The Student Room Group
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling

Geddes Court

Hey, I was just wondering if anyone else is moving into Geddes court in September? Would be nice to get to know some people.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hi,

I just got an offer for 'Room 3/28' in Geddes Court. Probably I will accept it :smile:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 2
Hi, I'm in room 3/6 Geddes Court:biggrin:
Reply 3
Original post by SarahC94
Hi, I'm in room 3/6 Geddes Court:biggrin:

We are on the same floor :biggrin: Where do you come from?
I'm in room 5/2 :frown: all those stairs haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by Patrikk
We are on the same floor :biggrin: Where do you come from?

I'm from Paisley, it's only 40 mins from Stirling and I'll be doing English Studies. What about you? :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by SarahC94
I'm from Paisley, it's only 40 mins from Stirling and I'll be doing English Studies. What about you? :smile:

I come from Hungary, and I'll be doing Sociology and Spanish :smile:
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 7
Hey, im room 3/10 Geddes court!
3/6 and 3/10 will be in the same kitchen on the west side, 3/28 will be on the second kitchen on the west side (:

so cazmac19 and sarahc94, you two should make friends, you'll be basically living together for 9 months.

I'm in geddes atm so I thought i'd stick my nose in (:

5/2 is up with the international/independant (not "young" ie, 21 and above) students, but there will be a few younger students up there too. The majority of the 5th floor changes each semester as exchange students leave and more arrive. (:
Original post by catchingROBYNN
3/6 and 3/10 will be in the same kitchen on the west side, 3/28 will be on the second kitchen on the west side (:

so cazmac19 and sarahc94, you two should make friends, you'll be basically living together for 9 months.

I'm in geddes atm so I thought i'd stick my nose in (:

5/2 is up with the international/independant (not "young" ie, 21 and above) students, but there will be a few younger students up there too. The majority of the 5th floor changes each semester as exchange students leave and more arrive. (:

Thank you so much :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
Hey i'm room 3/1 Geddes, not sure where that actually is haha
Original post by AnnaLB1

Third floor 1st room

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
haha i wasnt sure either! is their a lift cos ive heard of the stairs being a nightmare carrying suitcases etc haha
Reply 13
Yeah i meant more i don't know if that means if i'm in the same kitchen as anyone here? Didn't even think about how hard shifting stuff up the stairs is going to be, not looking forward to that!
Original post by cazmac19
haha i wasnt sure either! is their a lift cos ive heard of the stairs being a nightmare carrying suitcases etc haha

There's no lift and the car park isn't exactly close to the door, have fun on move in day!

On a more positive note, floor 3 is the first floor as the ground floor is floor 2.

Posted from TSR Mobile
AnnaLB1, you'll be in the same kitchen as cazmac19 and sarahc94. West side, first half (:

The stairs aren't as bad as most people think. I'm on fourth floor, and it was a bit of work, but it's just the same as any normal stairs. If you're on fifth, have fun, haha!!

You enter on the second floor, and then from there it's 3, 4 and 5. 1st floor has a separate door and is residential services.

My recommendation for move in day is get there early, park the car in the lay-by thing out front, and get everything upstairs. Don't bother unpacking everything, just anything essential. Keep an eye on your kitchen, so you can meet the people you're living with, they'll tend to gather there at some point during the day.

AnnaLB1, cazmac19 and sarahc94, get each other on facebook, you'll be living together for 9 months.
Reply 16
ok thanks, sooo not looking forward to carrying everything haha!!!
Original post by cazmac19
ok thanks, sooo not looking forward to carrying everything haha!!!

You're only on the third floor, so you only have to get it up 15 steps at most!! Nothing to worry about!!
Original post by ThomasCrawford92
I'm in room 5/2 :frown: all those stairs haha!

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in room 5/1! Hi there neighbour!
Reply 19
Original post by AnnaLB1

One of my best mates was in there this year. Let's just say that he was male, but that room hasn't been short of female presence.

In terms of where it is, it's the first room on third floor, which is in west wing. It overlooks the area outside Geddes, so it looks over toward east wing. Although it's third floor, it's only one floor up from where you enter Geddes.

Quick Reply