The Student Room Group

Doctor Who - Discussion Thread III (no untagged future spoilers)

Scroll to see replies

Just about to catch up on tonight's episode but thought I'd comment now, before I forget (again), on the new opening sequence.

It's fantastic!

There, done. Now to watch the episode and hope the Doctor isn't going to be too goofy and/or wacky.

Spoiler

I really enjoyed the episode tonight - The Doctor never fails to disappoint me! Loved the reference to Metabilis - going right back to the 3rd Doctor! I love how many references there are to the original 'Who :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I found it ok, but was far too silly with the Doctor jumping onto Tardis and the monster.

I preferred Clara's introduction episode.
I wonder if that reference to the eye of harmony is significant. This is what it is according to wikipedia: the Eye of Harmony is an artificial black hole created by the Time Lords to provide energy for their home world of Gallifrey and their time travel technology.
Reply 605
Original post by Miracle Day
The Doctor's name is..

Spoiler

Oh come on now, that's just a alias that the doctor uses, it isn't actually his name. Please tell me you weren't being serious. :rolleyes:
Reply 606
Original post by Dragonrage973
I wonder if that reference to the eye of harmony is significant. This is what it is according to wikipedia: the Eye of Harmony is an artificial black hole created by the Time Lords to provide energy for their home world of Gallifrey and their time travel technology.

I don't remember a reference to the eye of harmony?
Reply 607
Original post by DW Fan.
Oh come on now, that's just a alias that the doctor uses, it isn't actually his name. Please tell me you weren't being serious. :rolleyes:

Did you not see the latest spoiler about the new series :zomg:

It's a double bluff type thing.
Reply 608
Original post by Aula

No? :eek:
Reply 609
Original post by DW Fan.
No? :eek:

:shh: Don't tell too many people though.
Original post by DW Fan.

It was when he was setting up that thingy to open the wormhole.
Original post by DW Fan.

On BBC iPlayer it's at 27:45 The Doctor answers Clara's question "what is that?" with "subset of the Eye of Harmony"
Reply 612
"The Doctor has a piece of ice lodged in his heart". Could be a metaphor for his attraction to the Christmas Clara or literal.
Original post by DW Fan.

Given the fact that people have been suggesting silly names.. what do you think?
Reply 614
Wasn't the eye of harmony featured in the Paul Mcgann movie????
Reply 615
Original post by Rakas21
"The Doctor has a piece of ice lodged in his heart". Could be a metaphor for his attraction to the Christmas Clara or literal.

I was intrigued by this comment.

It made me think of the snow queen story - There is a magic mirror that breaks, and splinters/slivers end up in peoples eyes and hearts, distorting everything they see, so they see only the bad and ugly. Probably no link at all, but it could be interesting.

Also, her umbrella was very red.
Original post by Aula

I want to know that spoiler.
Am I the only one who thought of The Master? When the professor and Emma were narrating about the ghost story, they mentioned something about Saxon stories, and then they told about that dreadful knocking, chasing the ghost. I just couldn't help linking it. :biggrin:
Original post by Aula
I was intrigued by this comment.

It made me think of the snow queen story - There is a magic mirror that breaks, and splinters/slivers end up in peoples eyes and hearts, distorting everything they see, so they see only the bad and ugly. Probably no link at all, but it could be interesting.

Also, her umbrella was very red.

I don't think the comment was literal- ice refers to the coldness/darkness of the Doctor I think and is probably leading up to the revealing of his name

Spoiler

Original post by Dalek1099

Spoiler

:facepalm: :facepalm2:

Quick Reply

Latest