The Student Room Group

Higher Modern Studies 2012-13: Discussion and Help Thread

Scroll to see replies

Reply 100
Original post by roarwalk49
There could but i don't know what you could put in that, think that would be pretty hard

have you got the success guide? theres two pages on that which suggests they co operate through legislative consent motions and conflict would be about immigration/foreign affairs/education/Dawn Raids/Justice.

id struggle to think of what else to say on co operation though :P
Reply 101
Original post by jazzymina
I just hope theres not a question on critically examine the role of first minster or something....

Really? I would love a question to do with the role of the first minister or MSPs etc find them so much easier than the relationship between Westminster and the Scottish parliament for example! :biggrin:
Original post by jazzymina
have you got the success guide? theres two pages on that which suggests they co operate through legislative consent motions and conflict would be about immigration/foreign affairs/education/Dawn Raids/Justice.

id struggle to think of what else to say on co operation though :P

Think i do, i'll check it out
Reply 103
Original post by lala4
Really? I would love a question to do with the role of the first minister or MSPs etc find them so much easier than the relationship between Westminster and the Scottish parliament for example! :biggrin:

really Haha! you sure? :wink:

Though How would you set out the points for for and against for critically examine the role of firstminster or MSPs if you dont mind me asking :P since you seem to like the questions cause i have no idea lol
I've seen a few posts on a few different threads saying that for health and wealth there could be a question on lifestyle choices. I was wondering if anyone could give me an example of what that question could be :smile::smile::smile:
I am finding this so hard to revise for.
Reply 106
You see for the Health and Wealth question;

“Health and Welfare provision should be the responsibility of government. Discuss”

What arguments are you trying to balance exactly? I don't actually understand the question to be honest, has anyone written this one?:frown:
Original post by skier16
You see for the Health and Wealth question;

“Health and Welfare provision should be the responsibility of government. Discuss”

What arguments are you trying to balance exactly? I don't actually understand the question to be honest, has anyone written this one?:frown:

it sounds like a DME question, haha! What was your DME prelim topic?
Reply 108
Original post by StupidMaths
it sounds like a DME question, haha! What was your DME prelim topic?

It does a bit! It's come up twice in the last 6 years though.
DME in the prelim was our nab - it was about introducing free school meals for all, I think...:biggrin: Can't really remember!
Reply 109
Original post by youjustburnkid
I've seen a few posts on a few different threads saying that for health and wealth there could be a question on lifestyle choices. I was wondering if anyone could give me an example of what that question could be :smile::smile::smile:

In 2010 exam question was about lifestyles choices which was.
Individual lifestyle choices limit/affect good health more than any other factor.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 110
Has anybody been given predictions for this years essays?!

My teachers aren't giving us any and I really need predicitions. :frown:
Reply 111
Ok, does anybody have any idea what might come up for the Africa topic or China topic?
Reply 112
Original post by skier16
Sure:smile: Is there a particular question you wanted?
Also, do you by any chance have any Health and Wealth essays plans - literally anything except the effect of wealth on health?

Nothing particular thanks, just whatever you have! I don't sorry, I find that unit pretty hard aswell :frown: what was your grades in the prelim guys?:smile:
Original post by fijimint
Nothing particular thanks, just whatever you have! I don't sorry, I find that unit pretty hard aswell :frown: what was your grades in the prelim guys?:smile:

I got 86% but my Health and Wealth essay went disastrously! What did you get on yours?
Original post by hendycfc
Ok, does anybody have any idea what might come up for the Africa topic or China topic?

I do the Africa Topic as well, my teacher said it could be social or political, but more likely to be political. Last it was Aid ( Economical) so that (kind of) ruled that out this year. I do South Africa, and its more likely to be Social and Economic this year so NOT Political, therefore, if there were to put one political question in the paper it could be highly likely that they'll put it in th African Theme.

How about you, what predictions have you got?
Any Predictions for 3A: Republic of South Africa?
Reply 116
Any predictions for what the DME may be on? :smile:
Reply 117
Hi does anyone know the prediction for study theme 1A? Scottish politics? :smile:
Original post by fijimint

Meh - got 66%. Can't complain though, considering my revision consisted of a couple of frantic, panic-fuelled hours the night before.
Reply 119
Could somebody please explain to me how to answer the question, To what extent do ethnic minorities achieve the American Dream?

thanks alot :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending