The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

SAF "Phil Jones, the way he is looking, arguably he can be our best every player"
Original post by Eboracum
Yeah I said that. It was an angry rant after losing a derby game. It happens. That's how passionate I am about my team. Things were said in the heat of the moment. How manly of you to bring it up now. You're not bitter as well are you? (sorry, I forget who you support).

Why would I be bitter? It's a great achievement for a great club, deserved champions. Much rather the red 3/4 of Manchester win it and I'm happy for the actual supporters like IanDangerously who saw the Sunderland fans taunting him in real life.

I just think it's funny you called him a flop after the City game and are back on his dick now.

I've never disclosed my team on here either.
Reply 2922
Deserved title lads.

It's sad to see how bitter some people are. He left for a bigger, better club, call it a promotion. He was going nowhere at Arsenal. At the time 28-years-old, and wanted to end his career with some trophies, as that is what football is about. You bitter Gooners should be giving great players a standing ovation.

The same when Drogba scored against us which was offside at Old Trafford a few years ago. All swings and roundabouts.

Not really. Whenever I hear a United fan say this, I always think they must have selective memory. What about Macheda's handball goal only five minutes later?

[video="youtube;OoGd0GUZYNg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGd0GUZYNg[/video]

Could rule out both goals and we'd have still won.
Shame now City can't sing the epic 'you signed Phil Jones we signed Kun Agüero' any more though.
Original post by rockrunride
Shame now City can't sing the epic 'you signed Phil Jones we signed Kun Agüero' any more though.

Man. United will have the last laugh when they sell Bebe and City sell Kun Aguero.
Original post by Tommyjw
SAF "Phil Jones, the way he is looking, arguably he can be our best every player"

Think he started hitting the whiskey at half time.
Reply 2926
Original post by Musester
Not really. Whenever I hear a United fan say this, I always think they must have selective memory. What about Macheda's handball goal only five minutes later?

[video="youtube;OoGd0GUZYNg"]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OoGd0GUZYNg[/video]

Wow downvoting? Because you can't accept fact. There's a blatant handball in that video.

Pure stupidity.
Original post by The Assassin
Think he started hitting the whiskey at half time.

Jones is 21, has put in top, top class performances every time he has asked at CB let alone RB and midfield. It's hardly a crazy statem,ent to say he can be a world class player for us and a club legend. Best every though.. bit crazy.

If Jones had been allowed the same amount of CB performances as players like Varane and Nastasic this season and if he had followed the same consistency he has shown (i know how a big a if is though), he'd be up there with those guys int erms of top CB talents. Unfortunately for him he is behind 3 top class CB's.

Jones is a young versatile defender with a ton of potential and cost us less than half what Aguero cost them...Jones was solid 1st season and great this season when he hasn't been injured, to imply there is a gulf in quality of signing is risible at best, shows how little they understand football and that's about it.
Champions champions champions waheeeey **** of city
Original post by Wilfred Little
Why would I be bitter? It's a great achievement for a great club, deserved champions. Much rather the red 3/4 of Manchester win it and I'm happy for the actual supporters like IanDangerously who saw the Sunderland fans taunting him in real life.

I just think it's funny you called him a flop after the City game and are back on his dick now.

I've never disclosed my team on here either.

It's sad that people with opinions like yours still exist. It's just backward. We've had the debate countless times, it's simply a banal issue where you come from. What matters is that you love the club. If the gentlemen you mentioned went to the Sunderland match, good for him. I'm a student, I can't afford a season ticket, therefore I can't get away tickets. I go when I can and have been over 40 times.

It was a rant which was in the heat of the moment. Of course I didn't mean it. Have you never said anything you regret in the heat of the moment?

You need to get a life mate. Sad sad bitter man. It's just jealousy and the fact that clearly you've got nothing better to do than criticise certain fans. Not disclosing your team is rather strange as well, perhaps you are embarrassed about them, which you need not be.

I've never understood that one. Phil Jones was a player signed for the future, he'll be as good as Kompany in 2/3 years, then they won't be laughing.

Original post by Musester

Not for me, the Macheda one is accidental, so the game ends 1-1. I'd also point to the 1-0 win for you at Stamford Bridge. Terry heads in the winner, Drogba impeding our goalkeeper, so we were stolen from twice that season. Deserved win for Manchester United this year, the best team over 34 games (so far).
Can someone post a gif of Van Persie's second goal please
Original post by cleveradam
Too bad he scored against Arsenal and pretty much has won Man Utd the title.
You are a soar Arsenal fan aren't you?
I support Chelsea but I want Didier Drogba to go and win more trophies. I didn't know that a true fan would instantaneously start hating a player that has served your team for so long just like that. Bit low mate.

Congrats to utd and all, but you really can't compare the manner in which Drogba left to RVP's. Drogba left after winning everything for Chelsea after having just lifted the CL trophy, probably the best player in your club history. He would be better compared with Henry, most Arsenal fans would love him to win more tropies. RVP left on bad terms to a rival club after 18months fit whichever way you see it, whatever his reasoning, I'm pretty sure if Drogba was lifting the trophy with Utd you wouldn't be smiling, I'm not soar or bitter, just pointing this out.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by Kenan and Kel

Here's one angle.

Here's another.
Does anyone have any funny pics to piss lfc fans
Sad sad bitter man. It's just jealousy

What part of "great club", "great achievement" and "deserved champions" did you not understand :confused:

I haven't criticised Man. United once.
Van Persie hat-trick to get in the lead for the Golden Boot, followed up by a ban on Suarez soon after :coma:

Number 1 complete!
Original post by member9876
Does anyone have any funny pics to piss lfc fans

Probably wont like the Evra one

Original post by SciFiRory

Looks fairly similar to the one he scored against Everton last season.

Latest