Leicester
Visit website

Leicester Humanities Firmers 2013

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Original post by fimblesocks
Well fellow Potterhead, you have a friend in me :smile:

In fact I'm going to Leaky Con this summer, so excited! :biggrin:

Ooh good, didn't want to be the only Potter fan and have everybody think I'm crazy!

I wish was going! If I didn't live so far away from London I would have gone too! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile
University of Leicester
University of Leicester
Leicester
Visit website
Reply 41
Original post by charlie8
I'm studying history. However, when i get there i might see if i can do some american studies as well because i really want to go to america for a year and for some reason, the abroad exchange to america with just history is a bit confusing

You can't study in the US doing straight history at leicester. But, fear not, I switched my course from English BA to History BA a few days before I was due to start, so I imagine it will be very easy for you to switch :smile:
Reply 42
Also, I'm a current first year History student at Leicester. If anyone wants any advice, tips, general queries, all that 5hit then send a PM my way :biggrin:
Reply 43
Original post by Sentenashi
You can't study in the US doing straight history at leicester. But, fear not, I switched my course from English BA to History BA a few days before I was due to start, so I imagine it will be very easy for you to switch :smile:

I've just switched for that very reason, i needed to go to the u.s! i appreciate the reply though =]
Reply 44
Original post by Remembrall
Ooh good, didn't want to be the only Potter fan and have everybody think I'm crazy!

I wish was going! If I didn't live so far away from London I would have gone too! :frown:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Are you into other fandom-y type stuff? Sherlock, Hunger Games, YouTubers....? :smile:
Reply 45
Original post by fimblesocks
Are you into other fandom-y type stuff? Sherlock, Hunger Games, YouTubers....? :smile:

Not so much Sherlock, though I'm thinking I might start getting into it! But Hunger Games definitely, massive fan! & occasionally YouTubers :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Firmed my offer for History. I'm also from Leicester so I'm pretty glad I don't have to move anywhere :smile:
Original post by Electric_Dynamo
Firmed my offer for History. I'm also from Leicester so I'm pretty glad I don't have to move anywhere :smile:

That's awesome, another historian! aha so are you not staying on university accommodation then? :smile:
Original post by lozthemidget
That's awesome, another historian! aha so are you not staying on university accommodation then? :smile:

I'm looking to go into accomodation but I'm more secure in the knowledge that I won't have gone far I guess. Makes it easier to branch out little by little.
I'm looking to go into accomodation but I'm more secure in the knowledge that I won't have gone far I guess. Makes it easier to branch out little by little.

Oh that's cool, any idea which one your going to go for? I'm the same really, I only live about 45 mins away from Leicester so its not too far away from home, but still far enough away to be independent :smile: Where have you put as your insurance? If you don't mind me asking :biggrin:
Original post by lozthemidget
Oh that's cool, any idea which one your going to go for? I'm the same really, I only live about 45 mins away from Leicester so its not too far away from home, but still far enough away to be independent :smile: Where have you put as your insurance? If you don't mind me asking :biggrin:

No idea yet. Might go with the Unite student accomodation instead of UoL owned property. DMU is my insurance as they just want me to get low grades to get in. :smile:
Reply 51
Anyone firmed to do English? :smile: so excited, heart is set on Leicester!
No idea yet. Might go with the Unite student accomodation instead of UoL owned property. DMU is my insurance as they just want me to get low grades to get in. :smile:

That's cool :biggrin: I've applied for University accommodation for my first year, might commute after that :biggrin: I guess thats a good insurance if you want to stay pretty local, I have a friend who's insurance is DMU :smile:
Reply 53
Original post by kathyw16
I have firmed Leicester for Ancient History and Archaeology. Really looking forward to Autumn now :biggrin:

I've just firmed for that course too :smile:
Reply 54
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
I liked the department for Modern Languages (which is what I will be doing along with a minor in Management) plus I know the city inside out because I live here! Yes all of you now have an official tour guide :biggrin: :cool:

Hey I am currently on my gap year and have an unconditional offer from Leicester and I'm going to be studying Spanish and Italian, I thought the same about the department for Modern Languages, which language have you chosen to study ?
Reply 55
Firmed Leicester for History! I'm still choosing accommodation! Which halls are people staying at?
Original post by hanwake7
Hey I am currently on my gap year and have an unconditional offer from Leicester and I'm going to be studying Spanish and Italian, I thought the same about the department for Modern Languages, which language have you chosen to study ?

I'm going to be doing Spanish and Italian too!! But I might drop one later on. Turns out I have the option to change the Management part of my degree to History of Art if I want to and now they just want my confirmation. I feel like it links better to Mod Langs lol so now I just have to decide. Are you entering as a post A Level language learner or beginner? :smile:

And it's so difficult to find Mod Lang applicants :biggrin:
Reply 57
Original post by ChocoholicPolyglot
I'm going to be doing Spanish and Italian too!! But I might drop one later on. Turns out I have the option to change the Management part of my degree to History of Art if I want to and now they just want my confirmation. I feel like it links better to Mod Langs lol so now I just have to decide. Are you entering as a post A Level language learner or beginner? :smile:

And it's so difficult to find Mod Lang applicants :biggrin:

OMGG yayy!! I´m so glad that I have already found someone that will be on my course! and yeah I am for Spanish, but complete beginner for Italian. What about you?
You said you are actually from Leicester so are you going to be staying at home or in student accomodation? :biggrin:
Original post by hanwake7
OMGG yayy!! I´m so glad that I have already found someone that will be on my course! and yeah I am for Spanish, but complete beginner for Italian. What about you?
You said you are actually from Leicester so are you going to be staying at home or in student accomodation? :biggrin:

I will take Spanish as a beginner and Italian as an advanced learner although I really need to brush up on it before term starts :smile: I'll be staying at home for my first year but later on I might move out (prepare myself for the year abroad haha) . Where are you from? :biggrin:

Same here! Who wants to move towns when a good uni is on your doorstep? :tongue: :biggrin:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending