The Student Room Group

Senior Status law degree

I am an undergraduate student at UCL and I want to do a two year senior status law degree in the UK after I finish my undergraduate degree. I did some quick research and the only good universities I could find offering this 2 year law degree were Oxford, Cambridge and Bristol. Does anybody know which other good universities offer this degree? Are there any in London? Thanks!!
Reply 1
King's
Does LSE not do it? they are in the top 3 for law i thought they would have a senior student option..
Reply 3
Thanks! but I looked at the pages of both Kings and LSE and couldn't find the program. Could you send me a link? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by MPAG
I am an undergraduate student at UCL and I want to do a two year senior status law degree in the UK after I finish my undergraduate degree. I did some quick research and the only good universities I could find offering this 2 year law degree were Oxford, Cambridge and Bristol. Does anybody know which other good universities offer this degree? Are there any in London? Thanks!!

Qmul do it, as do Nottingham, Sheffield, and Hull.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by TheGuy117
King's

Original post by AverageExcellence
Does LSE not do it? they are in the top 3 for law i thought they would have a senior student option..

King's doesn't do it, and neither does the LSE - or UCL for that matter. The only London option is Queen Mary.
Original post by TurboCretin
King's doesn't do it, and neither does the LSE - or UCL for that matter. The only London option is Queen Mary.

Cheers for telling me, i really want to do this course desperately at cambridge but i see that each college only takes on like between 2 and 4 people a year. I'm gonna start doing a load of 'self development' which they like and work my ass for for a first. Hope all goes well.

You seem to know a lot more about this than me, just to clarify do you know any other Unis that do it?

Theres oxford, cambridge and QMUL that i know of.
Reply 7
Original post by AverageExcellence
Cheers for telling me, i really want to do this course desperately at cambridge but i see that each college only takes on like between 2 and 4 people a year. I'm gonna start doing a load of 'self development' which they like and work my ass for for a first. Hope all goes well.

You seem to know a lot more about this than me, just to clarify do you know any other Unis that do it?

Theres oxford, cambridge and QMUL that i know of.

Apply to Hughes or Wolfson, which take way more affiliated students than traditional colleges do.

They won't give a toss about "self development".

Also, Nottingham, Sheffield, Bristol, and Hull offer the course, as I said above.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jjarvis
Apply to Hughes or Wolfson, which take way more affiliated students than traditional colleges do.

They won't give a toss about "self development".

Also, Nottingham, Sheffield, Bristol, and Hull offer the course, as I said above.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I emailed them the other day and they told me they like to see evidence of self development away from just getting a first at your degree because thats there bare minimum requirement, ill make it relevent to law mind so its not useless walking old ladies across the street ****.

Cheers for your advice much appreciated
Reply 9
Applying to SOAS, QMUL, Nottingham, Birmingham, and York - all senior status
Original post by MPAG

Well, it depends on what you define as a "good university", but there are other universities that do offer the senior status law degree!

Within London, I know that Queen Mary has a senior status law degree. Outside of London, RG unis such as Edinburgh, Leeds, Sheffield, York, Birmingham, Exeter, Nottingham, Southampton, and Manchester do offer the senior status programme.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending