The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

wtf is this new look?!

Original post by Bluffroom
Just because you may be in the top few % of a year doesn't mean that you are uber clever. I could be the top in another school but still be thick as **** - as the school would also be generally ****. It's not the best indicator of anything.

Yeah but still, modesty.
Original post by Bude8
wtf is this new look?!

Yeah but still, modesty.

It's the finished look of the update from november. I am not enamoured with it personally but I can see it growing on me..

Yeah I know but still - I was saying I have been told before that I'm in the 95th percentile - it doesn't stop me from feeling very stupid though. Most people in this chat are leagues ahead in terms of intelligence.
Modesty '^'
This new layout..... :sigh:
Original post by Elm Tree

the fonts are meh and its toooooooooo briiiightttt!!
Original post by Princepieman
How can you hate such a beautiful language?

I just hate studying it! I'm not very good :frown:
IF i was at my old school i would stil be 95th percentile byt there were oonly 20 in the year...

:shock: how can the year be so small?
Original post by Princepieman
Computing at my school is balls. For the past two years, all it's been is :"Oi class, get on wi your projects" No teaching at all.Not surprised most of the class are going to fail it... Luckily I know most of the topics and self-taught the other parts.

yep, I finished ages ago and everyone else is told to 'crack on' but they never know what to do/do anything
Original post by Bude8
you guys are so modest :moon:

yep :smile:
Original post by MattFletcher
I just hate studying it! I'm not very good :frown:

:shock: how can the year be so small?

yep, I finished ages ago and everyone else is told to 'crack on' but they never know what to do/do anything

yep :smile:

It is a rural school, but I go to a normal comp now (have since mid yr 7) and there is over 250 or so.,
Original post by yellowcopter
You guys are all talking about being top of the class for your subjects as if it matters so much. Your good grades obviously matter, but how top you are in your school means nothing really, all it does is kick you up the butt to keep you motivated and getting those A* grades.

I'm probably the lowest achieving for Art and Maths but I'm the highest achiever in my year group so I've been told by my teachers for RS, Graphics and English. I'm average for all my other subjects. :tongue:

I'm bad at French :frown: But everyone has their strenghts and weaknesses, but things like RS I excel at because it's retained knowlege I already know. If anything there's a worry of being too good at certain subjects because you're held back for the teacher to teach everyone
Original post by Elm Tree

It's completely Okay :/
It is a rural school, but I go to a normal comp now (have since mid yr 7) and there is over 250 or so.,

fair enough. Suppose less people would be good (if they had good teachers) because it's more personal
fair enough. Suppose less people would be good (if they had good teachers) because it's more personal

It was a **** school. Btw is twitter for mobile messing up today? I couldn't tweet at all until like 4pm today.
(edited 10 years ago)
Swear to god if my Chemistry Teacher talks about her 5 year old Kid ONE MORE TIME! :angry: She doesn't teach :frown:
It was a **** school. Btw is skype for mobile messing up today? I couldn't tweet at all until like 4pm today.

I don't have skype? :tongue:
I don't have skype? :tongue:

I meant twitter -.- that's why it said tweet in the second sentence!
Swear to god if my Chemistry Teacher talks about her 5 year old Kid ONE MORE TIME! :angry: She doesn't teach :frown:

my physics teacher is the same.
my physics teacher is the same.

My Physics Teacher just pulls terrible jokes, E.g "we're going to get a closer look at magnification" or "many people enjoy this topic [UltraSound] , That's why they tend to call it 'Ultra - Sound :wink:'":facepalm:
I meant twitter -.- that's why it said tweet in the second sentence!

I haven't been on it since like 2 minutes ago! Had a chemistry Resit End-of-unit-and-pointless-test
My Physics Teacher just pulls terrible jokes, E.g "we're going to get a closer look at magnification" or "many people enjoy this topic [UltraSound] , That's why they tend to call it 'Ultra - Sound :wink:'":facepalm:

I haven't been on it since like 2 minutes ago! Had a chemistry Resit End-of-unit-and-pointless-test

Boo to physics teachers!

Lol fair enough. Louise on @Sweden made a good point on a youtube video today...
Boo to physics teachers!

Lol fair enough. Louise on @Sweden made a good point on a youtube video today...

What did she say?
Boo to physics teachers!

@Sweden
:daydreaming:

Man that girl from 2 weeks ago was so hot :coma:
Aah I see then... I think (not gonna be modest) the whole year group...

Spoiler

Art kills me :mmm: English maybe too?

If we did in the UK though I'd be much nearer the bottom :lol:
Original post by Bude8
Someone in my school has the same name as you, I think :sly:

weird, my name is unusual :smile: which school do you go to ?

Latest