The Student Room Group

1 month to higher biology

Scroll to see replies

I LOVE my Bio teacher.
He told us the essay topics for the second prelim, and some other topics that are likely to come up in Section 2 of the paper.

He didn't actually say what will come up, he just suggested :wink: But we all know what does that mean :biggrin:

So apparently for the essay questions we're getting hormonal influence and E.Coli !
I personally love the e.coli stuff so I'm over the moon right now!
Original post by Nessie162
I LOVE my Bio teacher.
He told us the essay topics for the second prelim, and some other topics that are likely to come up in Section 2 of the paper.

He didn't actually say what will come up, he just suggested :wink: But we all know what does that mean :biggrin:

So apparently for the essay questions we're getting hormonal influence and E.Coli !

Remember, what your teacher says isn't accurate. It's fair for him to make an educated guess at what it is, but don't bank on it coming up. If you dig out last years Higher Biology thread, you'll see the variety of essay predictions, which you can compare to the actual paper.
I LOVE my Bio teacher.

E. Coli? I don't remember any E. Coli when I did H. Bio. Why do yous get cool stuff after we leave? :tongue:

Since I've started browsing the Biology SH forum, I've discovered that A levelers do so much more human bio than we do. Mentioned it to my PBL group, apparently the guy who did the Bio board with lots of human knew 20% of last year already.
Original post by TheFOMaster
Remember, what your teacher says isn't accurate. It's fair for him to make an educated guess at what it is, but don't bank on it coming up. If you dig out last years Higher Biology thread, you'll see the variety of essay predictions, which you can compare to the actual paper.

Oh I meant our second prelim paper :smile: not the actual exam

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Hype en Ecosse
E. Coli? I don't remember any E. Coli when I did H. Bio. Why do yous get cool stuff after we leave? :tongue:

Since I've started browsing the Biology SH forum, I've discovered that A levelers do so much more human bio than we do. Mentioned it to my PBL group, apparently the guy who did the Bio board with lots of human knew 20% of last year already.

I'm sure you must have :smile: when did you leave school ? I have a bio textbook published in 2008 and e.coli its quite a big chunk of the genetic control topic. Its a part of the Jacob-Monod hypothesis of gene action in bacteria :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm sure you must have :smile: when did you leave school ? I have a bio textbook published in 2008 and e.coli its quite a big chunk of the genetic control topic. Its a part of the Jacob-Monod hypothesis of gene action in bacteria :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Nah, we just did straight up lac operon shiz. It was never put in context of an organism.
Reply 26
I like the lac operon! It looks confusing but it's actually really simple to understand. :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending