The Student Room Group

Plymouth Medicine Applicants 2014 Entry

Hiya.. For all those who are wishing to apply for medicine to Plymouth university for the 2014 entry or deferred 2015 entry, come and join us here.

Here is the link to the 2013 entry thread: http://www.thestudentroom.co.uk/showthread.php?t=2094660

Link of University website: https://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/BMBS/Pages/CourseOverview.aspx

Link for entry requirements: http://www1.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/undergraduate/BMBS/Pages/BMBS-Entry-Requirements.aspx

Contact info, if you wish to make a specific query:

Email: [email protected]

Spoiler

Ask questions.. share feelings and hopefully by this time next year most of us would be successful in this operation. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1st post :biggrin:
Hi
Reply 3
Original post by MedicalMaureen
Hi

Hi
Original post by Egos
Hi

Are you planning to apply to Plymouth for 2014 entry? :smile:
Reply 5
Are you planning to apply to Plymouth for 2014 entry? :smile:

No but if you are, I wish you the best of luck.
Reply 6
I'm applying, but I'm in the situation of being at uni already and taking the GAMSAT this Sept to hopefully get onto Medicine after the 2nd year of my current course :smile:
Original post by brightset
I'm applying, but I'm in the situation of being at uni already and taking the GAMSAT this Sept to hopefully get onto Medicine after the 2nd year of my current course :smile:

So grad entry.. :smile: Good luck.
Reply 8
Original post by Future_Dr
So grad entry.. :smile: Good luck.

Well not quite grad entry, cause I wouldn't have graduated - they're calling it non-direct school leavers :P
Well not quite grad entry, cause I wouldn't have graduated - they're calling it non-direct school leavers :P

Ahh. so almost like switching course. But are you currently doing you course at plymouth already?
Reply 10
Original post by Future_Dr
Ahh. so almost like switching course. But are you currently doing you course at plymouth already?

Yeah exactly, though the application is still through UCAS :unimpressed:. And yes I am, which I hope would give me brownie points but I highly doubt it :P
Yeah exactly, though the application is still through UCAS :unimpressed:. And yes I am, which I hope would give me brownie points but I highly doubt it :P

hmm.. seems hard. but then again at least you are familiar with the application process and the university itself. Why not talk to the current students there and ask them for advice. :smile:
Reply 12
Definitely applying here next year :smile:
Reply 13
Hi All,

As a graduate (some nine years), I am having to sit the GAMSAT for entry 2014. Was wondering whether anyone knows the cutoff for this years GAMSAT or previous years? Might be a mildy useful reference/focus point.

Thanks.
Reply 14
I know Exeter's cut - off (and, previously: PCMD) is 64. Maybe Plymouth imposes something similar?
Original post by Hanz_a93
Definitely applying here next year :smile:

what were your GCSE grades? :smile:
Reply 16
Original post by Arrhythmia
I know Exeter's cut - off (and, previously: PCMD) is 64. Maybe Plymouth imposes something similar?

Thanks. Probably not far off 64 for Plymouth either.
DO YOU GUYS RECKON I CAN GET AN OFFER WITH AABC OR AAAC in my AS EXAMS? AND WITH 4A* 5A's in IGCSE? :/
DO YOU GUYS RECKON I CAN GET AN OFFER WITH AABC OR AAAC in my AS EXAMS? AND WITH 4A* 5A's in IGCSE? :/

If you are predicted the entry requirements (A*AA) then it is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by carcinoma
If you are predicted the entry requirements (A*AA) then it is possible.

Posted from TSR Mobile

What about AAA

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending