The Student Room Group

Updates to Forum Designs

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
yep... This looks like pure ****.
Reply 21
Also what is this "Meet the community" on the homepage thing supposed to be used for? It's just a bunch of pictures
I really don't like it, it looks far too cartoony.

Guess we'll all just get used to it though.
Original post by de_monies
I personally think that the red hand looks a bit brighter than the green hand, making it look like every single person has had at least one neg rep, when they reply

Interesting comment. Not something I'd thought about before, but definitely see what you mean. Let's give it a bit of time to bed in and see what we think in a few days. If it's still an issue, we can make a recommendation to see if the icon could be tweaked.

Keep constructive feedback like this coming though :smile:
I agree. I'm not a fan of the latest changes, at all.
It seems an ineffective "view all received rep" button has been added for non-subs, just to taunt us for our stinginess!

Or was it there already?
can the font be changed back, as i am struggling to actually read it, and its giving me a headache/migrane which isnt good, i dont mind the other changes, but i really dont like the font.
Go advanced and edit posts still using old style layout - more inconsistency.
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by FrogInABog
It seems an ineffective "view all received rep" button has been added for non-subs, just to taunt us for our stinginess!

Or was it there already?

That was there already, I believe. The location of it within the widget might have changed though.
too much grey, and the new font across the site is pretty large.

(my username colour isn't helping:ninja:)
(edited 11 years ago)
Original post by RK
That was there already, I believe. The location of it within the widget might have changed though.

Just me being inattentive then!
Such a geeky thing to say, but I really like how the indent and quotes look together now.
#TSRgeek4life
Reply 32
I think once I get used to it, I'll see it as a positive change.
What I don't like however is the font change. I don't have a very good memory so I have forgotten already what the old one was? Does anyone know? The new one makes bills in the MHoC look wrong.
Original post by mikeyd85
Go advanced and edit posts still using old style layout - more inconsistency.

The move to the new style is being introduced as a gradual thing.

First we did the header and footer and now we've got the thread and forum pages, the home page, CMS pages and some parts on other pages like PMs.

The next plan is to try and role it out on to most other pages at some point in the near future. So it will all be coming to the new design soon enough.
Original post by Vikki1805
This is looking more and more like a CBeebies home page with every site amendment that takes place.

This!!
I don't like the new layout. Things look out of proportion :s-smilie:
Reply 35
Original post by RK

It says that I can't view it though, is it still for subs?
Reply 36
I like how things are bigger and clearer but at the same time it has also become a little childish as others have mentioned. Font also a potential issue and maybe a bit bright. Doing my head in a little bit at the moment. **** knows how I'll feel when I come on here with a migraine. It is easier on my phone though. Do feel a bit like a 7 year old first discovering the internet though with the colours and "roundedness" I guess of certain things. Sort of like a comic sans epidemic without the comic sans.

Quite honestly I feel like a 5 year old on LSD has been let lose with a box of crayola :/
(edited 11 years ago)
Edit: Removed report of more inconsistency due to RK's reply above.

Re: View All Rep, I do not have this button.
Original post by Jarred
I think once I get used to it, I'll see it as a positive change.
What I don't like however is the font change. I don't have a very good memory so I have forgotten already what the old one was? Does anyone know? The new one makes bills in the MHoC look wrong.

The font was Verdana and is now Arial.

Fonts are perhaps a personal thing. Some people will prefer Verdana, others Arial. But really it's what you're used to. The change was a bit of a shock to me when I first saw it as it was quite different, but I go used to it during testing, as I'm sure other people will too given a couple of days with it :biggrin:
Reply 39
Original post by mikeyd85
Edit: Removed report of more inconsistency due to RK's reply above.

Re: View All Rep, I do not have this button.

If we redesigned every single page of TSR it would take us months. There's way too much of it to do it all at once, so the only way is to get it done in bits and pieces, and gradually improve the structure of the site.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending