The Student Room Group

Are You Saving Sex For Marriage?

Scroll to see replies

Reply 180
Original post by parhanabegum@hotma
I waited to have sex after marriage because I believe it is the right thing to do. Also, it's not fun when you've already had the experience before marriage. When it's within marriage, it's more special because you're spending the rest of your life with someone who will always be there for you. It's within a stable relationship. Not with someone who will sleep with you then might dump you in a couple of months time just because they got bored. I'm glad I waited because it feels special with my husband. It's your choice; do what you feel is right. :smile:

But... sex with my boyfriend is special too?

We've been together for a while, don't think he's going anywhere, but even if he did, at least we enjoyed ourselves?

I don't really "get" the idea of waiting; sex/making love/other such horrible phrases for it, is a sign of affection, intimacy and trust... none of which are exclusive to marriage.

Plus, if a person waited to get married to have sex, they might never have sex, and that would be completely rubbish.
Reply 181
I've not waited until marriage, no. But I did wait for the right person at this point in my life, my current boyfriend. He's my first ever boyfriend and we were officially together for 11 weeks before we had any kind of sex, because i didn't feel ready before this point- definitely a patient and considerate guy, definitely worth the wait.

I think its a huge commitment, saving yourself for marriage. Pretty admirable though I suppose. I don't regret sex before marriage, I wouldn't want to have been married at 17.
No. Marriage doesn't really mean a lot to me at the moment, unless it's LGBT marriage, and that's only for reasons of equality. I'm not bothered about marriage, as long as I'm in a happy relationship with someone of either gender then it's fine.
Reply 183
Original post by gagaslilmonsteruk
No. Marriage doesn't really mean a lot to me at the moment, unless it's LGBT marriage, and that's only for reasons of equality. I'm not bothered about marriage, as long as I'm in a happy relationship with someone of either gender then it's fine.

So in short, sex-before-marriage means little to you. That's the answer, there - except if it's a "LGBT marriage", in which case it might presumably mean something after all.

You're confused. This sex-before-marriage issue does not apply to gays; it applies only and exclusively to heterosexual unions, so that was your "out" right there. This argument does therefore not apply to you. No lesbian or gay couple in the Great British Isles is waiting for the new legislation to pass, without which they will presumably lead sexless lives.

This was posted from The Student Room's iPhone/iPad App
Reply 184
Yes, I've been squirrelling away sex here and there in time for marriage; but I'm just not sure I've saving enough :frown:
Reply 185
Original post by StarGazie
Yes, I've been squirrelling away sex here and there in time for marriage; but I'm just not sure I've saving enough :frown:

Have you considered an ISA? That way you're not taxed on your sex.
The way my boyfriend and I feel about each other means we are very close intimately and have had sex. Neither of us are religious and we don't want to get married at the moment and even if we did, we don't have the money. I think associating sex with marriage is a bit old-fashioned now. Lots of couples, even religious ones, don't get married but are long term partners and have children. My mum is religious but she says she wishes she'd not waited til she got married before having sex. She said she wishes she'd learnt more about herself before getting married.
Reply 187
Yes, but I'm just practicing so I can be perfect for my wife... Who must be a virgin.
Sex after marriage only :u:
yep :smile: virgin, in a 1 year 1/4 long amazing relationship and we both want to wait til marriage :smile: (i'm not religious, my girlfriend is muslim but she doesn't want to wait for religious reasons) :smile:
No, I like to try before I buy :ahee:
I must say I don't really believe in this notion. I would personally question whether it is viable in this day and age because there's such a variety of sexual tendencies out there now that I don't think you know someone well enough to make such a big commitment until you have had sex with them. Also once you enter your first physical relationship you're going to be asking yourself a lot of questions and whether you like it or not... you WILL wonder if the grass is greener on the other side so to speak so I think it's definitely better to establish that level of intimacy and experience that side of the relationship before you can really set it in stone.
I would prefer to save sex until marriage but if the right girl happened to come along and I really liked her then it would be hard for me to resist...
Original post by ForgetMe
Sex after marriage only :u:

Thank you! I agree
Reply 194
Original post by Harley
Have you considered an ISA? That way you're not taxed on your sex.

I have, but only whores convert their assets into cash.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 195
No, quite frankly I like sex too much. :colondollar:
No, IMO it's a stupid thing to save yourself for marriage. You're young, experiment and have fun.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 197
Yes, I am a virgin and saving sex for marriage.
I am not religious but I respect my body and I wouldn't want to have sex with the first stranger I "fall" for.
I might regret it for a long time afterwards. I'd like this experience to be a positive and memorable one, both for me and my partner.
Reply 198
No, my view on sex is that it is whatever we want is to be so you can attach as much meaning to it as you want. Also I don't need a marriage to comit to someone
Reply 199
Original post by Kayc3e
Yes, I am a virgin and saving sex for marriage.
I am not religious but I respect my body and I wouldn't want to have sex with the first stranger I "fall" for.
I might regret it for a long time afterwards. I'd like this experience to be a positive and memorable one, both for me and my partner.

Have fun when your built up ideal ends up sucking. Sex gets better with practise, for many people the first time is kinda ****ty, especially compared to how good it is when both partners know what they are doing.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending