Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website

Hampden halls

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by Bordernelle
Yeah it will hopefully be an amazing experience! And same, I can't cook so I can see myself living on beans on toast haha, but trying to learn!

I also only went to Nottingham for the open day in march and it was hands down my favourite of the three I visited, Uni and city wise. What have you made your insurance?

I can't cook either! Maybe we can cook altogether as a flat haha, like one little family!

Same, really like the business school and course, and the uni is so close to the city centre! Where else did you apply?
Plymouth is my insurance choice, but I don't really want to go there! So if I don't get into trent It's clearing for me! You?
Students on campus Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham Trent University
Nottingham
Visit website
Original post by hannah.a
I can't cook either! Maybe we can cook altogether as a flat haha, like one little family!

Same, really like the business school and course, and the uni is so close to the city centre! Where else did you apply?
Plymouth is my insurance choice, but I don't really want to go there! So if I don't get into trent It's clearing for me! You?

Yeah hopefully! I am hoping to learn a little more cooking over the holidays, so I might be a bit better when I get to Uni!

Yeah the facilities seemed pretty awesome, and I also loved how close the campus was to the city centre. I also applied to de montfort, Lincoln, Manchester met, and uclan. What about you?

Lincoln is my insurance, and if I don't get into Nottingham trent I would be quite happy there, although its a bit more countrified then Nottingham which I was trying to get away from... But hopefully I get into nottingham! What did you take on for 6th form?
Reply 22
Yeah hopefully! I am hoping to learn a little more cooking over the holidays, so I might be a bit better when I get to Uni!

Yeah the facilities seemed pretty awesome, and I also loved how close the campus was to the city centre. I also applied to de montfort, Lincoln, Manchester met, and uclan. What about you?

Lincoln is my insurance, and if I don't get into Nottingham trent I would be quite happy there, although its a bit more countrified then Nottingham which I was trying to get away from... But hopefully I get into nottingham! What did you take on for 6th form?

Only bad thing is that we'll have to be careful how much we spend on food:frown:
I was set on getting accommodation on campus so I would be near to the city! Not going to lie, hampden halls wasn't my first choice haha

Plymouth, Manchester Met, Canterbury and Northumbria.
Would of loved to go to Northumbria but I just knew I won't get the grades!

The subjects I took is English Lit, Business and Philosophy and Ethics. Can't wait to never do them again haha, you?
Only bad thing is that we'll have to be careful how much we spend on food:frown:
I was set on getting accommodation on campus so I would be near to the city! Not going to lie, hampden halls wasn't my first choice haha

Plymouth, Manchester Met, Canterbury and Northumbria.
Would of loved to go to Northumbria but I just knew I won't get the grades!

The subjects I took is English Lit, Business and Philosophy and Ethics. Can't wait to never do them again haha, you?

Yeah I want to make sure I don't go over the top, and try and avoid expensive food or food I don't need. Hampden was my first choice as it was the only one I could afford haha! If my student finance had been a bit more I might have gone for gill street but I am quite happy with hampden, where were you looking at first?

Oh awesome, I love newcastle and If It wasn't so near to home I probably would have considered northumbria, but I probably wouldn't have got the grades aswell! Haha

I do business, english lit and law and can't wait to get these exams done and finish school!
Reply 24
Yeah I want to make sure I don't go over the top, and try and avoid expensive food or food I don't need. Hampden was my first choice as it was the only one I could afford haha! If my student finance had been a bit more I might have gone for gill street but I am quite happy with hampden, where were you looking at first?

Oh awesome, I love newcastle and If It wasn't so near to home I probably would have considered northumbria, but I probably wouldn't have got the grades aswell! Haha

I do business, english lit and law and can't wait to get these exams done and finish school!

Exactly! Need to save money for going out and stuff... how exciting! I did want my own bathroom, but I'm fine with sharing with another person! Was looking at Sandby. The new ones were waaaay to expensive, my student loan barely covers this one!

Im so excited for this summer! Don't get me wrong it will be really sad leaving school, but I feel like I'm ready! Uni will be the best experience
Exactly! Need to save money for going out and stuff... how exciting! I did want my own bathroom, but I'm fine with sharing with another person! Was looking at Sandby. The new ones were waaaay to expensive, my student loan barely covers this one!

Im so excited for this summer! Don't get me wrong it will be really sad leaving school, but I feel like I'm ready! Uni will be the best experience

Yeah I'd rather go for cheaper halls and have more money for events and going out. I did look at sandby but I didn't like how it wasn't in flats but blocks of rooms. I really don't mind not having my own bathroom but thats because I've lived away from home in the weekdays since I was in year 9, but I do remember dreading the idea in year 9! Also 1 bathroom between two is not bad at all!

Yeah it'll be pretty bittersweet leaving school, I know I'll miss some of my friends but I've felt ready to leave school for a while now! Luckily there is only a couple of months to go! And hopefully it'll be a nice summer! The thing I'm really looking forward to Is uni, definitely!
Reply 26
Yeah I'd rather go for cheaper halls and have more money for events and going out. I did look at sandby but I didn't like how it wasn't in flats but blocks of rooms. I really don't mind not having my own bathroom but thats because I've lived away from home in the weekdays since I was in year 9, but I do remember dreading the idea in year 9! Also 1 bathroom between two is not bad at all!

Yeah it'll be pretty bittersweet leaving school, I know I'll miss some of my friends but I've felt ready to leave school for a while now! Luckily there is only a couple of months to go! And hopefully it'll be a nice summer! The thing I'm really looking forward to Is uni, definitely!

Yeah I think Hampden has a homely feel to it! You've lived away from home since year 9? Can I ask why? Haha

Think uni is just such a big change, we're sort of in a little cacoon at school! At uni we'll be totally independent! Will be a learning curve for sure
Yeah I think Hampden has a homely feel to it! You've lived away from home since year 9? Can I ask why? Haha

Think uni is just such a big change, we're sort of in a little cacoon at school! At uni we'll be totally independent! Will be a learning curve for sure

Yeah, they've been described as mini houses which definitely makes it sound homely! And yeah i have, just because I live about an hour away from our high school so the council provide a boarding wing closer to the school, it used to be great when i was younger but now it is really rubbish!

Yeah it will be a huge learning curve, having to do everything for yourself and being 100% responsible for yourself, it will be a massive jump! I'm really looking forward for it though, after the scaryness has gone! Have you been accepted to the facebook page yet?
Reply 28
Yeah, they've been described as mini houses which definitely makes it sound homely! And yeah i have, just because I live about an hour away from our high school so the council provide a boarding wing closer to the school, it used to be great when i was younger but now it is really rubbish!

Yeah it will be a huge learning curve, having to do everything for yourself and being 100% responsible for yourself, it will be a massive jump! I'm really looking forward for it though, after the scaryness has gone! Have you been accepted to the facebook page yet?

Oh wow, that's different! Haven't got long left, just keep that thought in your head!

Im excited and nervous at the same time haha, couldn't stop thinking about it last night before bed! I was getting panicky, and no I haven't :frown:
Might cancel the request and send it again haha, when I do finally get accepted I'll def add you as a friend!
Oh wow, that's different! Haven't got long left, just keep that thought in your head!

Im excited and nervous at the same time haha, couldn't stop thinking about it last night before bed! I was getting panicky, and no I haven't :frown:
Might cancel the request and send it again haha, when I do finally get accepted I'll def add you as a friend!

Yeah I'm keeping that thought in my head! I worked out on Saturday that I had exactly 2 months left before my final exam so its getting very close!

Yeah same, I keep getting waves of excitement and then utter panic, but my biggest worry was not getting on with my flatmates but you've reassured me haha! I have wanted to go to university since middle school and I can't believe how close it is now!

Hmm I wonder whats taking so long? Maybe I picked a good time to ask to join like the day before they accept everyone or something as it only took a day for me, and I'll deffo accept haha! I think the people who have posted on here will be glad has we have kinda hijacked the thread haha
Reply 30
Yeah I'm keeping that thought in my head! I worked out on Saturday that I had exactly 2 months left before my final exam so its getting very close!

Yeah same, I keep getting waves of excitement and then utter panic, but my biggest worry was not getting on with my flatmates but you've reassured me haha! I have wanted to go to university since middle school and I can't believe how close it is now!

