Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website

Lenton & Wortley 2013/14

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by j.t-Jack
Well thats one more than me :tongue: My UKCAT wasn't brilliant so wasn't a suprise to be honest though I did do well on my A-levels so not getting an offer for the 2nd time didn't feel great, but I'm over it now, now I get to go to two universities :biggrin: I'm a London boy myself so moving to a smaller city will be nice

I think something like half the score of the application is based on UKCAT at nottingham, which is way too much in my opinion! Wow, that must've sucked :frown: but yeah, going to two unis will be awesome!
Students on campus, Nottingham University
University of Nottingham
Nottingham
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by emilypsychology
It's not too far from Psychology either, so yes more sleep for us :smile: I find L&W is tucked away in a corner so people don't tend to visit it on open days. I will be coming from a city next to Newcastle in the North East of England :smile: Unfortunately, Nottingham is a four and a half hour drive from where I live. How about yourself?

I like that it's tucked away, makes it feel like more of a community :smile: oh wow, that's ages away! I'm from Suffolk which is about 2 hours drive from nottingham, I've never lived in a town/city so I'm really looking forward to it :smile: just got to get the grades now...
Reply 42
Original post by Fission_Mailed
It's fine, essentially. The first few weeks are really just easing you into it, recapping all of the cell biology and relevant chemistry you've ever done in about 2 lectures before they start with the new concepts. From then on there is a lot of contact- you'll almost certainly be in every day of the week, but the workload really isn't bad. Medics don't get proper coursework like most people, so as long as you're paying a moderate amount of attention in lectures there is remarkably little to do in your own time. The only hard and fast rule is that the amount of time you put in will correlate very strongly with your marks. If you go to every lecture and do a reasonable but not back breaking amount of work in the evenings/weekend (maybe one or two nights a week) then you're on track for solid 2:i or firsts all round. If you don't go to lectures because you're enjoying uni too much, and nobody will blame you, then it is perfectly possible to still pass everything. You'll just have a very, very ****ty Christmas.

The second semester is harder; the modules are generally a bit harder with more content, although they are more "medical" which makes up for it a bit. Anatomy is the hardest part of 1st or 2nd year. There is very little formal teaching for it, and if you go into a dissection without having already done the book work then you're going to get a beasting, so you're going to want to spend at the very least an afternoon and evening before the session making notes from whichever textbook you use.

Thanks! :smile:
Reply 43
Original post by vcro03
I think something like half the score of the application is based on UKCAT at nottingham, which is way too much in my opinion! Wow, that must've sucked :frown: but yeah, going to two unis will be awesome!

Not to mention I get to live the UKCAT for a 3rd time :biggrin: That's all 3 years away so it's cool, just keeping my mind on my travels that are coming up soon
Reply 44
Have officially accepted my offer for single study at Lenton and wortley

Bit annoyed as I wanted large single study, but really happy to be in Lenton, sounds really nice!
Original post by Cazza180
Have officially accepted my offer for single study at Lenton and wortley ��

Bit annoyed as I wanted large single study, but really happy to be in Lenton, sounds really nice!

I'm glad you have accepted :biggrin: I think we're all going to be really happy there, getting such a good vibe from what I've heard :3
Reply 46
Hi all. I'm getting a shared study in Lenton and Wortley. Got an unconditional for medicine as long as I pass the criminal record and health checks :smile:
Original post by MMackie12
Hi all. I'm getting a shared study in Lenton and Wortley. Got an unconditional for medicine as long as I pass the criminal record and health checks :smile:

Woo :biggrin: Welcome to the club. j.t-Jack also has a shared study offer :smile:
Reply 48
Woo :biggrin: Welcome to the club. j.t-Jack also has a shared study offer :smile:

Nah I think he's shared bedroom so he'll be living a wee bit closer to his roommate than I will
Nah I think he's shared bedroom so he'll be living a wee bit closer to his roommate than I will

Oh yes he does, there's me getting the shared types mixed up!
Will you be coming far from Nottingham? :smile:
Reply 50

Took the words right out of my mouth :tongue: I feel popular though having people talk about me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by j.t-Jack
Took the words right out of my mouth :tongue: I feel popular though having people talk about me :tongue:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Haven't even started yet and you're a BNOC haha! :wink:

I've got a shared study offer mate, we could be potential roommates !
Reply 53
I've got an offer of a single study room in Lenton and Wortey :smile: I'll be studying Geography. Can't wait! :biggrin:
Original post by 95CEF
I've got an offer of a single study room in Lenton and Wortey :smile: I'll be studying Geography. Can't wait! :biggrin:

Woo welcome aboard! :biggrin: Will you be commuting far to where Geography is held? :smile:
Reply 55
Woo welcome aboard! :biggrin: Will you be commuting far to where Geography is held? :smile:

I shouldn't think so, a 15-20 minute walk I think so that's good. The map makes L&W look really far out but on the visit day I had a look for it and it's not actually that far away from everywhere else which is great! :biggrin: have you got far to go for Psychology?
Original post by 95CEF
I shouldn't think so, a 15-20 minute walk I think so that's good. The map makes L&W look really far out but on the visit day I had a look for it and it's not actually that far away from everywhere else which is great! :biggrin: have you got far to go for Psychology?

You had a look for it, so have you not been inside? We're desperately trying to seek someone who has had a peek in at an open day! Apparently I walked past it on the open day according to my dad but I can't remember. It's a little neglected halls on open days as it's tucked away in the corner of campus up a hill. No, not very far at all from the Psychology building. I get some lectures in the Biology building too so not bad either. I'd say 5 minutes so I feel pretty blessed that I have the option of rolling out of bed 10 mins before - doubt I would do that anyway :P
Reply 57
Oh yes he does, there's me getting the shared types mixed up!
Will you be coming far from Nottingham? :smile:

Yeah it's a bit of a way. I live near Belfast so I'll have to try and fly everything across.

Cunninglearner we could well be! Any idea if/when you find out about things like that?
Yeah it's a bit of a way. I live near Belfast so I'll have to try and fly everything across.

Cunninglearner we could well be! Any idea if/when you find out about things like that?

Oh wow! I bet your accent is great, I love Northern Irish accents. I keep thinking what if people find my accent weird when I go down to Nottingham. I know a lot of people say they like the North Eastern accent as it sounds friendly. Suppose you will get everyone from all over the UK going to Nottingham since it's in the middle of England so we'll get a range of accents there :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending