I firmed Edinburgh for MA Economics. Anyone here doing Economics? :smile:
Student at University of Edinburgh
University of Edinburgh
Reply 141
Original post by lorna19
I'm an LLB firmer too!

Original post by billmollysookie
Ooh exciting, have you got conditions? :biggrin:

No, I was really lucky and got an unconditional offer. So excited for starting in September! What about you guys :-D?
Reply 142
Original post by sershxxx
No, I was really lucky and got an unconditional offer. So excited for starting in September! What about you guys :-D?

Good job on the unconditional! Are we all starting 13 Sept then?

Unconditional as well :biggrin: are you Scottish?
Reply 144
Unconditional as well :biggrin: are you Scottish?

Original post by GreenTeen
Good job on the unconditional! Are we all starting 13 Sept then?

Thanks very much! Congratulations to both of you as well. Yes, I'm Scottish (but born in Ireland originally) :-). How about you two?
Are you guys on the Facebook group?
Thanks very much! Congratulations to both of you as well. Yes, I'm Scottish (but born in Ireland originally) :-). How about you two?

Scottish too, Yeah I'm Rachel :biggrin:
Reply 146
Scottish too, Yeah I'm Rachel :biggrin:

Cool, I'm Saoirse but everyone just calls me Sersh which is both easier to pronounce and spell for that matter :-)
Are you planning on staying in halls in first year?
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by czlowiekskurwiel
I've created a group on facebook, "Edinurgh Firmers 2013", it's an open group, so everyone can just join :smile: here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/149198821925655/ :biggrin:

Joined! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 148
Original post by czlowiekskurwiel
I've created a group on facebook, "Edinurgh Firmers 2013", it's an open group, so everyone can just join :smile: here's the link: https://www.facebook.com/groups/149198821925655/ :biggrin:

Joined and thanks to the admin that approved my request :-D
Reply 149

Half English/French, the latter half being the reason I can afford to go to uni in Scotland. :biggrin:
Currently living in Geneva, but looking forward to a British social life again.
Reply 150
Half English/French, the latter half being the reason I can afford to go to uni in Scotland. :biggrin:
Currently living in Geneva, but looking forward to a British social life again.

Aw wow :-D. Are you bilingual, I take it?
How long have you lived abroad for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by UPSDGoat
I applied for Beaverbank, IQ Fountainbridge and Blackfriars Street as my third choice, I'm a bit concerned about the noise at Blackfriars since it's on the Cowgate but I'm not that sound sensitive when I'm sleeping so I should be okay

I never realised you applied for Beaverbank as your first option... this is fab! Hopefully we both get the accommodation because we can travel to lectures together etc... i'm hopeless with directions etc!
Original post by Bobilina
I never realised you applied for Beaverbank as your first option... this is fab! Hopefully we both get the accommodation because we can travel to lectures together etc... i'm hopeless with directions etc!

tbh because of the distance I never looked that much into it beforehand :L but when I looked into it I had to put it down as number 1 :biggrin:

EDIT: btw have you joined the facebook group? o: I feel lonely being the only Maths person there
(edited 11 years ago)
tbh because of the distance I never looked that much into it beforehand :L but when I looked into it I had to put it down as number 1 :biggrin:

Yeah the distance put me off at first but it's not far on the bus! Plus it has so many rooms that there will be enough people there that you don't need to be on campus all the time! and its just beautiful, the kitchen does it for me!! My heart shaped plates will fit in just perfectly :tongue:
Reply 154
Aw wow :-D. Are you bilingual, I take it?
How long have you lived abroad for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well funnily enough I'm actually bilingual English/German, not French :smile: because I lived in Germany for 2 years. But I've been living in Geneva for 3 years now, since my dad got a job teaching at the international school (hence my lack of fluency in French and the fact that we don't speak it at home, unfortunately). You speak any foreign languages? I'm looking to learning some Italian once exams are over.
Original post by Bobilina
Yeah the distance put me off at first but it's not far on the bus! Plus it has so many rooms that there will be enough people there that you don't need to be on campus all the time! and its just beautiful, the kitchen does it for me!! My heart shaped plates will fit in just perfectly :tongue:

tbh it was the little shelves above the bed which does it for me..., I was like "omg, all the things I could put in there, that's awesome!!!" :L
Reply 156
Well funnily enough I'm actually bilingual English/German, not French :smile: because I lived in Germany for 2 years. But I've been living in Geneva for 3 years now, since my dad got a job teaching at the international school (hence my lack of fluency in French and the fact that we don't speak it at home, unfortunately). You speak any foreign languages? I'm looking to learning some Italian once exams are over.

Oh wow! English and a little French. I almost applied for Law with French actually but decided against it in the end. Oh wow I'd love to learn Italian. It sounds like such a beautiful language :-). Are you doing law on it's own or with any other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 157
Oh wow! English and a little French. I almost applied for Law with French actually but decided against it in the end. Oh wow I'd love to learn Italian. It sounds like such a beautiful language :-). Are you doing law on it's own or with any other subjects?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Oh I'm not applying for law, Sustainable Energy Engineering for me :smile: I'm not a quick enough thinker to be a lawyer.
Reply 158
Oh I'm not applying for law, Sustainable Energy Engineering for me :smile: I'm not a quick enough thinker to be a lawyer.

Oh so sorry - I'm getting mixed up with all the posts on this thread. Oh wow that sounds really interesting! Yes but it sounds like your course employs a whole host of different skills :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
tbh it was the little shelves above the bed which does it for me..., I was like "omg, all the things I could put in there, that's awesome!!!" :L

Oh wow that made me laugh... that you chose your Accommodation based upon the built in shelves on the bed! What happens if yours for some reason does not? :tongue:

Latest

Trending

Trending