The Student Room Group

Spoken Language Controlled Assessment

Hi, I've got my spoken language controlled assessment soon for GCSE English Language (AQA) and wanted to know do I have to use a transcript and collect data?

The essay title is 'Consider the differences and similarities between spoken conversation and the language of social networking such as texting, twitter and facebook'

Has anyone done this controlled assessment? Any advice would be really helpful.
Reply 1
I didn't do this title but when I did it we was given a transcript, not sure what you mean by collecting data.

I'm going to redo mine next week or so because I did VERY bad on it.
Reply 2
Original post by gomg
I didn't do this title but when I did it we was given a transcript, not sure what you mean by collecting data.

I'm going to redo mine next week or so because I did VERY bad on it.

Thanks for the quick reply.

What was the transcript about? By collecting data I mean like doing some research on the internet and getting some facts and putting them in like how many facebook and twitter users there is.
Reply 3
Original post by Rupa Patel
Thanks for the quick reply.

What was the transcript about? By collecting data I mean like doing some research on the internet and getting some facts and putting them in like how many facebook and twitter users there is.

Oh my task title was wayyyyyyyyyy different to this,

I had to analyse an interview between Dizzie Rascal and Jonathan Ross and Dizzee Rascal and Jeremy Paxman.

If your whole class is doing the same title your teacher should save you the time to find out data etc!!
Reply 4
Original post by gomg

I had to analyse an interview between Dizzie Rascal and Jonathan Ross and Dizzee Rascal and Jeremy Paxman.

If your whole class is doing the same title your teacher should save you the time to find out data etc!!

Oh okay, that's probably why you got a transcript.

Yes, we are and the teacher has but very little.
Reply 5
Original post by gomg
Oh my task title was wayyyyyyyyyy different to this,I had to analyse an interview between Dizzie Rascal and Jonathan Ross and Dizzee Rascal and Jeremy Paxman.If your whole class is doing the same title your teacher should save you the time to find out data etc!!

I am doing the same question as yours, I have started analyzing the extract last week, but I don't really know what to mention in my essay and how to structure it. If you could help me please.
(edited 8 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by gomg

I hope you could help me as i am doing the same essay question as yours
(edited 8 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending