The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
@jazzymina (sorry I don't know how to reply onto this). For the central government questions x

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 81
Original post by HE17
@jazzymina (sorry I don't know how to reply onto this). For the central government questions x

Posted from TSR Mobile

oh its ok lol ! on my message or somebodys message on the bottom right theres a note pad with a pen icon. click that i think lets you quote and reply. :smile:

thank you for your tip but im actually doing devolved making in scotland thats why i was confused when you said pressure groups lol.. but thanks anyways for trying to help! :smile:
Any predictions for Africa?
Reply 83
Original post by jazzymina
would you have to revise for party list V FPTP?

Hmm perhaps, not too sure :/

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
That q was repeated from a previous year and it came up last year so i dont think we need to revise that right? :P

Haha nope!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 85
Ok so my teachers predicted AMS vs FPTP, Lifestyle choices limiting good health and Ethnic minorities and their influence on the outcome of elections(possibly American Dream). What does everyone else think, I need at least a B for my conditions
Reply 86
Original post by roarwalk49
Ok so my teachers predicted AMS vs FPTP, Lifestyle choices limiting good health and Ethnic minorities and their influence on the outcome of elections(possibly American Dream). What does everyone else think, I need at least a B for my conditions

some guy on another prediction thread said his teacher knew the guy who writes that exam and predicted those questions too. I think itll either be lifestyle/income affects health.

Though would the ethnic minorities and their influence on the outcome of elections and American dream be two different questions right?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 87
Original post by amber_sss

So what do you predict may come up? :smile:
Reply 88
some guy on another prediction thread said his teacher knew the guy who writes that exam and predicted those questions too. I think itll either be lifestyle/income affects health.

Though would the ethnic minorities and their influence on the outcome of elections and American dream be two different questions right?

Yeah american dream and ethnic minorities and elections are seperate, i've mastered those 3 but I'm gonna revise devolution and some other stuff
Yeah american dream and ethnic minorities and elections are seperate, i've mastered those 3 but I'm gonna revise devolution and some other stuff

What do you think about immigration/the effect of their presence on America?
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 90
Original post by ladymarshmallow
What do you think about immigration/the effect of their presence on America?

Last time that came up was 2010 so it could come up but ethnic minorities is more likely as that last came up in 2007 and ethnic minorities achieving the American Dream was in 2009
Reply 91
My teacher thinks that the question on America will be about ethnic minorities and their social and economic progress/government responses to deal with that, but I'm not going to take any risks by not revising other topics as well. I'm hoping there'll be a voting systems question this year as they're relatively straightforward.
Reply 92

when you said devolution, does this mean your doing the topic on devolved making in Scotland? if so have you got any predictions on that. if not its fine XD
The electoral system question will usually ask you to compare one with another for example, critically examine the view that the STV electoral system provides for better representation than FPTP.
Reply 94
when you said devolution, does this mean your doing the topic on devolved making in Scotland? if so have you got any predictions on that. if not its fine XD

I not 100% but I'm revising 'Successes and failures of devolution' and why there is and isn't a need for Scottish representation at Westminster, both sides of teh arguement
Why is there two threads ?

Could a moderator please merge both ?
Reply 96
I not 100% but I'm revising 'Successes and failures of devolution' and why there is and isn't a need for Scottish representation at Westminster, both sides of teh arguement

Ohhhh i wouldnt mind those questions! I just hope theres not a question on critically examine the role of first minster or something....

if you find out any more predictions on devolved making in Scotland could you let me know. D= thank you :smile: everybody seems to have guesses on the other topics but not on that one. thanks again!
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 97
Ohhhh i wouldnt mind those questions! I just hope theres not a question on critically examine the role of first minster or something....

if you find out any more predictions on devolved making in Scotland could you let me know. D= thank you :smile: everybody seems to have guesses on the other topics but not on that one.

haha yeah that would be awful..
Reply 98
haha yeah that would be awful..

could there be a question on the co operation and conflict between Holyrood and Westminster? Noticed that hasnt ever came up in that topics exam questions :smile:
Reply 99
could there be a question on the co operation and conflict between Holyrood and Westminster? Noticed that hasnt ever came up in that topics exam questions :smile:

There could but i don't know what you could put in that, think that would be pretty hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending