The Student Room Group

AQA A2 British History: The State and The People 1918-1964. 3rd June 2013.

Not particularly fond this exam, but I need an A! Anyway, who else is doing this exam on the 3rd of June? How are you revising? Lets discuss! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm going to rotate between mind-mapping and past papers. You? :smile:
Original post by Shiori_Azuma
I'm going to rotate between mind-mapping and past papers. You? :smile:

Revising the same way I did for AS, it seemed to work for me! Reading, reading and more reading! Nervous about the exam as I don't think my coursework was very good!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm about to get my throat slit for my coursework as I am super behind so I need to get a decent grade on this paper to balance it out and get a B overall.
I'm doing this exam too. The coursework has been a nightmare though.. And British politics is so boring!
Was it just our school or was this the worst paper you have ever seen in your entire life?
Original post by MollyJessicaAnn
Was it just our school or was this the worst paper you have ever seen in your entire life?

It was certainly harder than past papers, but I think it could've been A LOT worse!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I sort of agree... The question on the 30s was reasonably decent and the housing one was a bit tricky (I sort of made up the end!) but at least half of my class thought it was a really easy paper.
Original post by Shiori_Azuma
I sort of agree... The question on the 30s was reasonably decent and the housing one was a bit tricky (I sort of made up the end!) but at least half of my class thought it was a really easy paper.

:frown: I think it might just be that our school hadn't learnt the stuff to really be able answer the questions properly. The 30s question was fine but then both of the other two were fairly unanswerable for us. Most people did the Liberal one rather than the housing one (we just hadn't learnt enough to do the housing one - we'd only learnt about Addison's Housing Act, Wheatley's Housing Act and Macmillan's Housing Act fairly briefly). Oh well, let's hope it will be okay! :frown: :s-smilie: :eek:
:frown: I think it might just be that our school hadn't learnt the stuff to really be able answer the questions properly. The 30s question was fine but then both of the other two were fairly unanswerable for us. Most people did the Liberal one rather than the housing one (we just hadn't learnt enough to do the housing one - we'd only learnt about Addison's Housing Act, Wheatley's Housing Act and Macmillan's Housing Act fairly briefly). Oh well, let's hope it will be okay! :frown: :s-smilie: :eek:

I think I'm like the only one who didn't do the second question? It's because I felt like I would be repeating myself a lot! :P

Edit: did you do the first or the third one?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Original post by ScarlettFierce
I think I'm like the only one who didn't do the second question? It's because I felt like I would be repeating myself a lot! :P

Edit: did you do the first or the third one?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I did the first one, I think. It was the one that went something like 'To what extent was conflict in leadership the main reason for the Liberal decline between the years 1918 - 1931'. I also did the second one which we felt was more of a social than economic question because it was asking about the effects of the British economy, not the economy itself. It was a kind of weird paper... :frown:
I did the first one, I think. It was the one that went something like 'To what extent was conflict in leadership the main reason for the Liberal decline between the years 1918 - 1931'. I also did the second one which we felt was more of a social than economic question because it was asking about the effects of the British economy, not the economy itself. It was a kind of weird paper... :frown:

Weird paper, indeed as I feel that people would make a lot of silly mistakes on it.
Like with the first question: people can easily just write a whole lot about Lloyd George and what he did and that wouldn't be answering the question
and as you said, the second question: people would've spoken about the economy itself or about government policies to tackle the problems with the economy rather than effects. The third question very few people answered anyway as, even though it was a breadth question, it was pretty narrow.

Anyway, all in all, it was more difficult than past papers but it wasn't impossible! Hopefully grade boundaries might be lowered a bit. It was the first essay I did in timed conditions and I actually managed to finish so I was happy about that! Anyway good luck! Fingers crossed for us all :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending