 12 year olds rolling them up to make them as short as possible :zomg: so wrong.
Reply 36
Not sure about girl students but certain women teachers should definitely try it. :sexface:
(edited 11 years ago)
They leave the house with their skirt at a respectable length, then they roll it up.
Reply 38
look, just talk to him about - im sure he'll understand
My school brought out weighted skirts that you couldn't roll up the year after I didn't have to wear the uniform anymore, thank god :lol:

Latest