The Student Room Group

A Level students,how many exam do you have in June?

Scroll to see replies

Original post by study beats
oh ok, i will try examsolutions.....but i dont like khan academys weird american style of teaching and language, no offensive to americans though....

I love khanacademy because it goes into undergrad depth at time.
Original post by reubenkinara

yeah i like his science explanation videos and everything else, but his maths teaching can get confusing sometimes if your not familiar with the method and style he uses
yeah i like his science explanation videos and everything else, but his maths teaching can get confusing sometimes if your not familiar with the method and style he uses

I feel exactly the same! some videos are great but most are quite confusing for A level material. Maybe ill have another look when studying my degree haha :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 603
Original post by shyamshah
AS student, 9 exams with 4 on one day!

Posted from TSR Mobile

May God show mercy on you my friend. Thoughts with you! :eek:
Just wondering if all these people with 10+ exams are in year 12 or year 13... If they are in year 13 that's an immense amount of pressure & good luck.

In my AS year I had 8 (including 2 resits) and they were spaced out in two weeks. I don't think I ever had two exams on the same day, though

I have 5, my friend has 3 but she does all essay based subjects: History, Politics & English Lit...

My five are:
Maths: C3, C4, S1 (resit)
Economics: Unit 4
History: Unit 3

First exam is S1 on the 24th May and last exam is C4 on the 18th June... Can't wait for it to be over! Need AAA for LSE :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 605
I heard that if you have more than 3 exams on one day, you have to stay at Teachers house over night, have no internet access (incl mobile phone) and then sit your last exam the next day!! IS THIS TRUE?!! Or just a rumour?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 606
Original post by Ren_9
I heard that if you have more than 3 exams on one day, you have to stay at Teachers house over night, have no internet access (incl mobile phone) and then sit your last exam the next day!! IS THIS TRUE?!! Or just a rumour?

Posted from TSR Mobile

True. I have known it to happen.
Original post by Ren_9

Posted from TSR Mobile

I dont think all schools apply to this rule though, my friend has over 7 hours of exams on one day and the exams office at my school is making him start at 7am.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Tackla
May God show mercy on you my friend. Thoughts with you! :eek:

Thank you :wink: quite worried tbh but should be alright hopefully

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by reubenkinara

KSI is that you? :eek:
I got 12 papers this June. Did no papers in Jan...:mad:
Reply 611
Don't know if I've already posted... but I have S1 in May, and then 6 A2 exams in June. (2 for each subject).

A couple exams are only a day apart, but considering my timetable last year where I had 4 exams scheduled for the same morning, this year's is a godsend.
Reply 612
Original post by Ren_9

Posted from TSR Mobile

The three exams bit is wrong, as I had four in one day last year. I was told it was 6 hours and then you have the option to continue the rest of the exams the next day. Whether this is a rule, or an option, I'm not sure. But if it did happen, you would have to enter some form of isolation overnight. No communication with peers, no internet, no mobile etc - nothing which could mean gaining the answers or questions in advance.

I have heard of people going to teacher's houses, however when my school did it to a couple candidates last year, they were allowed to go home to their own houses. Their parents had to sign a serious document saying they had to monitor their child and disallow usage of communication devices. I'm sure there was a clause stating that if any evidence was found to suggest they hadn't followed orders, their child would be disqualified from that exam, and potentially the whole subject exams or even all exams sat that year.

To be honest it was enough of an incentive! They obeyed without a doubt - much better than staying at a teachers house.
Original post by ScarlettFierce
Just wondering if all these people with 10+ exams are in year 12 or year 13... If they are in year 13 that's an immense amount of pressure & good luck.

In my AS year I had 8 (including 2 resits) and they were spaced out in two weeks. I don't think I ever had two exams on the same day, though

I have 5, my friend has 3 but she does all essay based subjects: History, Politics & English Lit...

My five are:
Maths: C3, C4, S1 (resit)
Economics: Unit 4
History: Unit 3

First exam is S1 on the 24th May and last exam is C4 on the 18th June... Can't wait for it to be over! Need AAA for LSE :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in year 13 and have 11 exams to try and get me the grades I need for university, they're asking for A*A*A 2 and my exams start on the 13th of May and finish on the 25th of June, this should be a good deal of fun :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 614
2 AS exams and 11 A2 exams:
Chem1
Chem2
Chem4
Chem5
Core4
Mechanics2
Mechanics3
Mechanics4
Mechanics5
General Studies3
General Studies4 phew
Reply 615
1 for ICT
Original post by Aqib7
2 AS exams and 11 A2 exams:
Chem1
Chem2
Chem4
Chem5
Core4
Mechanics2
Mechanics3
Mechanics4
Mechanics5
General Studies3
General Studies4 phew

wooooooaaah, bloody hell mate
Reply 617
wooooooaaah, bloody hell mate

Tell me about it 4 are retakes though so they don't require much revision as well as general studies which I won't revise for.
Original post by Aqib7
Tell me about it 4 are retakes though so they don't require much revision as well as general studies which I won't revise for.

what exam boards are they??
Reply 619
what exam boards are they??

Aqa and edexcel for general studies

Quick Reply

Latest