The Student Room Group

AQA GCSE - Unit 3 (P3,B3,C3) New specification papers.

Scroll to see replies

What are the tests for halides??????
Original post by Captain Anonymous
double circultaion is basically means the heart pumps blood in 2 diffferent ways and for 2 different areas. From the lungs to the heart and from the heart to the body

Correct so far, but didn't answer why we need it.

For halide ions, add dilute nitric acid and then silver nitrate solution.
Chlorine will give a white ppt, bromine a cream one and iodine a yellow one.
Don't mean to keep blabbing on about the ISA's but this is my last question, i promise.
How much can you write on the notes page. For example, can i write my full method and then copy it out on the paper directly?
Original post by Kill3er
Don't mean to keep blabbing on about the ISA's but this is my last question, i promise.
How much can you write on the notes page. For example, can i write my full method and then copy it out on the paper directly?

it should be note form - but most people write the whole thing out :colondollar:
it should be note form - but most people write the whole thing out :colondollar:

Yeah, that's what i was thinking.
Our teachers seem to allow it.

Thanks.
pleasure, same my teacher don't really care :L
pleasure, same my teacher don't really care :L

But what about when they get moderated. If they make the couple that get sent off redo their notes page i guess it will be okay. But if not, are we done for?
Original post by Kill3er
But what about when they get moderated. If they make the couple that get sent off redo their notes page i guess it will be okay. But if not, are we done for?

I dunno, but I made one of my ISA sources up.
Original post by NightStrider
I dunno, but I made one of my ISA sources up.

Haven't made any of mine up, but some of the websites i've used are no longer working :L Guess there's nothing i can do now.
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could perhaps explain how the split ring commutator works (P3-Motor effect)---> I don't get how it works generally/ reverses the current? :confused:

Also why do we add acids to the halide and sulphate ion tests...(C3)
Original post by MsRaindrop
Hey guys,

I was wondering if anyone here could perhaps explain how the split ring commutator works (P3-Motor effect)---> I don't get how it works generally/ reverses the current? :confused:

Also why do we add acids to the halide and sulphate ion tests...(C3)

Lets say one side of the wire is currently on the positive side. - it is positive. It spins, and when it moves to the other side note how it goes from being connected to positive to negative. Thus, the current has been reversed.
Dunno really if there's anything wrong with ISA's it our teachers/ school that will get in trouble not us :smile:
Dunno really if there's anything wrong with ISA's it our teachers/ school that will get in trouble not us :smile:

Umm..not to bother u or anything but can u help me on my section 2 of my chemistry isa i have it on monday..and i didnt know about it so im doomed
Original post by Kill3er
Haven't made any of mine up, but some of the websites i've used are no longer working :L Guess there's nothing i can do now.

Don't worry, my websites were 'generic' by that I mean it was simply an adresss (www.123helpme.com), this is all required from the url, and just the AQA Chemistry Book published by Nelson Thornes etc... That will be sufficient for the marks.
Reply 1155
Hi guys! i actually found these podcasts for all the sciences.. - following the exact spec..they are really helpful tbh - just refresh of all the stuff.

Unfortunately, i can't attach them here as the files are quite big but, if you guys want i am able to email them to you. :smile:
Original post by Arshii
Hi guys! i actually found these podcasts for all the sciences.. - following the exact spec..they are really helpful tbh - just refresh of all the stuff.

Unfortunately, i can't attach them here as the files are quite big but, if you guys want i am able to email them to you. :smile:

That would be great!

To solve the problem of not being able to attach the files, you could upload them to a public Dropbox folder and then just post the link.
Reply 1157
Original post by Joe7
That would be great!

To solve the problem of not being able to attach the files, you could upload them to a public Dropbox folder and then just post the link.

Okay!
Have made an account on dropbox where I have uploaded the files..
Go on: www.dropbox.com

Username: [email protected]
Password: password

You should find the files there and able to download them.
Hope you find them useful :smile:
Original post by Arshii
Okay!
Have made an account on dropbox where I have uploaded the files..
Go on: www.dropbox.com

Username: [email protected]
Password: password

You should find the files there and able to download them.
Hope you find them useful :smile:

Downloaded, thanks SO much
Reply 1159

Add silver nitrate solution to nitric acid. Then add the substance. Then if a white precipitate is formed then there is a chloride ion present, if pale yellow then iodine ion present and if cream then bromide ion present.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending