The Student Room Group
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website

Durham University Foundation Course

Welcome to the TSR forum for Durham Foundation Centre

To introduce myself, I am currently a student at Durham University, and having studied with the foundation centre from 2012/2013. In the autumn of 2013 I will be reading theology. I have been running this forum since I got a place at the University in 2011. The idea behind the forum is to give any student advice or answer questions they may have about the department as well as the university. I will try to do my best to answer these questions, if not then I will do what I can to find out. Any questions, just send me a message and I will get back to you ASAP.

This forum is a great way to communicate with other students before you start your course.

For information on the university: www.dur.ac.uk

For information on the programmes available: https://www.dur.ac.uk/foundation.centre/programmes/

Email: [email protected]

Join us on facebook: https://www.facebook.com/#!/FoundationCentre?fref=ts

Good luck to students for the new year

________________________________ ________________________________ ____

Programme:
Firm/Insurance:
College:
Where are you from:
(edited 10 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Are there any foundation applicants planning on coming to any of the opening days at Durham or Queens?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Chemistry Research, Durham University
Durham University
Durham
Visit website
Reply 2
Original post by ebowey
Are there any foundation applicants planning on coming to any of the opening days at Durham or Queens?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Hi, I've been to one of the queens open days and I'm considering going to another college day next month. I was just wondering I went to the foundation talk but I haven't been to my progression route one. Can you do that at some point next year as it would be interesting to find out more about the degree after foundation :smile: Also from your experience of foundation do you end up with loads of work from diff units like lots of essays, revision etc or is it bit by bit and manageable thanks :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 3
Hi

Contact the department you plan to progress onto, it's good to have an idea of the atmosphere and what the course is like. I visited the theology department before I started the foundation course and it is definitely worth going. Also, in block 1 as part of the course you can go and watch a lecture and write up on it. That way you can see if that course is for you. I'll double check on Friday that they are doing this again for 2013, I'm sure they will.

As far as the workload goes you have 2/3 assignment per module, which is fine as long as you plan and organise your work. Also as far as exams go you get plenty of time for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 4
Original post by ebowey
Hi

Contact the department you plan to progress onto, it's good to have an idea of the atmosphere and what the course is like. I visited the theology department before I started the foundation course and it is definitely worth going. Also, in block 1 as part of the course you can go and watch a lecture and write up on it. That way you can see if that course is for you. I'll double check on Friday that they are doing this again for 2013, I'm sure they will.

As far as the workload goes you have 2/3 assignment per module, which is fine as long as you plan and organise your work. Also as far as exams go you get plenty of time for revision.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww thank you that is so helpful :smile: I'll be studying for one of the business routes at Queens. Good luck with the rest of your foundation year too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 5
Original post by add4
Aww thank you that is so helpful :smile: I'll be studying for one of the business routes at Queens. Good luck with the rest of your foundation year too :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Thank you. If you have any further questions just let me know.:smile:
Reply 6
Original post by ebowey
Thank you. If you have any further questions just let me know.:smile:

Thank you :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Seems to be a few people who have firmed.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 8
Just visited Queens Campus for the first time, and I have to say wow. It's pretty impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 9
Original post by ebowey
Just visited Queens Campus for the first time, and I have to say wow. It's pretty impressive.

Posted from TSR Mobile

It's cool isn't it. I like it because its small, friendly, modern and next to the river :smile: I think I will visit Durham City campus at some point though as well even if I'm studying at Queens. Just out of curiosity, how long did it take you on the bus from Durham?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 10
I drove. It took about 30 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 11
Original post by ebowey
I drove. It took about 30 mins

Posted from TSR Mobile

Aww right cool thanks :smile: I'm sure it won't be significantly longer on the bus then.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 12
Going to the first mature students society meeting on Wednesday. Think it will be really interesting.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 13
Who is still waiting to hear back?

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 14
When did you apply?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 15
I've heard about students that apply in July so, your not too late.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 16
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368036515.227874.jpg

I have to say I'm loving Queens Campus

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 17
Original post by ebowey
ImageUploadedByStudent Room1368036515.227874.jpg

I have to say I'm loving Queens Campus

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you been to visit again? What do you like about it :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 18
I love the atmosphere.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 10 years ago)
Reply 19
Decline in students attending open days? What do students think?

http://www.palatinate.org.uk/?p=39317

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest