The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by TopHat
Not really, I don't mind Nadal - I like him as a person but find his playstyle boring, kind of the opposite way round to how I feel about Federer. I just thought his expression was amazing.

explaining it like that is fair enough, apologies for the slightly blunt post!
Nadal smiling. Good to see, despite this heartbreaking loss. I'm happy for Djokovic, and he's made it clear that Roland Garros is going to be much more interesting this year.

In my opinion, if Novak manages to break Nadal's stranglehold of RG as well, then he will have reached the list of all-time greats and begin to be in "GOAT" contention officially.
So what's the bets on Djokovic completing the full Series - all the Masters title, the WTF, and all the Slams? He only needs Cincinnati and Roland Garros.
Reply 1163
Original post by Krish4791
No one has. Djokovic is now only missing Cincinnati, Federer is missing Monte Carlo (not gonna happen) and Rome (also unlikely).
Novak has the best chance to achieve that feat.

So if Djokovic wins the French and Cincy this year, he's basically won everything (except the Olympics).

Someone needs to come up with a name for this feat.
Reply 1164
Original post by notnek
So if Djokovic wins the French and Cincy this year, he's basically won everything (except the Olympics).

NoleSlam.
Original post by TopHat
So what's the bets on Djokovic completing the full Series - all the Masters title, the WTF, and all the Slams? He only needs Cincinnati and Roland Garros.

And DC. But what about the Olympic Gold?
nightmare match up this is for nadal, both mentally and physically, his best hope of winning another slam/tournament is if someone else takes out djokovic - i.e. del potro in IW
Reply 1167
Original post by Zepploydath

That would be called a Golden NoleSlam.

Davis Cup is not really the same as the others, as you compete for your nation rather than as an individual. Same with Olympic Gold to an extent. That said, it's not inconceivable Djokovic would win the Gold at Rio. He'd be what, 29? Plenty of opportunity to pull an Agassi and make a surprise title-run.

EDIT: This is amazing.

Olympic Gold doesn't really matter at this stage - it would be almost irrelevant if he achieves virtually everything else.
Reply 1170
Original post by notnek
so if djokovic wins the french and cincy this year, he's basically won everything (except the olympics).

noooo not rg not rg . Why are you killing me for:angry:
Original post by TopHat

I actually think Cincinnati may be harder for him to win than RG, based on his current form. It may sound crazy, but he's been in 4 Cinci finals and not won a set - the surface is one of the fastest hardcourts I've ever seen, and that plays into the hands of other players.

We'll see what he can do
Original post by TopHat
Davis Cup is not really the same as the others, as you compete for your nation rather than as an individual. Same with Olympic Gold to an extent. That said, it's not inconceivable Djokovic would win the Gold at Rio. He'd be what, 29? Plenty of opportunity to pull an Agassi and make a surprise title-run

Federer almost did it at 31 so its possible
Reply 1173
Original post by Prendah
NoleSlam.

:o:(
Original post by TopHat

He won't win Wimbledon.
Reply 1175
Original post by krish4791
nadal smiling. Good to see, despite this heartbreaking loss. I'm happy for djokovic, and he's made it clear that roland garros is going to be much more interesting this year.

In my opinion, if novak manages to break nadal's stranglehold of rg as well, then he will have reached the list of all-time greats and begin to be in "goat" contention officially.

there is no such thing as goat in tennis.
Original post by Krish4791
I actually think Cincinnati may be harder for him to win than RG, based on his current form. It may sound crazy, but he's been in 4 Cinci finals and not won a set - the surface is one of the fastest hardcourts I've ever seen, and that plays into the hands of other players.

We'll see what he can do

No, I agree actually. Cincinnati will definitely be the most difficult for Djokovic because it's the one Masters aside from Paris where a) Berdych and Tsonga are suddenly really threatening, and b) the court suits Murray better than Djokovic when they're quite even on hard as it is.
Original post by Homeboy Hotel
He won't win Wimbledon.

Umm... I think you're a little late to the party.
Reply 1178
Original post by TopHat
Umm... I think you're a little late to the party.

Am not, he wont win wimbledon ffs.
Original post by TH3-FL45H
Federer almost did it at 31 so its possible

yeah, and are there any real talents from the next generation?

can't seem to see any, none of them look threatening - certainly not so, when compared to federer's generation at the same age or nadal/djokovic/murray

so djokovic definitely has a real chance at winning gold in 2016, provided he avoids any major injury of course

Latest