The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Great to see Carrick on there. Best central midfielder this season.

If Rafael qualifies for the young player award, he should definitely be on the shortlist.
Picked up a ticket in todays ballot for the Swansea game, the title presentation that will follow that match if we've clinched it any time before the end of that match. Great stuff. It's going to be one hell of a party all day!
Amazed Rafael hasn't been included in the Young Player of the Year award, been consistent this season.
What would happen if both Man utd and Man city won this week's games they play in, but next week man city loose to west ham on the saturday? Would it mean Man utd are crowned champions in the emirates stadium v.s Arsenal on sunday definitely-even if they loose?
Original post by MEPLUS-->YOU
What would happen if both Man utd and Man city won this week's games they play in, but next week man city loose to west ham on the saturday? Would it mean Man utd are crowned champions in the emirates stadium v.s Arsenal on sunday definitely-even if they loose?

if they lost against west ham.. they would have 4 games left, so thats 12 points, and a total of 83,

Before the arsenal game, united would be on 84...

So yep...
Reply 2765
Original post by fallen_acorns
if they lost against west ham.. they would have 4 games left, so thats 12 points, and a total of 83,

Before the arsenal game, united would be on 84...

So yep...

Its very simple...
All we need is 2 wins to secure the title....Aston Villa and Arsenal (we win the title at Arsenal) but if City lose against spurs and we beat villa on Monday then we win the title on Monday at villa.
(edited 11 years ago)
Really hope we give Ferdinand a new deal. Would also like to see Jones deployed in midfield more - obviously in a 4-2-3-1.
I don't like seeing Jones in midfield, he's a blunt force object. Acceptable when we are outclassed like Madrid but a pretty desperate choice against the likes of Villa.
Reply 2768
Man utd are a top class midfielder away from dominating Europe
Original post by elgon_

Not at all lol we need a world class winger to to even stand a chance of 'dominating' europe the way our wingers are playing at the moment
United aren't European pedigree atm, as much as it pains me to say it.
Original post by elgon_

Must be joking

Posted from TSR Mobile
SAf confirmed Fabio will be part of squad next season
From the daily mail:
Ferguson may strengthen his team in the summer to mount a stronger Champions League challenge.

United have already signed £15million Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace and been linked with Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski and Radamel Falcao of Atletico Madrid.

'When big signings are mentioned, the players you are talking about are normally forwards, but it's complicated enough with the forwards I've got,' said Ferguson.

'It depends on who's available.'Ferguson may strengthen his team in the summer to mount a stronger Champions League challenge.

United have already signed £15million Wilfried Zaha from Crystal Palace and been linked with Borussia Dortmund forward Robert Lewandowski and Radamel Falcao of Atletico Madrid.

'When big signings are mentioned, the players you are talking about are normally forwards, but it's complicated enough with the forwards I've got,' said Ferguson.

'It depends on who's available.'Ferguson may strengthen his team in the summer to mount a stronger Champions League challenge.

'It depends on who's available.'

I think what he is trying to say is that when ever we are linked with big name players, rumours tend to be around big name-expensive players that are dominantly as attacking sort of players/forwards. But he is trying to point out that we need players that not forwards/attacking as we already have enough (when he said 'complicated'). So I think he finally acknowledges we need a midfielder/defender/left winger, and if player is available then we will see...
Reply 2774
Hopefully Spurs do us a favour today.
Reply 2775
Original post by Akkuz
Hopefully Spurs do us a favour today.

i hope they get 4th over crappy arsenal.
Original post by Jamiesonn

Not really, the only thing missing in their game is a top class midfielder. Tell me a part of their team that isn't good enough for europe? Fair enough the wingers have been terrible this season but we've seen earlier that they can be devastating on top form(see valencia last season, nani the season before) and zaha is no mug either, he'll step up clearly... their game would be devastating if they could control the midfield better with a roy keane type player and a carrick replacement for squad depth.
Original post by jam277
Not really, the only thing missing in their game is a top class midfielder. Tell me a part of their team that isn't good enough for europe? Fair enough the wingers have been terrible this season but we've seen earlier that they can be devastating on top form(see valencia last season, nani the season before) and zaha is no mug either, he'll step up clearly... their game would be devastating if they could control the midfield better with a roy keane type player and a carrick replacement for squad depth.
I still think the word dominating makes is wrong. We are 1 top class midfielder away from being a force in Europe, but dominating? Dominating implies reaching the semis is a formality, sweeping aside teams, much like Barca at their peak. We are a way off that.
Original post by Tommyjw
SAf confirmed Fabio will be part of squad next season

What do you think about this? I don't think fabio has proven himself yet. So what will that mean for other players? Buttner on loan probably and evra still no.1 LB?
Original post by doggyfizzel
I still think the word dominating makes is wrong. We are 1 top class midfielder away from being a force in Europe, but dominating? Dominating implies reaching the semis is a formality, sweeping aside teams, much like Barca at their peak. We are a way off that.

Fair enough here. Dominating is kinda over the top but if you had a top quality midfielder I wouldn't be surprised to see you win it next season.

Latest