The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1020
Original post by Cannotbelieveit
**** me, ****e defending.

Your picture looks like the face I was pulling when Johnson was put through then.
Urgh...
Reply 1022
Original post by cleveradam
Too bad we pretty much start most games slow - Everton, Tottenham, Swansea and Man Utd is no walk in the park considering the way we play against teams higher up the table. Lets hope we beat Liverpool first.

Everton, tottenham and swansea are at home though. I think we can realistically get 9 points. Everton have nothing to celebrate come end of the season so everton won't be that great then.
Reply 1023
I think we should have started ba with the europa league semi final in mind. Torres hasn't been too good so far but neither has our midfield namely the 3 amigos.
:smile:
Reply 1025
Yay.
Oscar!
Reply 1027
Well done, good delivery from mata and oscar just put the right amount of power into it. We need to get another goal before half time I think.
OSCAAAARRR!!! What a goal!
Reply 1029
LOL...
Reply 1030
Why are we long balling it. All we need to do is keep the ball only pass it forwards if there's an opening No need for a 50 yard pass that you're unlikely to make.
C'mon Luiz... and Torres seems very inactive at the moment... or subdued as the commentator put it.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1032
Original post by The Assassin
C'mon Luiz... and Torres seems very inactive at the moment... or subdued as the commentator put it.

Torres is slowly taking out their defence. Give him the rest of the half to work on that. Then he'll score a goal next half.

Tactics.
Reply 1033
Torres needs to come off at half time.
Original post by Tweek
Torres is slowly taking out their defence. Give him the rest of the half to work on that. Then he'll score a goal next half.

Tactics.

He's not making an effort for anything!!
Reply 1035
We're playing poorly. We're going to have to rely on our defence or liverpool to make another defensive mistake...

Yeah. Ramires has been good this half, needs to get his final ball right but you know we say that every week. We're gonna need his pace on the break. I want torres off at half time. He's on a yellow and the last thing I want to see is us down to ten men. We've been poor and are only lucky that liverpool have been so profiglate and our defence has been holding up well.
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 1036

He's had nothing to make an effort for, besides one delightful build up play which we didn't score from we've been poor going forward.

Ba is exactly the same when we're like this. The only reason Torres should be subbed is because he needs to be fresh for the midweek game against Basel.
Some of the players are trying to be far too flashy with their passing and end up losing the ball. Just keep it simple ffs.
Reply 1038
Original post by Tweek
He's had nothing to make an effort for, besides one delightful build up play which we didn't score from we've been poor going forward.

Ba is exactly the same when we're like this. The only reason Torres should be subbed is because he needs to be fresh for the midweek game against Basel.

And the fact he's on a yellow card. Good point tbf we've been poor going forward but since he's on a yellow card we might as well sub him before we have to do a backs-to-the-wall performance in the second half...
Original post by Tweek

I guess but I don't totally agree - even though he likely wouldn't have scored many there were quite a few instances where I could imagine Ba actually trying to go for it at least. Not to mention actually staying strong when he has the ball.

Original post by jam277
We're playing poorly. We're going to have to rely on our defence or liverpool to make another defensive mistake...

Yeah. Ramires has been good this half, needs to get his final ball right but you know we say that every week. We're gonna need his pace on the break. I want torres off at half time. He's on a yellow and the last thing I want to see is us down to ten men. We've been poor and are only lucky that liverpool have been so profiglate and our defence has been holding up well.

Indeed. I hope Ramires keeps this up in the second half.

Latest