The Student Room Group

F211 revision thread.

Hello friends and foes.

This is a thread dedicated to the mighty exam OCR have decided to creatively name "F211"

Ask each other exam questions (hard ones) that you happen to come across.

Or if you have any other questions just talk about them below.

Thank you and have a good evening! P.S

Spoiler

(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Does anyone know what was the tricky bit in the jan 13 paper?
Reply 2
Original post by lilytheblue
Does anyone know what was the tricky bit in the jan 13 paper?

Hello lilytheblue :smile:

I am not too sure as I have not, as of yet, sat this exam.

I would recommend checking out the examiners report.

How about you post the questions you think are hard on this for others to answer? It would be a helpful thread for us all if we could get more people asking things on it :smile:

EDIT: I have managed to find this for you: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/136529-examiners-reports-january.pdf

Enjoy. :smile:
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Original post by upthegunners

How about you post the questions you think are hard on this for others to answer? It would be a helpful thread for us all if we could get more people asking things on it :smile:

EDIT: I have managed to find this for you: http://www.ocr.org.uk/Images/136529-examiners-reports-january.pdf

Hey upthegunners (im guessing youre an arsenal fan lol)

Thanks for that is v helpful :smile: and yes i shall start posting some of the tricky questions. Im actually really excited now haha :biggrin:
Reply 4
Hey upthegunners (im guessing youre an arsenal fan lol)

Thanks for that is v helpful :smile: and yes i shall start posting some of the tricky questions. Im actually really excited now haha :biggrin:

No problem :biggrin:

And I am not actually that big a fan, just made a totally random user name :lol:

Why are you excited? :lol:

Okay. Question: Describe how cells are organized into tissues using xylem and phloem as examples. [4marks]
Reply 5
i dont know probs because its a different way of revising!

okay so i would answer that like this
i would give 2marks for describing xlyem and 2 about phloem

- xylem- made up of cells such as Xylem vessels,
- these are lignified and this makes them waterproof and are involved in the movement of water and minerals around the plant

-Phloem- consists of companion cells and sieve tube elements
-companion cells are involved in translocation and uses ATP

Does this seem reasonable? obviously there is a lot more i could have said
Reply 6
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any podcasts for F211 and even F212 for OCR AS Biology?
I would be amazing if I could find some to listen to on my phone.
Anyone know of any?
Cheers :smile:
Reply 8
Revision notes attached.

Not mine, by the way.
Reply 9

Hey my teacher just sent us this massive pack of past paper questions with answers if you want i could send them to you or try and post it onto here? does that sound like a plan?
Hey my teacher just sent us this massive pack of past paper questions with answers if you want i could send them to you or try and post it onto here? does that sound like a plan?

Hi Lilly :smile:

That would be very kind and helpful of you! I am sure everyone would would really appreciate that :smile:

I am working on some exam questions here and will be posting some for people to answer in a while :biggrin:

P.S. Sorry I have not gave any feed back on the question you answered from me. I was very busy with Physics coursework last night and tonight too :rolleyes: But I will be on this around 9 asking/answering questions!
Hi Lilly :smile:

That would be very kind and helpful of you! I am sure everyone would would really appreciate that :smile:

I am working on some exam questions here and will be posting some for people to answer in a while :biggrin:

P.S. Sorry I have not gave any feed back on the question you answered from me. I was very busy with Physics coursework last night and tonight too :rolleyes: But I will be on this around 9 asking/answering questions!

Hey, it says the file is too large to upload.. if you pm me your email i can send them to you :smile:
Reply 12
Original post by kimsiclez
Revision notes attached.

Not mine, by the way.

Would you happen to have some for F212?
Original post by trrr
Would you happen to have some for F212?

Yep. Attached.
Reply 14
Does anyone have any idea, what topics came up in January's paper?
Original post by geor
I'm glad I have the F212 module out of the way, this unit is so much nicer!
Not a huge fan of plant transport though.

yea F211 is piss

I am not a fan of that either, probably the hardest thing in F211 is the mass flow hypothesis. A big question came up on that not so long ago so I think we should be okay.

I think we will get a big one on mitosis.
F211 is easy, but you have to be specific, mentioning the extra word gets you the mark. For example, saying xylem vessels instead of just xylem. :smile:
Original post by LaughingGas
F211 is easy, but you have to be specific, mentioning the extra word gets you the mark. For example, saying xylem vessels instead of just xylem. :smile:

yea I know :smile: I am so pissed off at the moment..

School prize day was today and there was prizes for anyone who got 7A grade or more at GCSE, which I did.

However, I didn't get a certificate? What the ****? About 10 other people did, but not me :frown: Even though I got better grades than most of them..:frown:
Original post by geor
Do we need to know about the circulatory system of insects? It's in the book but...

i dont think so
Reply 19
Original post by DrFish
Hey guys,
I was just wondering if anyone knows of any podcasts for F211 and even F212 for OCR AS Biology?
I would be amazing if I could find some to listen to on my phone.
Anyone know of any?
Cheers :smile:

My channel has basically everything on F212 :smile:

http://www.youtube.com/user/MrBioTom1

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending