Posted from TSR Mobile

Yay! :smile:
Graduate, University of Stirling
University of Stirling
Reply 61
who else is doing Film and Media? :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by BeccaStepConn
I'm going to be studying Psychology too, so excited to start the course! How are your A levels going? I'm sure you'll get what's needed to get in :smile:

Oh great! I'm excited, just hope I get in :smile: Well we do highers in Scotland which is the same as A levels. They're going good, I only need one A to get in :smile:
Reply 63
Original post by BooksOfWonder
I am already reading the books I need to for English Studies too :colondollar:

Hi! I want to start reading the books for my course but I don't have a reading list and don't know what books I'll be using, how do you know yours? :smile:
Reply 64
Original post by Lmhenry1
Hi! I want to start reading the books for my course but I don't have a reading list and don't know what books I'll be using, how do you know yours? :smile:

What course are you doing?
I went in the English Studies department to find mine! I'll help you find yours, just tell me your course :wink:
Reply 65
What course are you doing?
I went in the English Studies department to find mine! I'll help you find yours, just tell me your course :wink:

Thank you so much! I'm doing Marketing and Spanish, but Marketing is the one that I want the reading list for, if you could find it and send it to me I'd be so grateful :smile:
Reply 66
Original post by Lmhenry1
Thank you so much! I'm doing Marketing and Spanish, but Marketing is the one that I want the reading list for, if you could find it and send it to me I'd be so grateful :smile:

I can't find anything on the website but you can email them here and ask : [email protected]
And here is the link for the management school : http://www.stir.ac.uk/management/

And here is the languages school : http://www.slcr.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=1

Hope this helps! I couldn't find a reading list, though :/
Reply 67
I can't find anything on the website but you can email them here and ask : [email protected]
And here is the link for the management school : http://www.stir.ac.uk/management/

And here is the languages school : http://www.slcr.stir.ac.uk/sections/showsection.php?id=1

Hope this helps! I couldn't find a reading list, though :/

Ah I see, that's a shame, but thank you for what you could find! :smile:
Reply 68
Hi.
firmed accountancy and will be staying in muirhead 1/3/2
:smile:
have firmed criminology&law and staying at willow court :-------) what's up everyone!!
Okay, now I'm just asking and hoping that somebody can give me somewhat of an explanation:
a) Is it true that all exams are written in hand? (Seems that it is like that in the UK, but just wanted to double check)
b) If yes, do you think it's possible to get either extra time (as I am, after all, an EU student and English is not my mother tongue) or to take the exams on my laptop?
I haven't written an assignment in hand since 3rd grade, so with my current handwriting, I'm a bit worried :tongue:
Original post by Miltsi
Hi! i'm going to study international politics too! I'm going to live in Muirhead flats (accepted their offer yesterday). Oh, and I'm from Finland :smile:

Great! :biggrin: So glad I won't be alone in the whole 'coming-to-a-new-country'-phase :wink:
Reply 72
Original post by MatildeDamsbo
Great! :biggrin: So glad I won't be alone in the whole 'coming-to-a-new-country'-phase :wink:

I'm coming from France :smile:
Okay, now I'm just asking and hoping that somebody can give me somewhat of an explanation:
a) Is it true that all exams are written in hand? (Seems that it is like that in the UK, but just wanted to double check)
b) If yes, do you think it's possible to get either extra time (as I am, after all, an EU student and English is not my mother tongue) or to take the exams on my laptop?
I haven't written an assignment in hand since 3rd grade, so with my current handwriting, I'm a bit worried :tongue:

Yes, all exams are done by hand.

As English isn't your first language, you are allowed a translation dictionary from your language to English in the exam with you. There is no way you would be allowed to use your own laptop but if you have a medical condition that means you can't write by hand then you may be allowed to use one of the University computers.

No one writes by hand anytime other than exams but they get over it and I imagine you will need to as well, sorry to be the bringer of bad news.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 74

Me too! :smile: Where are you from?
Reply 75
I'm coming from France :smile:

What was your offer from Stirling on the French Bac if I may ask?
Reply 76
Is anybody else studying business law?:-)
Reply 77
Original post by Film
What was your offer from Stirling on the French Bac if I may ask?

Well I got an Unconditional as I was on a gap year! But on the site they say 11-13 on 20 depending on the course you want. I had 13,57 on 20 at the French Bac. Are you from France? Or were you just curious?
Reply 78
Well I got an Unconditional as I was on a gap year! But on the site they say 11-13 on 20 depending on the course you want. I had 13,57 on 20 at the French Bac. Are you from France? Or were you just curious?

Yes from Paris. I am at Exeter myself, but my brother is interested in Stirling.He wrote to them and they said he would need a 13 for business, but I just wanted to verify with you.Thanks
Reply 79
Original post by Film
Yes from Paris. I am at Exeter myself, but my brother is interested in Stirling.He wrote to them and they said he would need a 13 for business, but I just wanted to verify with you.Thanks

You're welcome! Is he interested for a degree or just as an exchange? Let me know if he goes to Stirling :wink:

Quick Reply

Latest