The Student Room Group
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds

Leeds French and Managament Transfer

Hi,

I'm currently studying Management with French at Nottingham but I'm not really enjoying the structure so I'm looking at French and Management in Leeds.

Can anyone who does the subject/knows of someone who does it tell me about what the teaching/modules/general course structure is like? Information on the sites/prospectuses is limited
Reply 1
Original post by Bellevie
Hi,

I'm currently studying Management with French at Nottingham but I'm not really enjoying the structure so I'm looking at French and Management in Leeds.

Can anyone who does the subject/knows of someone who does it tell me about what the teaching/modules/general course structure is like? Information on the sites/prospectuses is limited

Not sure if you've seen the programme catalogue but there's a lot of detail here: http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=201314&P=BA-FREN%26MNGT

You don't mention which year you're in but that should help :smile:
The Great Hall at University of Leeds
University of Leeds
Leeds
Reply 2
Original post by iMe
Not sure if you've seen the programme catalogue but there's a lot of detail here: http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/dynprogrammes.asp?Y=201314&P=BA-FREN%26MNGT

You don't mention which year you're in but that should help :smile:

Thank you! How did you find it? Searched the site but it wasn't anywhere. I'm in first year, hoping to transfer straight to second year next year
Reply 3
Thank you! How did you find it? Searched the site but it wasn't anywhere. I'm in first year, hoping to transfer straight to second year next year

Can't really remember how I found it - I have it bookmarked (for my course, Economics and French) and just changed it to Management for you!

Well I'm currently in level 1 too, so I can't really say much about the upper levels as I haven't done them yet! When I was choosing universities, Leeds did seem to have the nicest (and most flexible) course structure.
It's a bit hidden away on our website - but for anyone else reading this the programme catalogue is online at http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/programmesearch.asp

Amanda
Reply 5
Original post by iMe
Can't really remember how I found it - I have it bookmarked (for my course, Economics and French) and just changed it to Management for you!

Well I'm currently in level 1 too, so I can't really say much about the upper levels as I haven't done them yet! When I was choosing universities, Leeds did seem to have the nicest (and most flexible) course structure.
Ah well thank you very much! And how has this year been for you so far can I ask? Yeah when I looked at the optional modules they were really flexible

Original post by University of Leeds
It's a bit hidden away on our website - but for anyone else reading this the programme catalogue is online at http://webprod3.leeds.ac.uk/catalogue/programmesearch.asp

Amanda

Thank you!
Reply 6
Ah well thank you very much! And how has this year been for you so far can I ask? Yeah when I looked at the optional modules they were really flexible

This year's been good so far - I like the French language module but I don't really like the other one!
Reply 7
Original post by iMe
This year's been good so far - I like the French language module but I don't really like the other one!
How come you don't like the management side? Sorry for the interrogations haha, iI'm trying to get as much information as I can
Reply 8
How come you don't like the management side? Sorry for the interrogations haha, iI'm trying to get as much information as I can

I don't do management.
Reply 9
Original post by iMe
I don't do management.

Oops sorry, I meant economics; what don't you like about the economics side?
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 10
Oops sorry, I meant economics; what don't you like about the economics side?

It's not that - it's the French literature side I don't really like. But after level 1 you can choose most of your modules so it's not a problem!
Reply 11
Original post by iMe
It's not that - it's the French literature side I don't really like. But after level 1 you can choose most of your modules so it's not a problem!

Oh yeah I see what you mean, that wouldn't really be my first option if I had the choice haha; thanks for the heads up, glad I'll be missing that one

Quick Reply

Latest