Hmm I wonder whats taking so long? Maybe I picked a good time to ask to join like the day before they accept everyone or something as it only took a day for me, and I'll deffo accept haha! I think the people who have posted on here will be glad has we have kinda hijacked the thread haha

Do you get study leave before your summer exams? Or do you finish when the rest of the school does?

I think not getting on with your flat mates would be the worst thing! We're sharing a flat together god damn it, that would be soooo awkward. Pleased I found you on this forum haha!

I know it's annoying, I sent another request today haha, hopefully they get the hint! I know, no one is commenting on it anymore!
The other people you've found in our flat are yet boys or girls??
Do you get study leave before your summer exams? Or do you finish when the rest of the school does?

I think not getting on with your flat mates would be the worst thing! We're sharing a flat together god damn it, that would be soooo awkward. Pleased I found you on this forum haha!

I know it's annoying, I sent another request today haha, hopefully they get the hint! I know, no one is commenting on it anymore!
The other people you've found in our flat are yet boys or girls??

I can leave straight after I've finished our exams I think unless you've got coursework to finish and get signed off, what about you?

Yeah it would be horrible as it's going to be your home and your flatmates are who you spend most of your time with. I don't mind if I'm not bezzie mates with my flatmates but it would be awful if you hated eachother. Haha lets think positive! What are you most looking forward to?

Erm I've found one girl and one boy other then you, the girl is in he room next to me and you and the boy is downstairs I think, so far more girls then boys which I don't mind haha
(edited 11 years ago)
Reply 32
I can leave straight after I've finished our exams I think unless you've got coursework to finish and get signed off, what about you?

Yeah it would be horrible as it's going to be your home and your flatmates are who you spend most of your time with. I don't mind if I'm not bezzie mates with my flatmates but it would be awful if you hated eachother. Haha lets think positive! What are you most looking forward to?

Erm I've found one girl and one boy other then you, the girl is in he room next to me and you and the boy is downstairs I think, so far more girls then boys which I don't mind haha

I have about 23 days left at school, then we go o study leave and don't have to come back! Only for exams!
Most looking forward to getting to meeting new people as a change of scene! Excited for the nottingham nightlife aswell haha!

Can't wait to have a sneaky peak at what they look like haha
I have about 23 days left at school, then we go o study leave and don't have to come back! Only for exams!
Most looking forward to getting to meeting new people as a change of scene! Excited for the nottingham nightlife aswell haha!

Can't wait to have a sneaky peak at what they look like haha

I forgot to tell you my name haha! I just realised! My names Ellen and i'm guessing yours hannah? Yeah, I can't wait to finish school! It'll be a long summer holiday of waiting and getting ready haha

Yeah I'm looking forward to events and going out stuff, better than my stuffy old village. Also looking forward of meeting new people and basically having fun!

Yeah I liked having a sneaky peek at them thats for sure, I would tell you more about them but its something for you to look forward to haha, so are you doing much over the holidays?
Reply 34
I forgot to tell you my name haha! I just realised! My names Ellen and i'm guessing yours hannah? Yeah, I can't wait to finish school! It'll be a long summer holiday of waiting and getting ready haha

Yeah I'm looking forward to events and going out stuff, better than my stuffy old village. Also looking forward of meeting new people and basically having fun!

Yeah I liked having a sneaky peek at them thats for sure, I would tell you more about them but its something for you to look forward to haha, so are you doing much over the holidays?

Yes my names Hannah:smile: haha, are you 18?

I like the suspense haha, wonder if ours is fully booked up yet... I have a holiday planned with my friends! Off to ayia napa for a week which should be soooo much fun. Also want to do a festival! But funds are very low atm haha, you?
Yes my names Hannah:smile: haha, are you 18?

I like the suspense haha, wonder if ours is fully booked up yet... I have a holiday planned with my friends! Off to ayia napa for a week which should be soooo much fun. Also want to do a festival! But funds are very low atm haha, you?

Yeah I'm 18 and 19 in November so I haven't taken a gap year or anything haha, you?

Aw man, I'm jealous! Haha, my funds are too low :frown: some of my friends are going to magaluf and I'm dead jealous! I'll probably spend the holiday working so I can save up funds to get a laptop and to go to uni! Yeah I wonder if our room is booked up yet theres four that I have found including me so there is two more to go!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending