The Student Room Group

Cafcass Graduate Scheme 2013

Anyone thinking of throwing their hat into the ring for the Cafcass scheme, have any past experience applying for it or know those who have?

http://www.cafcass.gov.uk/cafcass_careers/graduate_scheme.aspx

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Bob-Loblaw
Anyone thinking of throwing their hat into the ring for the Cafcass scheme, have any past experience applying for it or know those who have?

I want to apply but I graduated just over 2 years ago (November 2010) :frown: - so I am out of it immediately!
Reply 2
Original post by Bob-Loblaw

I've applied and am through to the telephone interview, which is tomorrow. Did you apply?
Reply 3
I also have a telephone interview tomorrow. Have you done much preparation? I wonder how many applicants got through to this stage...
Reply 4
Original post by tizzybelle
I've applied and am through to the telephone interview, which is tomorrow. Did you apply?

I did! I also have a telephone interview scheduled tomorrow but I'm working. Which reminds me, I need to get in touch with them to try and rearrange!
Reply 5
Original post by TPARK
I also have a telephone interview tomorrow. Have you done much preparation? I wonder how many applicants got through to this stage...

Oh sorry,I didn't really get a notification or anything saying that you had replied! My interview was.... ok. I probably could have said a lot more about the work they do, I feel like kicking myself as I knew everything but he threw me slightly and half way through my voice started going!!! Ah well, we find out pretty soon anyway =)
Reply 6
Hey guys!

Heard from Cafcass yet...??? The guy said to me should be by Friday//early next week!

I am slightly excited haha
Reply 7
He said the same thing to me, I haven't heard yet though, have you?
Reply 8
Original post by TPARK
He said the same thing to me, I haven't heard yet though, have you?

No... not yet! Will let you know on here when I hear :smile:
.....I tried my luck with applying but the exact words from the Senior HR person was: "Don't bother applying".

How to knock someone's confidence = this!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I got through to the next stage! Verbal and numerical tests and after that its the final interview! Has anyone else heard back?
Reply 11
Original post by DancinBallerina
.....I tried my luck with applying but the exact words from the Senior HR person was: "Don't bother applying".

How to knock someone's confidence = this!!!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why would they say this to you?! That's really mean =( I hope you didn't listen and applied anyway!!!

I am through to verbal and numerical too!!!! :biggrin:
When did they email you? I'm still waiting. It's killing me!
Reply 13
Original post by Charlotte_9090
When did they email you? I'm still waiting. It's killing me!

They emailed at 3.30 today? Good luck! Hope its good news
Woooo, I'm through to the tests. Good luck in your tests :smile:
Why would they say this to you?! That's really mean =( I hope you didn't listen and applied anyway!!!

I am through to verbal and numerical too!!!! :biggrin:

The requirements said "You must have graduated within 2years".... I'm just outside the graduating period by 3months! I emailed and said this and that was the reply I got. As a result, I didn't bother applying as it put me off and did exactly what she wanted - deterred me away!

Congratulations by the way on getting through to the next stage :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 16
Original post by DancinBallerina
The requirements said "You must have graduated within 2years".... I'm just outside the graduating period by 3months! I emailed and said this and that was the reply I got. As a result, I didn't bother applying as it put me off and did exactly what she wanted - deterred me away!

Congratulations by the way on getting through to the next stage :-)

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm really sorry to hear that - good luck with finding something even more amazing!
Any one completed their tests? :smile:
I'm really sorry to hear that - good luck with finding something even more amazing!

Was very disheartening as I'd really like to work for Cafcass. But with an attitude like that from their Senior HR Partner, not sure I want to be associated with a person like that to be honest! :/ Nevertheless, all the very best :smile:
Difficult! How did everyone else find it? :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest